Feedback for next edition thread - You must read the first post before replying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-Get the player career mode fixed (Dynamic line ups, retirements and regens, more tours and competitions etc.)

-Sort the stats out (more stats have them acumulate over a tournament, fix the career mode stats)

-Link stats to cricinfo (dont know how easy that would be but would be great to have this and we would lots of highest partnerships and stuff be added easy)

-Better HUD (more cut scenes, nicer looking menus, stat pop ups during games etc.)

-Team career mode (just a basic international mode)

-AI fixed in batting.

-More batting shots and be able to hit the gap easier.

-Better graphics

-FIX THE WEATHER

Will add more later...

-More Stats like partnership,world records(previous records in game when one reaches close it) should be shown during cut scenes .when a record is broken commentators should mention it.
-better fielding animations
-Top edged animations(example.batsman trying pull/hook it and mistimes it ,goes up in the air and closing fieldsman taking it) which are missing in DB14.
-would be great if players reaction in pavilion is shown like nervous reaction when match is too close,Captain calling batsman after declaring in a test match(now a days it is common in all sport games like fifa,nba,mlb).
-better graphics.
-better animations
-Professional commentators. Commentary should not be repetitive often.

Bearing in mind I'm playing this on 360 so haven't experienced changes since last console patch:

Gameplay
I'd like to see pulling down on the RAS without trigger input become a defensive block. This would make it easier to defend reactively. The RT could then be used for more bunt/deflection type shots.
* Regardless of the above I think the overpowered late cut currently played by pulling down on the RAS (and much favoured by the AI!) should either be removed or at least turned into more of a deflection.
* I think bowling would be more challenging if pressing straight up on the RAS when releasing the ball produced a delivery which went straight (i.e. parallel with the edge of the cut strip) from the point of release. Bowling at the stumps would then be much trickier, especially when wide on the crease.
* AI needs to bowl less at stumps/down leg.
* Playing straight (in the 'V') should be less of a risk and playing across the line needs to be more risky, especially off the front foot.
* Wicket keepers should be stood further back for fast and fast-med bowlers. Throwing accuracy with gloves on should also be reduced.
* More AI edges.
* Improved AI batting against spin.
* Much more rain (especially in England).
* Ability to choose a guard as opposed to shuffling around the crease.

Career
* Realistic calendar (i.e. dates as opposed to rounds)
* Player progression and dynamic team selection
* It would be good if you had to build your rep a bit before getting your preferred role. I.e. a 16 year old opener might start at 5 or 6 before moving up or a young fast bowler might start 2nd change before earning the right to take the new ball.
* More reward for winning games/tournaments as opposed to just progressing based on your own personal performance.
* Better stat tracking i.e. modes of dismissal, records against certain teams at International level.
* Built in records (scores/partnerships/totals etc) for each team that you can break during your career.

Other
* Would love to see a management career mode, or at least to set up a season of cricket in the tour/tournament creator (i.e have 4-day league, pro-40 and T20 running concurrently.
* More grounds (perhaps even the ability to design our own?)
* Better scorecards during the game: Seperation of bowling / batting stats, SR, 4s, 6s, Econ etc.

- Better skills and attributes editor .

- Further limitation of the points available to use for editing attributes and skills ( we must sacrifice one to improve another ) and the editing should impact the players more .

- Only Career player should get all skills and attributes maxed and that too must be improved by his performances in career mode and he should be available for online matches with the locked skills which he is improving through the career mode . His stats on career and online mode must be made available and shown in short display while coming to bat or bowl .

- If possible redo the medium and spin bowling and make it closer to real world and also reduce the speed variation between fast and slower delivery .

- Better fielding mechanism .

- Player’s connection strength should be displayed along with their ping so that one can avoid playing or get it fixed .

- Selection of top five bowlers should be made available at team selection screen and/or in academy.

- Better field positioning according to their attributes and an option to swap players with mouse/controller .

- There should be more shots that can pierce fielders on either side especially on offside through covers ( mid off , cover , extra cover stopping nearly 90% shots that too timed well )

- Perfectly timed shots should be misfielded if the fielder’s fielding attributes are a little low .

