Fielding preset disaster

param_47470

School Cricketer
It is quite annoying that fielding preset is changing by itself. However, it stay for few overs, but it changes to weird places. If you amagine playing T20 and every ball we have to check if my fielders are in correct places. However it is acceptable until you dont have time limit.(30 sec is not enough).I lost so many matches because of preset that stop playing until it get fixed. I have big list of players , who is not playing because of this annoying bug in fielding preset and also because of limitation.

Last edited:
It is quite annoying that fielding preset is changing by itself. However, it stay for few overs, but it changes to weird places. If you amagine playing T20 and every ball we have to check if my fielders are in correct places. However it is acceptable until you dont have time limit.(30 sec is not enough).I lost so many matches because of preset that stop playing until it get fixed. I have big list of players , who is not playing because of this annoying bug in fielding preset and also because of limitation.
Add me to the list. It gets annoying when we have a plan to place a field and bowl accordingly, but the fielders will stand as per their wish and we can't change them as well.

Also all preset fields in the little mini menu have no more than 2 fielders outside the circle so they are useless outside the start of a game.

And then in the main fielding menu there are like 160 fielding presets which makes it almost impossible to go through them.

Also all preset fields in the little mini menu have no more than 2 fielders outside the circle so they are useless outside the start of a game.

And then in the main fielding menu there are like 160 fielding presets which makes it almost impossible to go through them.

IMO there has to be a way to create "My Field Sets" tab/category so you can add your custom fields and the pre-sets you use often to this category and users should be able to access these fields quickly, say by pressing on touch pad on PS4. The current mechanism of changing and selecting fields is so convoluted that you eventually give up.

I don't have a huge problem with the way of selecting fields. I agree it can be improved but it's a few button presses (D-pad Up -> Select Batsman -> Triangle -> Triangle (then set filter like for example I select Tactic as Defensive after Powerplay overs), Circle (to apply the filter) and you get a list of selectable fields. I can usually do this in a matter of 10 seconds or so, now with practice. My bigger gripe is with the fields not sticking (as mentioned in OP) and not being able to set the field for both batsmen/bowler combination.

I know it's not ideal but does the Academy allow editing/removing default fields? I haven't tried this yet.

Just so you know, you can use "Triangle" button to apply a filter on the fields.

I press up on the D-Pad , then select the current batsman and press triangle.

The on the fielding screen I press up again on the D-Pad , which takes me to my Preset fields , I then press X and then I select my Preset field . Takes about 5 seconds .

BUT

Whenever you actually want to fiddle with your field , then the 30 seconds is not enough .

And obviously the fielders secretly moving out of position , and for you to try and repeat the excercise all the time means eventually your going to be struck with the dreaded 30 second timeout rule .....[DOUBLEPOST=1484238316][/DOUBLEPOST]
I know it's not ideal but does the Academy allow editing/removing default fields? I haven't tried this yet.

Just so you know, you can use "Triangle" button to apply a filter on the fields.

No , you can only copy an existing field , and then start fiddling with it and then save as new.

Yeah, it's a bit annoying when you select death overs and they have 2-3 men around the bat!

Yeah, it's a bit annoying when you select death overs and they have 2-3 men around the bat!

Well the AI itself uses aggressive fields irrespective of the match format and match situation/scenario. T20s and odis have fields with 2 or 3 fielders outside the fielding circle most of the time during non-powerplay overs. AI fields definitely need to be looked at.

I don't have a problem with the way they done it but it keep on changing by itself even if you choose aggressive, attacking or balanced .... even I have noticed that when I set up field for one batsman through own preset ,very next ball the field are not same which you think may change when other side batsman come to bat or next batsman come to bat. I think dbc 14 preset was the best and they should have kept it.

The on the fielding screen I press up again on the D-Pad , which takes me to my Preset fields , I then press X and then I select my Preset field . Takes about 5 seconds .

Thanks. I wasn't aware of that shortcut for user's preset fields.

Does anyone have the problem of setting the field from the preset fields then the field not being set the way you want it and fielders being grouped together leaving big gaps?

Does anyone have the problem of setting the field from the preset fields then the field not being set the way you want it and fielders being grouped together leaving big gaps?
No -- nobody has reported this at all -- its very unusual (Hold up sarcasm sign)

Yeah, have faced something similar. During our co-op sessions, when I set a field 'for all' and then when my brother tries to set his field, the game sets some in-between sort of field for him. To be honest I don't feel it's random, feels more like third field - which is neither of what me or my brother had set but does feel like a combo of both. At times it takes more than 2~3 attempts to get the field right. Definitely a bug.

Users who are viewing this thread