Bowling Guide!

cooks1st100

Panel of Selectors
I desparately want to bowl as P. Siddle (the great outswing we saw in Ashes). Never saw any wild swing in DBC 14 so wondering whether we can actually deliver some! Any assistance will be gratifying. Also just to brush-up, how exactly we can bowl Swing with a midium pacer. A Controller screenshot will be a great help.

Thank you!

The swing is wildly exaggerated in DBC just check Bigeye after bowling a swinging delivery if your eyes don't aren't picking this up. My players are set up with very low swing attributes to keep things realistic. Just push up/left on the LHS to a right-handed batsman and you'll bowl an outswinger.

GuyIncognito94

School Cricketer
I've found there's plenty of swing but it doesn't seem to cause the A.I any problems though. Bowled a 150kph inswinging yorker to a tailender and what do they do? Back cut it for six!:mad

Will88

School Cricketer
This thread has been very useful so far. I'm in my second season of a career as a batting allrounder, bowling offspin, and I had no idea I could choose a type of delivery before starting my run (amble) up!

Pretty classic mistake, but it hasn't stopped me. I've found a way to bowl spin without spinning it, that almost always gets batsmen out (PRO difficulty). I bowl full deliveries almost all the time, no spin, aiming in a random arc between middle stump and 4th/5th stump.

If I go too far towards leg stump, I get hit for 4/6 all the time, and if I go too far outside off I get smashed. But my accuracy is pretty good, so I tend to reap regular reward, averaging about 7 wickets a match with a bowling average of about 7-8.

My only frustration is that when my team bats first, and I do poorly, I barely ever get a decent spell with the ball. Not my problem that my captains insist on shooting themselves in the foot.

Anyone else tried a similar method of non-spinning spin bowling? If not I suggest you give it a go. Just make sure your bowling arm is outside off, so bowl around/over the wicket as necessary. You want to be bringing the ball in towards the batsman, not across him.

TerryAlderman

Club Captain
I too usually bowl spin without rotating the left thumbstick. I reckon that the ball never spins off the pitch anyway.....it just straightens up. The ball does move in the air and/or dips....the amount of movement in the air may be influenced by the rotating of the left stick....I personally don't think it does.

zaff4444

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I too usually bowl spin without rotating the left thumbstick. I reckon that the ball never spins off the pitch anyway.....it just straightens up. The ball does move in the air and/or dips....the amount of movement in the air may be influenced by the rotating of the left stick....I personally don't think it does.
Trust me mate it does spin when lands on the pitch.

SIKANDERCRICKET10

School Cricketer
Can Someone One Please Help Me Out Here! I Love Dbc 14 But I Have One Problem. I Am Not Getting Any Wickets. I've Read Many Forums And Some people say when you pull the Rs down on PS3 you have to hold it there and then pull it up from there but it doesn't work for me. now if there is any good fast bowler looking at this please I beg you please give me Some tips on how I can improve my pace bowling and how I can get a lot of wickets. If so please leave some tips or styles of pace bowling to get more wickets. on this thread so it can be easier please also leave some tips on leg spin bowling and BATTING as well
!!! THANK YOU ANYONE THAT TRIES OR WILL HELP ME OUT

ravenswood7

Club Captain
Can Someone One Please Help Me Out Here! I Love Dbc 14 But I Have One Problem. I Am Not Getting Any Wickets. I've Read Many Forums And Some people say when you pull the Rs down on PS3 you have to hold it there and then pull it up from there but it doesn't work for me. now if there is any good fast bowler looking at this please I beg you please give me Some tips on how I can improve my pace bowling and how I can get a lot of wickets. If so please leave some tips or styles of pace bowling to get more wickets. on this thread so it can be easier please also leave some tips on leg spin bowling and BATTING as well
!!! THANK YOU ANYONE THAT TRIES OR WILL HELP ME OUT