- All kinds of statistics player vs player ( real world ) , highest team scores , highest individual score , quickest to reach , best performances , form along with recent scores & fatigue( career manager mode) , best partnerships , stumping , catches , run outs , sixes , fours etc

- In game option to download mods created by users ( if it won’t violate anything )

- Entirely different risky footwork animations for tail enders and it should change if they lasted for a while and grown in confidence .

- Better rewards for genuine batsman (timing) or bowler ( edge drawing or deceiving bat/lbw probability )

-More bowling animations to choose from.
-Coach/manager career mode.
-Dynamic team selection in career, with regenerated players once a player retires.
-Adding the ability to select the opening bowlers.
-More noticeable difference in skill between good batsmen and tail enders.
-Stadium designer/more stadiums.
-Make defensive shots easier to play e.g. not having to press a button (R2 , RT etc.) to play the shot.
-Ability to let the WK stand up to the stumps for medium pace.
-More realistic D/L and weather.
-Ability to control the speed for spinners, like fast bowlers.
-Batsman taking his helmet off when celebrating for a ton.
-More cut scenes, e.g. when a batsman is walking off the field when he is dismissed.
-Realistic AI batting, particularly in limited overs matches.
-Make it easier to hit fours with the sweep shot, and add slog sweeps.
-Realistic conditions for each ground/region, e.g. more swing in England, more bounce in Australia, flat pitches in India.
-Less drift for spinners.
-Tournaments in career, e.g. World Cup.
-Dynamic batting order in player career, e.g. being able to play in different positions in different formats.
-Bat size proportional to player.
-Broader commentary.

Below are my suggestions for the improvement of game and new features to be required .

1- Fielders are very Lazy need improvement in fielders .
2- There should also per team per fielder attributes of AI also , SA Players are best fielders and Pakistan players are worst fielders,
3- Fielders ranking Point also .
4- Fielders confidence meter ,
5- Real and new animations for fielders as two fielders chasing and throwing the bowl.
6- complete 360 Angle Shots .
7- Need Improvement on commentary , dynamic commentary and tells on game stats of the player.
8- some solution of pre determine shots , as colors on ball bit earlier to get th time to think if the ball is short pitch or not and ready for shots.
9- More and More stats and compare to historical stats of Real legend.
10- Man of the series

I'm going to revisit this when I get patch3 (console scum).
  • Increase the turn from spinners
  • Rewarding good bouncers - I was excited to try to bowl like uberMitch Johnson, but they never trouble the batsman
  • Make it possible to 'streamline' the experience in career mode
    • I should be able to customise the cut-scenes I see or skip a lot more of them - my ideal (sometimes) would be to have just a second or two between deliveries.
    • Be able to skip all fielding, or set it so that it always 'skips to career player' at the start of matches/between bowling overs/after batting dismissal
    • As an all-rounder, I sometimes wanted to turn off bowling and just skip to my next bat - maybe an option to tell the captain you can't bowl today...
    • ...or the opposite - an option to ask for a bowl
  • I'd like to see some more dynamic stats on screen in career mode
    • show this season's stats instead of career stats
    • show performances against this team in the past
    • head to head history for individual bowlers
    • notifications like 'has passed 1000 runs for the season', '5th century of the season', '100th boundary', 'now ranked 4th in leading run scorers', etc
  • Classic matches/scenario a la Shane Warne Cricket 99
    • Could be set via the Academy - shared, voted upon and with leaderboards
    • Could be tied into current events - licensing issues aside, it would have been awesome to have scenarios linked to the World Cup as they occurred
  • More interesting achievements
    • e.g. beat Bradman's 334 instead of generic 'score triple century'
    • 500 catches was too many - if you play mostly career you won't get near that.
    • 800 wickets/16000 runs matches Murali/Tendulkar's test records approximately. 200 catches would be in line with that (Dravid had 210)

Last edited:
I’m going to assume gameplay will have improvements, tweaks and that most of them have already been highlighted. So mostly this is other things:

In game
  • More variation with the cut scenes. Not the panning shots of the ground. Batsmen doing things, crowd shots, birds on the field of play or the most common site nowadays 12th men running on with drinks at the end of every over.
  • Just better commentary - not concerned about having big money stars… although country specific commentators would be cool.
  • Better sight screens (higher or wider) I find it can be difficult to see the red ball (with no indicators) on some grounds.
  • Pitch/weather info (when set to random) before picking XI.
Career mode
  • Custom career setups (be able to play a career with your own custom comps).
  • International only career mode.
  • Injuries to player.
Tours/Competitions
  • Play through a custom ‘tour programme’ with a country over 5-10 years (or however many tours is set up).
Player creation
  • Be able to set a player role ‘batsmen, all rounder, WK, bowler’ etc - use this instead of helmet ratings too when selecting a bowler
  • Remove attributes/points - replace with ‘Poor, Good, Very Good, World class’; this could then in turn change in relation to difficulty levels. (This and previous would be connected with the player creation suggestion someone else mentioned, below)
  • Set a preferred batting position
  • Bowler types - like the batsmen already have
  • Auto career stat updates - Long shot, without licenses, but would be nice if they were linked to something like cricinfo and updated every now and then.
  • The surname ‘Oakley’ added to the audio options. May only be me interested in that one.
  • Female players?
  • Search for players in Academy by ‘nationality’
  • Be able to ‘find duplicates’
  • Remove players from teams through player search - rather than having to go into team editing
  • Reset earned stats
Teams
  • Team mentalities - to provide variation in how teams attack with the bat and bowl
  • Be able to set ‘highest’ level for international teams: ‘Test’, ‘ODI’, ‘T20i’ and ‘Associate’. So that stats are recorded appropriately (i.e. Afghanistan only have first class stats and not test stats)
Things other people have mentioned:
  • Career mode - Season Mode (team career mode) - to be able to play as one team. Maybe to
  • In game - Few more variations on bowling actions
  • Career mode - International tournaments in career mode
  • In game - Speed and flight control for spinners...Having no no-ball for spinners is fine
  • In game - Ability to chase official records. Share online and allow other players to try try and beat. Always nice to try and better oneself.
  • Player creation - when creating a player, instead of points assigned determining helmet rating it should be like this: choose a player level: club cricketer, amateur, journeyman, professional, international, international star, legend
  • In game - Allow us to celebrate wickets as bowlers by letting us control where the bowler runs and having specific celebrations prompted by pressing certain combinations of buttons.
  • In game - Player removes helmet against spin, keeper wears helmet when standing up.
  • Career mode - Better dynamic line up changes, players bein dropped/promoted, Regens and retirements.

I have few complaints mainly regarding career mode and ai fielding

CAREER mode

Imaging how u will feel when someone like cheteshwar pujara or kaushal silva will score (60)balls 100 (145)balls 200 in test matches.

And not only that if u see sometimes whole team will reach 400 in 60 over 500 in 80 overs which is unrealistic and terrible.

Tail enders should bat like tail enders not like no3 players

Agressive fielding from ai

Team rankings and player rankings

Player editing

Line up editing

world t20

Champion trophy top (8) team

World cup with associate teams like
(ireland) (scotland) etc.

Individial team and player records

More away and realistic tours

Matches should held in different stadiums.

Different croud reactions in differents places.for example sri lanka u will find lots of noise and (pungi) and on the other hand places like (aus) (eng) croud usually applause with (claps).

IN ACADEMY

Please add more stadium or stadium creator will be fine.

Last edited:
  • make spin bowling more simple and interesting
  • dynamic career with players coming in and going
  • more bowling and batting animations
  • more effect of pitch and weather on the match and playing conditions

For Career Mode

Be able to modify your side and change current team lineup after career mode started

Change of grounds and referee for each match or match type.

Commentary to be less generic and more specific.

• Just like in other sports game, when it’s a semi-final or final match - the commentator specifies this.
  • Commentator calls the side who wins by name and not just the fielding side or batting side.
  • Call players by their name
  • Able to use in-game graph comparison during match from the menu screen. (eg team vs team runs camparison.)

All these have probably been suggested but...

I have been playing nba2k13 a bit lately and I think 2k have got the career mode perfect. So here we go.

1. Mock Social media platform - I expect people going on facebook saying that I should be called up dropped kinda like replacing Watson at three kind've stuff.
2. I want to be able to sit in dressing rooms not watching the tv view of the action when I'm not out in the middle. (would be cool also if I could go out back and hit a few balls)
3. Goddammit, with me opening the innings and averaging 10 I should've been dropped by now.
4. MCG (or Melbourne Stadium I think it is) should be empty on shield games.
5. Move clubs, sponsorships, pay cheques etc. Also is there any point of the ranking system, make it money or allocatable skill points
6. Atmosphere - Its just so meh how the crowds reacts. Its either talk or cheer. Where is the pumping the bowler in the ball after he got the wicket.
7. Fast Bowling Career is so boring. I want to see real aggression, real pace, mind games.
8. Get Aus domestic licence (Can't be that expensive)
9. How the hell did you end up with the current player movements. Wouldn't mind seeing some motion capture.
10. To elaborate on the last point, why is it in cricket games there is only one style, should be at least 5 different bowling actions from Malinga to Hazlewood.

There is so much else too but not coming to mind. DBC 2 Has the potential to be the best sports game of all time (and don't use the no money excuse, its doesn't affect how you design the game, only licences) the platform is great but the potential is massive.

BTW people play FIFA not because its not a niche market but because its a good game, in fact they manage to get people who don't even like football to start liking it. If the next DBC was a good game, chances are people who aren't cricket fans would buy it.

All the best for the next game, Even if none of this is implemented, ill be preordering anyway. Here's to the only cricket game.

Also it needs competition, someone convince Mike Fegan to have another crack...

-----Career Mode-----
1)Auctions for domestic leagues like IPL, BBL etc
2)Introduce currency to allow us to buy different things i.e Bats, Accessories and some other things maybe which perhaps could give a small boost to our stats for examples shoes for running and all
3)For God's sake please, International competitions i.e World cup, champs trophy and there are countless others and this is really important as it just takes fun out of game when you become captain of international and there are all series and all
4)National anthems pre-world cup matches
5)Form & Ratings: a Player should have a form like if he hasnt played well in some matches his form should drop and vice versa and based on it, ratings can be shown along with stats of a player
6)Evolution, with this i mean random computer generated young players coming in internationals replacing old ones and also automatic batting order changes depending upon the form of players which opens the possibility of us being dropped from the team as well
7)Rivalries: Add some rivalries, eg Ind vs Pak, Eng vs Aus etc and then the teams would play better and the matches would be tougher etc.
8)Player Emotions: This really has to be added as player emotions certainly effect his play. For example if he is hit for some sixes he would make mistakes or angry and like in last overs he could be under pressure and make mistakes and all and also home ground advantage and all
9)Sledging (Not really a problem if not added): It could maybe be added and effect player emotions as well?
10) Practice matches with our own team maybe?
11) Awards for example Player of the year or incase of highest scorer/wicket taker of a league etc
12) Injuries for both batsman and bowler
-----General----
1) Commentatory: Better phrases and less repitition, also the name of commentators should be shown in the start of the match so
2)Crowd: always when i see the crowd it looks like they are just lazy and sleepy people :P please make improvements to it and also some of the crowd could be wearing home team dresses to cheer up
3)Stadium Creator: So that even if u cannot make due to licenses our respected modders could ;)
4)Some birds on the ground occasionally maybe
5) Some more bowling actions perhaps?
6) I really think there are just 6-7 of the bowling speeds as i really see exact bowling speeds repeating in the hud too often so i guess you could make it better?
7) Better support for overlays with not just one type of template but different like score on top etc

That's all for now and if these are added to the game i really think it will be a heaven for the Cricket Gamers out there. Also I know it is not easy to develop all the things but if you develop it I would really appreciate
Thank You Bigant studios for the game and super excited for the next iteration of it
Cheers
Paras

Last edited:
I found the game too awesome already so i just got 2 suggestions

1) Like WWE 2K games allow us to upload the pics of our own logos to your servers through a web browser and later we can download those logos in the game to use on kits, that will fulfill the original sponsor and team emblem requirement.
And i think that won't be difficult for you guys coz you have already enabled us to download players through your servers so logos can also be downloaded.

2) Secondly this game only lacked in one thing and that was the custscenes/ animations
Like if the batsman got hurt by a bouncer, he'd not react in this game so there should be some animations where he reacts in pain. And there can be many other animations too like the batsman checks the pitch when he has just walked in or the bowler shows grief after a batsman hits him a boundary. And there should be better celebrations. All this will make the game more realistic.

