Final: Australia vs New Zealand

piriyanth

International Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Well Done Watto,superb innings.

Now people won't say Ponting is a lucky captain because he won the trophy with his own team full of youngsters(not with the help of players from Steve Waugh's team).

Last edited:

Howsie

Chairman of Selectors
So as well not being able to bat McCullum as also lost the ability to be save behind the stumps, that was his second drop catch in four games and it was a sitter too. I still think the best thing to do is drop him from the team, send him back to domestic cricket and see if he can score some decent runs.

I thought Bond and Mills were outstanding in the first 12 overs, I saw maybe one or two bad balls during that spell, Bond has been really unlucky since coming back.

Congrats to Australia though, they were easily the best team at the CT and they really deserved to win. How good is Watson these days? That's four 100's this year isn't it

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Ever since his move to opener hes become a class act. Just needs to get through the LBW stage early on and from there on he looks good. Certainly can hit a spinner when he wants to although still needs a test from Mendis and Murali to gauge with his spin playing is at.

Selectors took a punt with Siddle but it paid off in the final match, he finally bowled with the control and pace that I have come to know from him. Bracken will find it tough to break back into the side now and it looks like Tait our WC hero won't be breaking into the side unless injury strikes or Lee retires.

Left_Hander

Chairman of Selectors
A very good win from Australia but the end was defiently a little harder then I was expecting. Very good performance from all of the Australians throughout the tournament and well done to Ponting for the MOTS award.

What was with those Champions jackets? It was a nice touch but it sure looked wierd while the Aussies were wearing their cricket gear.

Bluebagger

International Coach
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Champions, again.
Number one, where we belong.
Too easy.

Well Done Watto,superb innings.

Now people won't say Ponting is a lucky captain because he won the trophy with his own team full of youngsters(not with the help of players from Steve Waugh's team).

Steve Waugh inherited the core of that team from Taylor who inherited it from AB.

piriyanth

International Cricketer
I think people are being bit harsh on Mccullum.He's just going through form slump, like all the cricketers do in some part of their careers.

Howsie

Chairman of Selectors
I think people are being bit harsh on Mccullum.He's just going through form slump, like all the cricketers do in some part of their careers.

For me it's not just that he's in a form slump, it's that he doesn't show up when we really need him. I'm pretty much expecting him to smack Bangladesh around this summer and when Australia turns up he'll go missing again.

Anyway one good thing coming out of this final, Kyle Mills has moved to number one in the rankings for the first time in his career. I really did think he was starting to struggle but he had a pretty good tournament in the end.

CG123

Chairman of Selectors

I agree with Howsie, he just fails to show up on the INT stage, in big games and against good quality opposition.

In 35 matches against AUS he averages under 28,
20 matches against IND at under 25,
15 matches against PAK at under 18,
17 matches against SL at under 17,
13 matches against WI at under 24.

In 5+ team tournaments he also averages under 25.

That catch just made me doubt him even more, I felt he did not have the greatest day with the captaincy either making some poor bowling changes.

Why should he be our captain in the first place when he fails to sign a INT contract because he wants to play in the IPL I'll never know.

Before people criticize me for my negativism against him I would just like to say I think he is a player with a lot of potential, he just has a long way to go if he wants to be remembered in my books.

irottev

School Cricketer
Mills is very underrated. Hes one of the best bowlers with the white new ball. Not so great at the death, but good in the middle periods also. He almost always gets a wicket. He hits the deck hard and gets some nic3e shape at times. Just enough to take the edge and beat the bat.

Howsie

Chairman of Selectors
I agree with Howsie, he just fails to show up on the INT stage, in big games and against good quality opposition.

In 35 matches against AUS he averages under 28,
20 matches against IND at under 25,
15 matches against PAK at under 18,
17 matches against SL at under 17,
13 matches against WI at under 24.

In 5+ team tournaments he also averages under 25.

That catch just made me doubt him even more, I felt he did not have the greatest day with the captaincy either making some poor bowling changes.

Why should he be our captain in the first place when he fails to sign a INT contract because he wants to play in the IPL I'll never know.

Before people criticize me for my negativism against him I would just like to say I think he is a player with a lot of potential, he just has a long way to go if he wants to be remembered in my books.

People have been saying that for close to 10 years now, he should be starting to perform now that he's 28.

Users who are viewing this thread