{FFX} The Red, White and Blue

OffCutters

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
WB.jpg

200px-Western_Bulldogs_SVG.png

Rodney Eade wants out, Troy Lerana comes in

Rodney Eade announced his shock retirement from coaching just this afternoon.

'I`ve been coaching for awhile, I believe I`ve done enough for the club and i need a break from everything,' announced Eade during his press conference.

The Manager of the Bulldogs announced to the media that Rodney had made his decision earlier in the week and that they have already found a suitable replacement for the senior coaching job. Unexperienced, young Troy Lerana will be the Bulldog`s coach for 2009 at the young age of 29.

'I dont think it matters how old or how young you are, its how you do the job. I`m very confident to lead the club to September glory this year, and I`m looking forward to coaching this very talented side.' said Lerana when being interviewed by afl.com.au.

Bulldogs fans are very excited about Lerana, and heres what some of them had to say about him.

'Yeah mate, he may be young, but i reckon he`s capable of doing the job and i cant wait to see how he goes, who knows, we might achieve our 2nd premiership!' said an excited fan from Footscray.

'He`s not gonna do as good of a job as Rodney, but i reckon he can still do the job, and hey Lerana, give us a premiership or get out mate.' said a fan from Flemington.

2009 Western Bulldogs Player List

1. Addison, Dylan
2. Akermanis, Jason
3. Boumann, Jarrad
4. Boyd, Matthew
5. Callan, Tim
6. Cooney, Adam
7. Cordy, Ayce
8. Cross, Daniel
9. Eagleton, Nathan
10. Everitt, Andrejs
11. Giansiracusa, Daniel
12. Gilbee, Lindsay
13. Grant, Jarrad
14. Griffen, Ryan
15. Hahn, Mitchell
16. Harbrow, Jarrod
17. Hargrave, Ryan
18. Higgins, Shaun
19. Hill, Josh
20. Hudson, Ben
21. Johnson, Brad
22. Jones, Liam
23. Lake, Brian
24. Lynch, Malcolm
25. Minson, Will
26. Morris, Dale
27. Murphy, Robert
28. O'Keefe, Guy
29. O'Shea, Paul
30. Reid, Sam
31. Roughead, Jordan
32. Skipper, Wayde
33. Stack, Brennan
34. Tiller, Stephen
35. Ward, Callan
36. Welsh, Scott
37. Wight, Cameron
38. Williams, Tom
39. Wood, Easton
---------------------------
Coach-Troy Lerana
Captain-Brad Johnson

OffCutters

International Coach
Nah mate, I`m stopping the tigers one, I`m sort of experimenting with different teams, Like i didnt like using richmond, hence the stoppage.

OffCutters

International Coach
nabcuplogo.jpg

200px-Western_Bulldogs_SVG.png
v
essendon2ly5.jpg

Venue: Etihad Stadium
----------------------------------------------
Bulldogs-$2.00

Bombers-$1.70

TV Coverage:
onehd.jpg

Western Bulldogs NAB CUP Week 1 Line-Up

FB-Hargrave-Lake-Gilbee
B-Eagleton-Hahn-Morris
C-Giansiracusa-Cross-Boyd
HF-Harbrow-Murphy-Johnson(C)
FF-Hill-Minson-Akermanis
R-Hudson-Cooney-Griffen
Int-Higgins-Everitt-Ward-Welsh

Essendon Bombers NAB CUP Week 1 Line-Up

FB-Neagle-Ryder-Slattery
B-Nash-Fletcher-Welsh
C-Davey-McVeigh-Houli
HF-Lovett-Murray-McPhee-Dyson
FF-Winderlich-Lloyd(C)-Lovett
R-Hille-Stanton-Monfries
Int-Prismall-Lucas-Watson-Pears​

Key Match-Ups

Brian Lake v Matthew Lloyd- It will be interesting to see how one of the best full-backs in the world go up against one of Essendon`s all-time best forwards. Lake is known to step up on the ocassion whilst Lloyd is known to kick a bagful when he is at his best.

Lake_246.jpg
V
matthew_lloyd0.jpg

Adam Cooney v Brent Stanton- It will be good to see the 2008 Brownlow Medalist strut his stuff against one of Essendon`s elite midfielders. They are both very good players for their respective teams. Cooney will be looking to continue on his 2008 Brownlow form and set his pre-season to a good start.

Rd07_CooneySwans_246.jpg
V
470953_1_M.jpg

OffCutters

International Coach
WB.jpg

nabcuplogo.jpg

onehd.jpg

----------------------------------------​

Pre-Match
Welcome back to ONE HD`s coverage of Saturday Afternoon Football at Etihad Stadium where the Bulldogs and Bombers clash. I`m Mark Howard and here we have the Western Bulldogs' new coach, Troy Lerana.

MH-'What are your goals for the pre-season mate?'

TL- 'Well, obviously just getting a good enough pre-season to get us prepared for the actual season,Howie.'

MH-'Are you feeling nervous at all? Because its obviously your senior coaching debut.'

TL-'Yeah definitely mate, but i`m excited at the same time and cant wait to just step into that coaches box.
'
MH-'I`ll leave you to it mate, thanks for talking to us, good luck.'

TL-'Cheers mate.'

Thats it from me, theres the siren, so to the people watching at home, sit back and relax, and get ready for a good game of footy.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

First Quarter
Welcome back to Etihad Stadium as the Bombers lead the Bulldogs by 6 points. It is a low-scoring affair as the scores are 14 - 8, and new coach Troy Lerana will be quite pleased with his side. The Bulldogs' full-back Brian Lake is simply dominating the backline with 9 disposals and shut down gun forward Matthew Lloyd, with Lloyd only having 2 disposals and 1 goal. Daniel Giansiracusa has also been good for the Bulldogs with 6 disposals and a brilliant goal from 55m out. Andrew Welsh , Jason Winderlich and Ricky Dyson dominated the quarter for Essendon, with all three of them getting 10 posessions each .Daniel Giansiracusa scored the only goal from the Bulldogs while Scott Lucas and Matthew Lloyd both kicked just the one goal.Thats it from us as the siren goes, let`s get ready for another exciting quarter of Saturday Afternoon Football.

Western Bulldogs:

Goal-kickers-D.Giansiracusa-1

Top Disposals-B.Lake-9 disposals,R.Griffen-7 disposals, L.Gilbee-7 disposals, D.Giansiracusa-6 disposals, A.Everitt-6 disposals

Best-B.Lake,D.Giansiracusa,A.Everitt,L.Gilbee,R.Griffen,N.Eagleton

Lake_Rd1009_246a.jpg

(Brian Lake is dominating the back-line with 9 posessions)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Essendon:

Goal-kickers-S.Lucas-1, M.Lloyd-1

Top Disposals- A.Welsh-10 disposals, R.Dyson-10 disposals, J.Winderlich- 10 disposals, B.Houli-9 disposals, D.Fletcher-7 disposals

Best- A.Welsh,J.Winderlich,S.Lucas,R.Dyson,D.Hille,D.Fletcher

470705_1_M.jpg

(Andrew Welsh in action during his 10-disposal first quarter)

Western Bulldogs-1.2-8
Essendon-2.2-14

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Second Quarter

Well, its another low-scoring quarter for both sides, with the Bulldogs lead the Bombers by 5 points. The Bombers didnt score a goal, and scored 4 measly points.Brian Lake continued his brilliance in defence, whilst Lindsay Gilbee also having a blinder for the Bulldogs. 23-year-old Ricky Dyson is having an absolute ripper for the Bombers, touching the Sherrin 22 times in the 1st half, whilst team-mate Andrew Welsh is going well with 16 disposals under his belt.Mitchell Hahn and Robert Murphy were the only ones from the Bulldogs to score a goal. The 2008 Brownlow Medalist doesnt look like one at the moment, he only has 5 posessions so far, and he didnt touch the ball once in the 2nd quarter, Lerana wont be too impressed with how he is going, and will be giving him a mouthful at the half-time break.As we said before, Lindsay Gilbee is doing very well, with 17 touches and 8 marks, and has also shut down his opponent in Angus Monfries, who has not touched the ball once so far, Lerana will be pleased with his two reliable backmen. Thats it for the half-time report from us, and stay tuned as after the break, the action from Etihad Stadium continues with the Western Bulldogs versing the Bombers in the 1st Round of the NAB Cup.

Western Bulldogs-

Goal-kickers- R.Murphy-1, M.Hahn-1, D.Giansiracusa-1

Top Disposals-B.Lake-19 disposals, L.Gilbee-17 disposals, D.Giansiracusa-13 disposals, S.Higgins-13 disposals, J.Hill-12 disposals

Best- B.Lake, L.Gilbee, D.Giansiracusa, J.Hill, N.Eagleton, A.Everitt

gilbee_r8a.jpg

(Lindsay Gilbee is starring for the Bulldogs with 17 posessions)

Essendon:

Goal-kickers- M.Lloyd-1, S.Lucas-1

Top Disposals- R.Dyson-22 disposals, A.Welsh-16 disposals, J.Winderlich-15 disposals, A.Davey-12 disposals, D.Fletcher-11 disposals

Best-R.Dyson, A.Welsh, J.Winderlich, D.Hille, S.Lucas, D.Fletcher

wbFOOTYdyson.jpg

(Ricky Dyson is having a blinder with 22 disposals in the 1st half)

1st Half-
Western Bulldogs-3.5- 23
Essendon-2.6- 18

Last edited:

OffCutters

International Coach
WB.jpg

nabcuplogo.jpg

onehd.jpg

----------------------------------------​

Third Quarter

It was a better quarter for both teams, as more goals were put on the board. Just like in the first half, Bomber Andrew Welsh was once again unstoppable, with 26 possessions. Essendon coach Matthew Knights made a very strange decision and put Welsh at full-back for the whole quarter, and dominated the quarter, it just proves how versatile of a player he is. Unlike in the first half, the Bulldogs? full-back Brian Lake seemed to lose his touch, and only touched the footy once for the entire third quarter, he needs to play like he did in the first half to deny his opponent Lloyd to kick more goals. Daniel Giansiracusa is having a blinder for the Bulldogs, getting 22 posessions under his belt, he is one of the Bulldogs? elite players, and his performance so far proves it. Ricky Dyson continues his fantastic performance for the Bombers with 25 posessions, a very high-posession game so far it seems. The coach of the Bulldogs, Troy Lerana, was clearly frustrated when Robert Murphy kicked 3 out-on-the fulls in the 3rd quarter, and started smashing the phone, but he`ll still be pleased with his team`s lead so far. There goes the siren, as we get ready for the final quarter of the match, will Essendon come back or will the Bulldogs stretch their lead? Lets find out.

Western Bulldogs:

Goal-kickers-M.Hahn-2,S.Welsh-1, D.Giansiracusa-1, S.Higgins-1, B.Johnson-1, R.Murphy-1, J.Hill-1

Top Disposals-D.Giansiracusa-22 disposals, B.Lake-20 disposals, N.Eagleton-20 disposals, L.Gilbee-18 disposals, J.Hill-17 disposals

Best-D.Giansiracusa, B.Lake, J.Hill, S.Welsh, L.Gilbee, N.Eagleton

282425ab.jpg

(Daniel Giansiracusa is having a ripper with 22 disposals so far)

Essendon:

Goal-kickers-S.Lucas-2, M.Lloyd-2, B.Stanton-1

Top Disposals- A.Welsh-26 disposals, R.Dyson-25 disposals, J.Winderlich- 20 disposals, A.Davey-16 disposals, D.Fletcher-16 disposals

Best- A.Welsh, R.Dyson, J.Winderlich, S.Lucas, A.Davey, D.Fletcher

jason_winderlich.jpg

(Jason Winderlich has been good with 20 disposals)

3rd Quarter
Western Bulldogs-8.7-55

Essendon-5.6-36-

Fourth Quarter

Well, that?s the end of the match, and the Bulldogs come off with a great start to their pre-season, winning against the Bombers by 19 points. It was a very good match as both teams fought their hearts out for the whole game. Troy Lerana will be relieved that he had a good start to his AFL Senior Coaching career, and will also be very proud of the way his team went about the match. Mitch Hahn was good for the Western Bulldogs in the forward line playing on the flank, with a solid 3 goals. Brian Lake, Lindsay Gilbee, Daniel Cross,Nathan Eagleton and Andrejs Everitt were superb in the backline, whilst Daniel Giansiracusa, Ryan Griffen and Josh Hill were fantastic up at the midfield. For Essendon, who else but Andrew Welsh, he had a great all-round game, and was probably best on ground by far. Alwyn Davey and Jason Winderlich were brilliant for them in the midfield, and Ricky Dyson was superb in the back-line. It was a great match between these two great sides, and we`ll be looking forward to seeing you here on ONE HD as we say goodbye from Etihad Stadium, with the Bulldogs winning against the Bombers by a margin of 19 points in Round 1 of the NAB Cup.

Western Bulldogs:

Goal-kickers-M.Hahn-3,S.Welsh-2, D.Giansiracusa-1, S.Higgins-1, B.Johnson-1, R.Murphy-1, J.Hill-1

Top Disposals-D.Giansiracusa-31 disposals, J.Hill -26 disposals, N.Eagleton-26 disposals, R.Griffen-26 disposals, L.Gilbee-23 disposals

Best-D.Giansiracusa, J.Hill, S.Welsh, N.Eagleton, M.Hahn, L.Gilbee

mitch_hahn.jpg

(Mitch Hahn celebrates one of his 3 goals against Essendon)

Essendon:

Goal-kickers-M.Lloyd-3,S.Lucas-2, A.Davey-2,B.Stanton-1

Top Disposals- A.Welsh-36 disposals, R.Dyson-28 disposals, J.Winderlich- 27 disposals, A.Davey-23, M.McVeigh-21 disposals

Best- A.Welsh, A.Davey, J.Winderlich, R.Dyson, S.Lucas, D.Fletcher

davey_a_pre_a.jpg

(Alwyn Davey starred for Essendon with 23 disposals and 2 goals)

aaDogs_rooms_gallery__470x319.jpg

(The Bulldogs sing the club song after the win)

EssendonvWB.jpg

hedger_14

ICC Chairman
A good win for the WB.
Giansiracusa played a nice game grabbing 31 disposals and a goal. Hahn also played well scoring 3 goals.

Roofrom50

International Coach
Wow i just came across this story, and i have to say, wow. It's well set out, easy to read, and the presentation is looking superb. Good start to the story mate. I am looking forward to this season with the Bulldogs.

OffCutters

International Coach
nabcuplogo.jpg

ROUND 1 NAB CUP RESULTS

West Coast Eagles-89 dftd Collingwood-88

Fremantle-112 dftd Richmond-72

Western Bulldogs-72 dftd Essendon-55

Brisbane-74 dftd by St.Kilda-85

Carlton-104 dftd Nth.Melbourne-59

Hawthorn-67 dftd Melbourne 58

Geelong-88 dftd Adelaide- 49

Sydney-123 dftd Port Adelaide-64

---------------------------------------------------
Tribunal News

Brisbane:Justin Sherman Striking Clinton Jones- GUILTY-OUT 2 GAMES

Port Adelaide: Steven Salopek Rough Play Kieran Jack- GUILTY-OUT 3 GAMES

---------------------------------------------------

NAB CUP PRE-SEASON TREE AFTER WEEK ONE

NABWEek1Tree.jpg

WESTERN BULLDOGS NEXT GAME ( NAB CUP WEEK 2)

Western Bulldogs v St.Kilda @ Etihad Stadium

OffCutters

International Coach
nabcuplogo.jpg

StkvWB.jpg

Venue: Etihad Stadium

-----------------------------------------------

betfair.gif

Betfair Odds
Western Bulldogs: $2.00
St.Kilda: 1.70

TV Coverage:
n1069P_Channel7.jpg

-----------------------------------------------

Western Bulldogs NAB CUP Week 2 Line-Up (NO CHANGES)

FB-Hargrave-Lake-Gilbee
B-Eagleton-Hahn-Morris
C-Giansiracusa-Cross-Boyd
HF-Harbrow-Murphy-Johnson(C)
FF-Hill-Minson-Akermanis
R-Hudson-Cooney-Griffen
Int-Higgins-Everitt-Ward-Welsh

St.Kilda NAB CUP Week 2 Line-Up

B-Hudghton-Fisher-Gram
HB-Blake-Maguire-Ray
C-Hayes-Ball-Montagna
HF-Schneider-Riewoldt(C)-Jones
F-Fiora-Koschitzke-Milne
R-King-Dal Santo-Goddard
Int-Clarke-Dempster-Lynch-McQualter
IN: Jason Blake,Max Hudghton
OUT: Sam Gilbert(Dropped), Steven Baker(Dropped)

It is going to be a ripper this weekend with two teams that finished in the top four last season facing off in Etihad Stadium in the Docklands. Both teams are serious premiership contenders and both are hungry for premiership glory, and what better way to continue your pre-season campaign by knocking off a genuine contender. St.Kilda are favourites for the game according to the odds given to us by our betting sponsor, Betfair. But the Bulldogs are no pushovers and can very well win this match, so this match should be quite evenly matched. It is very interesting to see Sam Gilbert and Steven Baker dropped for the Saints as they are vital players of St.Kilda`s back-line structure, but Jason Blake and Max Hudghton are just as good. The Western Bulldogs will go into this match with an unchanged line-up. Speaking of the Bulldogs, have a look at the interview our very own Leigh Matthews with the coach, Troy Lerana.

Matthews: G`day mate, nice meeting you.I`ll just go straight ahead so, what were your thoughts about the match against the Bombers?

Lerana: G`day Lethal, sure its good to have a win, but i was disappointed with our experienced players like Akermanis, Cooney and Minson. Lets be honest, if you had a look at the match, they were below par, but I give people a second chance and they will have to improve in this weeks match.

Matthews: What, do you think are your chances to win the premiership this season?

Lerana: I`m personally very confident for our side to play footy in September but making the Grand Final is another thing. It`ll be tough, but with a little bit of hard work and commitment, i believe we`re a good chance.

Matthews: Last question mate, plain and simple, will you win this weeks game?

Lerana: I`m very confident that we will but as we all know, the Saints are a quality side and it`s going to be a tough one.

Matthews: Thanks for talking to us mate, all the best for the season

Lerana: Always a pleasure mate.

Well done Leigh for the great interview, but to see the full interview, log on our website www.youranidiotifyouclickthis.com.au. Well, thats it from us, have a good night, and we`re looking forward to seeing you this weekend when the Saints clash with the Bulldogs in Etihad Stadium.

Roofrom50

International Coach
Should be a pretty close game if both teams decided to take the pre season cup seriously. Tip: Saints by 13 points.

Users who are viewing this thread