Favorite Indian Food.

I think the Mcdonalds which is visited the most is in Russia

Cos' when i went to Turkey i walked past a McDonalds and they were advertising the McTurko burger :p

I know that in Turkey and Greece they have 'lambburgers' instead of hamburgers. In Sweden and Norway they have 'salmon' burgers. In the phillipines (sp?) they have spaghetti with ketchup and hotdogs instead. I know that there are more vegetarian oriented recipes in India for McDonalds and Pizza Hut.

On Kabobs, yeah they're a MiddleEastern recipe, but they're used in Northern Indian cooking quite a bit to the point that you can say it's pretty much a part of Indian cooking (or an Indian food.) If you really wanted to be technical then you'd say that Halva, Kabobs, and Tandoori Chicken are all 'non-indian' because they were brought in originally from the Mid-East (Iran/Turkey/Greece.) I consider the various Kabobs to be part of Indian cuisine, but it really is a bit of a classification thing.

Cool so a lot of variation from country to country then.

How is McDonalds visited the most in Russia? I would be pretty sure its America.

Cool so a lot of variation from country to country then.

How is McDonalds visited the most in Russia? I would be pretty sure its America.
I saw it on discovery channel and that man was telling that around 40,000 people visit it daily

Yeah, but its not particularly densely populated. I'm sure america will have more than that per day.

Has anyone eaten Puran Poli ?

yup...eat it sometimes..mostly during festivals. ..! not really a big fan of it though...! LOL most people who love puran poli just soke it into milk like
crazy....make it all mushy hahaha....

btw, can anyone tell me some food items which are rich in iron except for
green leafy vegies ? :D

yup...eat it sometimes..mostly during festivals. ..! not really a big fan of it though...! LOL most people who love puran poli just soke it into milk like
crazy....make it all mushy hahaha....

btw, can anyone tell me some food items which are rich in iron except for
green leafy vegies ? :D
Me too. I m also not a Puran Poli lover but it is a specialty of Maharashtrian food.

How about some Maharashtrian snacks like

Pohe, Upma, Shira etc. especially Batata Wada yum...

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread