Fast Bowlers

Leicester Fox

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Just basically went on about how i was going to sell his autograph on Ebay for ?200 when he takes 1000 test match wickets and other rubbish.Imagine the pope meating god times a million

Griffo

Chairman of Selectors
lol he probably thought you should get of speed at some stage in your life aswell

smssia0112

Chairman of Selectors
Best 3 would be Holding, Lillee and McGrath for me.

As for Brett Lee, come off it. He doesn't deserve an Australian cap, to be compared with the best is embarassing. Most of his wickets are batsmen chasing his bad balls.

mattfb

Chairman of Selectors
Bump!

I thought we should have a thread just to discuss fast bowling in general or our favourite fast bowlers. Feel free to post videos of top balls or ask for help etc.

Just watching some youtube videos of Steyn. His ability to swing the ball both ways so destructible is awesome.

King Pietersen

ICC Board Member
What about a current Top 5? Mine would be:

Tests:
Dale Steyn
Mitchell Johnson
Zaheer Khan
Ishant Sharma
Andrew Flintoff

ODi's:
Nathan Bracken
Mitchell Johnson
Stuart Broad
Sohail Tanvir
Andrew Flintoff

Opinions?

IloveGilly

News Team Member<br><a href="http://www.planetcric
I was watching old videos of the 2005 Ashes. Really gave me chills just watching Jones and Flintoff obliterating the Australian team like that.

It is a shame Bracken isn't a first choice anymore. Such an efficient choice of Australia in the ODI always.

mattfb

Chairman of Selectors
I don't really have a top 5 in either because to be perfectly honest I don't watch a hell of a lot of international cricket apart from Australia. That is partly due to the rarity of FOX sports showing other games.

But, I would definitely agree on your Test ones. Not sure about Flintoff because like I said I haven't seen him but I've seen all the others and they have purely dominated. Been a while since I've watched a one dayer so no comment on that one :p

Anyway, remember, I bumped this thread just to have a fast bowling thread so everyone feel free to have general discussions about fast bowlers! I was going to make one but decided to search and I found this old thing.

Feelin Blue? added 2 Minutes and 34 Seconds later...

I was watching old videos of the 2005 Ashes. Really gave me chills just watching Jones and Flintoff obliterating the Australian team like that.

Oh man, I still have nightmares about that ball by Jones that reverse swung and took out Clarkes off stump.

Dare

Chairman of Selectors
anyone ever seen clips of Patrick Patterson bowling, he was easily one of the quickest bowlers around at the end of the 80s and beginning of 90s.

manee

Chairman of Selectors
Seen clips of him, quite unusual bowling action - not too sure about his pace, though, as his appears to be quite hard to estimate.

Cricketman

ICC Chairman
What about a current Top 5? Mine would be:

Tests:
Dale Steyn
Mitchell Johnson
Zaheer Khan
Ishant Sharma
Andrew Flintoff

ODi's:
Nathan Bracken
Mitchell Johnson
Stuart Broad
Sohail Tanvir
Andrew Flintoff

Opinions?

Zaheer>Tanvir and Broad. Tanvir gets smacked all over in international cricket, had a good IPL because of his wierd action against younger and less experienced cricketers. Broad is overrated IMO.

Dare

Chairman of Selectors
Seen clips of him, quite unusual bowling action - not too sure about his pace, though, as his appears to be quite hard to estimate.

Yea had a really unusual action.
To me he looks really quick probably as quick as Ian Bishop was if not quicker.

So who are the pace bowlers from your teams that are up anc coming and you think could make a impact in the coming years.

From the West Indies I would say Kemar Roach, Jason Dawes and Nelon Pascal are the ones I think and hope will be contenders in a year or so.

Users who are viewing this thread