I understand where you are coming from but ever since patch 3 bowling has become much more harder to get wickets even on rookie! I used to get loads of 5 wickets in a innings and 10 wickets in a match but since patch 3 as I said bowling is much harder to get wickets im a fast bowling all rounder and have like 47 wickets in 13 games not bad but it was double that before patch 3 I just bowl always at off stump with a good length varying my deliveries off cuter leg cutter cross seam out swinger in swinger straight seam also bowling bouncers and full deliveries bowling off stump line. In other words don't get to predicable mix up your deliveries go around the wicket change the field especially if a batsmen is doing really well like in real life this happens with cricket I love bowling fast and whilst you wont get loads of wickets like before patch 3 you will get wickets remember keep bowling that off stump line e.g Glenn McGrath but as a fast bowler also im a leg spinning all-rounder and I find that spinners are getting more wickets than the fast bowlers. Also in one day games and t20 games a s a fast bowler I bowl more full Yorker deliveries and get more bowled and LBW as the batsmen are more aggressive than the 4 day game. Batting is a timing thing mainly I normally play off the front foot watch the ball wait till the ball pitches then play the shot, use the practice match it will tell you your timing and foot placement. I hope this helps.

Last edited:

SIKANDERCRICKET10

School Cricketer
I understand where you are coming from but ever since patch 3 bowling has become much more harder to get wickets even on rookie! I used to get loads of 5 wickets in a innings and 10 wickets in a match but since patch 3 as I said bowling is much harder to get wickets im a fast bowling all rounder and have like 47 wickets in 13 games not bad but it was double that before patch 3 I just bowl always at off stump with a good length varying my deliveries off cuter leg cutter cross seam out swinger in swinger straight seam also bowling bouncers and full deliveries bowling off stump line. In other words don't get to predicable mix up your deliveries go around the wicket change the field especially if a batsmen is doing really well like in real life this happens with cricket I love bowling fast and whilst you wont get loads of wickets like before patch 3 you will get wickets remember keep bowling that off stump line e.g Glenn McGrath but as a fast bowler also im a leg spinning all-rounder and I find that spinners are getting more wickets than the fast bowlers. Also in one day games and t20 games a s a fast bowler I bowl more full Yorker deliveries and get more bowled and LBW as the batsmen are more aggressive than the 4 day game. Batting is a timing thing mainly I normally play off the front foot watch the ball wait till the ball pitches then play the shot, use the practice match it will tell you your timing and foot placement. I hope this helps.
Is there any tips u can give me for finger spin bowlers, like what ball to use and how to do it and get wickets

Yash.

Staff Member
India
Ireland
ENG....
SRH...
QG
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
People please help me whenever i try to bowl just outside the off stump and move the stick towards 11 o'clock the ball goes very wide. Pls help tnhxxxxx in advance

Believe

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
Any LegBreak Tips

Bowl good length Leg Breaks, and use Full armballs, and good length Sliders as your changes. Don't experiment too much with line/length/delivery as bowling spin is a patience game. Keep the batsmen quiet, and they'll eventually try to go after you, and that's when your wickets will come. Wrong'uns are almost useless until you get your skill 2/3's of the way up, and don't bowl anything other than armballs on a full length. On almost all pitches they will simply become full tosses, and you'll get spanked more than a monkey.

AmericansLikeCricketToo

School Cricketer
I used to bowl wrist spin as a young fella so am trying again with this game.
As others have mentioned however I find it hard to bowl a traditional leggie as the ball always seems to spin the wrong way.
I do get 7 or 8 wickets in most shield games so Im happy with my progress but would be nice to sort the leggie out.
I found it hard to work out the drift etc & it seems the ball moves alot in the wind yes?
Any tips appreciated.

What difficulty are you playing the on?

AmericansLikeCricketToo

School Cricketer
It depends on the bouncers. Always check the batsman's strengths and weaknesses. If the batsman is weak on the back foot, it's always worth trying a bouncer or two, since there is a fair chance he'll flap at it and fail to keep the bat down. Similarly with batsmen whose strength is on the front foot. Just don't do it to batsmen whose strength is on the back foot, or even flat bat.

How do you check their strengths and weaknesses???

TerryAlderman

Club Captain
I have some 'tips' for fast/medium fast bowlers that seem to work OK for me on my xbox360. I get occasional wickets due to AI batsman playing a kind of 'false' shot and being caught. But I use this delivery to try to prevent the rather annoying situation where the last ball of the over gets hit to the boundary. I choose the seam delivery with the short ball (B button on 360) BUT it's going to be an overpitched short ball that is released from as far from the popping crease as I can get. To do this I pull the right stick back as early as I can...usually before the bowling meter hits the 'green zone' and push upwards as early as I can....either before the release green zone or as the needle touches this indicator. The delivery seems to pitch just short of a 'good length'. It sounds crazy....but it kinda works.

Users who are viewing this thread