The below mentioned points are all with respect to career mode.
  • When batsman comes out to play, it would be nice if the video shows the batsmen coming out of the pavilion ( need not show other players, but just an empty dressing room or something like that) and as he comes down the steps, out of the dressing room while walking towards the ground, he passes through the crowds (in the stands) beside him and when he walks forward, his range of view of stadium increases slowly with each step and then he comes into the ground. Currently, the video/clip shows only the batsmen walking from the middle of the ground. If not for domestic cricket, atleast for international level, this would be nice.
  • As others mentioned, these below points SHOULD be included.
  1. Tri series, World cups, Champions trophy and other tournaments in career mode. Only bi-lateral series will be boring.
  2. A separate tab to see the stats of current season should be implemented. Currently, overall stats is available.
  3. Stats showing highest run scorer, Most wickets in the current season/series should be included.
  4. Emotions of a bowler when he gets wicket or gets hit for six should be shown.
  5. Crowd and Commentary should be improved. More dialogues for commentator at relevant times. ex-When I scored a century in domestic cricket, commentator said "this is his maiden international hundred" and many more instances of these kind should be fixed/improved. Coming to the crowd, during international match, there should be people with respective flags supporting the team. And less crowds or zero crowds for domestic test matches. And crowd screaming their home team name should be made. If India is playing a match in India, the crowd should scream "India". Currently, crowds look the same now with same reaction. It should be made more realistic.
  • When batsman scores 100, 200... he should remove helmet and celebrate more. Like a jump or looking st the sky. Currently, for 50,100,150,200 the reactions are pretty much same.
  • Being a captain, I should be able to change the batting order, or change the playing 11. Currently, only bowling change and toss is being controlled.
  • This point might be difficult to implement, but here it is anyway. And, I am telling this point with the example of Indian team. If we can play in career mode for 20 years ( 16-36), then, let the career begin from 2000 and end in 2020 with the same tours India had in these 20 years in the same order.
    1. For example- Australia toured India from February to April 2001 for a three Test series and a five match ODI series. Then, some other country toured India, or India toured some other country. So, it would be nice to include this feature to career mode starting from the timeline of 2000 till the 2020 ( planned tours in 2016,2017,etc). Like recreating these events.
    2. Then, in 2000s Ganguly, Dravid, Sachin, Kumble, Laxman were main players for India. So, include them in the career team rather than playing with current generation the whole time. ganguly retired in 2008, so introduce new player in 2008 instead of Ganguly in the team. Like, Kohli, or someone who made an entry. You can implement this only for main players. Like ex- Ganguly, Sachin, Dravid, Laxman, Kumble, Z.Khan, Sehwag, H.Singh, Y.Singh. And Dravid and Laxman retired in 2012. So, include Raina, Rohit Sharma, Rahane, Dhawan or someone during this period.
    3. And, when these players retire, show their real stats explicitly in the screen and include a particular video ( a short video is good too) of their key moments they had in their career. ( Like how they showed Ashes video in Cricket07 before each Ashes match)
  • Add presentation ceremony after each match. Atleast show some guest giving just the MOM trophy and cheque to the player. If career players wins the MOM, show it from his angle. Like he is taking the trophy and posing for photo. And at the end of series, MOS trophy and a gift like Car or Bike or something. Currently, only thing present is, at the end of series, if a particular team wins the series, they hold trophy.
  • AI bowler bowls very few wides and no-balls. Just increase the rate of it.
  • Last 10 innings stats in a separate tab.
  • If my career player is India and if India is touring Australia, make the matches little bit difficult for me as I am in an away match. Like, if I am batsman, the bowler should bowl to me with more pace. Similarly, if I am from S.Africa and I am touring India, balls should spin more when I am batting. Home condition=advantage. Away condition=difficult.
  • In game points should be awarded for achievements like if player scores 50, 100, or 6 sixes in an over or when he gets MOM award. Then with these points, the career player can improve his stats or buy new bats, etc.
I know these things are very difficult to implement, but just posted this as these things sounds good and will be very nice if they are included. Saying all of the above things, I must admit, this is the best cricket game to be ever made. Thank you! :D

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread