Fast Bowlers

Howsie

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
The up and coming quicks in NZ are:

Tim Southee
Trent Boult
Richard Sherlock(The next Shane Bond, in terms of speed and injuries.)
Anurag Verma

Dare how fast are Jason Dawes and Nelon Pascal?

Dare

Chairman of Selectors
The up and coming quicks in NZ are:

Tim Southee
Trent Boult
Richard Sherlock(The next Shane Bond, in terms of speed and injuries.)
Anurag Verma

Dare how fast are Jason Dawes and Nelon Pascal?

I remember seeing Dawes in the last under 19 world cup and he was bowling in the high 130s so he should be there or a little higher now. I'm not sure about Pascal, I have never seen his speeds.

mattfb

Chairman of Selectors
Zaheer>Tanvir and Broad. Tanvir gets smacked all over in international cricket, had a good IPL because of his wierd action against younger and less experienced cricketers. Broad is overrated IMO.

That is true. Warner and Hughes were smacking around Tanvir the other day.

manee

Chairman of Selectors
It was extremely heartening to see a geniune quick back in world cricket again, with Shaun Tait clocking as high at 156kph! His pace dropped rapidly (pun intended) throughout his four overs and it will be interesting to see how his pace holds up in the ODI series as he often seems quite ineffective when his pace drops, although what precise number this is varies as speedgun readings do from condition to condition.

Tait jogs in to the crease and yet tops at higher than any other bowler currently in the world, it seems pretty much a mystery to me. A lot of people manage to spot a slight straightening of the arm but not only do I think that this is below 15 degrees but I don't think it could account for all his pace. There is an innate complexity to Tait's action, involving the rotation of the wrist through 270 degrees and also the follow through which shows the body grind to a standstill over the front leg, among other things.

mukund_nadkarni

Club Cricketer
Brett Lee's my favourite modern day bowler. Just love the smooth action, the jump and the release. Wasim Akram though was the greatest I saw.

Users who are viewing this thread