final decision

tjh1989

International Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
After reading all reviews of cricket 2005 and i have finally decided that i will not be buying cricket 2005 but BLIC instead. I was going to buy Cric 2005 but it just seems that when EA heard the release of BLIC they changed the release of what at first was going to be Cric 2006 to a year earlier which therefore would suggest a buggy game and therefore has persuaded me to chose BLIC.
Furthermore after playing the demo of Cricket 2005 it plays and looks exactly the same apart from better graphics as cricket 2005 so i couldn't see why i should waste ?30.00 on buying it therefore it seems obvious that i should buy BLIC since its a new game from a different developer and i can vaguly remember their first game which was briilliant. Moreover the reviews and pics and videos have all shown a game which is not cartoony and looks very realistc.
So i am going to buy BLIC and maybe if i get bored of it CRIC 2005. So what do you think and what are you doing.

tjh1989 said:
. I was going to buy Cric 2005 but it just seems that when EA heard the release of BLIC they changed the release of what at first was going to be Cric 2006 to a year earlier which therefore would suggest a buggy game and therefore has persuaded me to chose BLIC.

you could argue that from the demo BLIC has been a bit rushed, in time for the ashes. I'm hopeful the demo was from the earlier stages of BLIC being developed..

You recognized it right mate. BLIC is surely going to be much better in all departments. Just hope that it unveals much more in the full version. Still 3 weeks.................. cant wait !!!

Gotta say the catch marker is really really innovative, I mean I havent eve seen this in baseball video games, though the concept was there, I would like to take it a strep further in the next version, include ball vectors (MVP 2005) and fileder markers and the place where a ball lands (MVP 2005)

y would you wanna buy blic instead of cricket 05. I hope u all have fun playin a game with graphics that look like a cartoon cricket game. will be fun also being able to play your front and back foot shots. oh wait i forgot u cant do that on blic. oh well if u cant choose back or front foot then i guess it will be an easy game, as there is no chance of u misjuging the length and playing the wrong footed shot. i almost forgot what do u see in real life when batsmen face spinners. yeh thats right u all guessed it, they advance down the wicket to stop the spin. can u do that on blic. if u want to play an unrealistic game then fine go buy blic.

Fair comment regarding the advance shot, but it was so poorly implemented in cricket 2004 and made it easy to hit very ball for 6, this is what essentially ruined the game for me and I have no reason to believe that it will be any different in cricket 2005.

willv88 said:
y would you wanna buy blic instead of cricket 05. I hope u all have fun playin a game with graphics that look like a cartoon cricket game. will be fun also being able to play your front and back foot shots. oh wait i forgot u cant do that on blic. oh well if u cant choose back or front foot then i guess it will be an easy game, as there is no chance of u misjuging the length and playing the wrong footed shot. i almost forgot what do u see in real life when batsmen face spinners. yeh thats right u all guessed it, they advance down the wicket to stop the spin. can u do that on blic. if u want to play an unrealistic game then fine go buy blic.

hey man i did not know crappit 2005 has human being playing instead of animated characters which is in ur word cartoons right./.? so u r happy playing crappit 2005 which looks like bunch of robots running all around .???..and o i forgot there is no save games right...hehehe..so u have to switch on ur computer for few days to finish one test match i think..u like it dude???i dont know how u can like a game which dont have the most basic feature which is a save game option......god bless ya

steppie said:
hey man i did not know crappit 2005 has human being playing instead of animated characters which is in ur word cartoons right./.? so u r happy playing crappit 2005 which looks like bunch of robots running all around .???..and o i forgot there is no save games right...hehehe..so u have to switch on ur computer for few days to finish one test match i think..u like it dude???i dont know how u can like a game which dont have the most basic feature which is a save game option......god bless ya

only the xbox has no save feature. so shut up. blic is missing basic elements of cricket. i'm sure children are taught from 5 years or so who are interested in batting that they must move their feet! blic has this?NO! does blic have an advance shot? NO! the bowlers can also swing the ball like if they control it with their mind! is this realistic no! blic is the most unrealistic cricket game i've seen in a while!!!!!!! it is not a sim! just an arcade. can batsmen hit sixes off practically every ball! also wides are so fake! the ball can be very wide in blic and wouldnt be called a wide. even on the legside. blic is crap. cricket 2005 is better. cricket 2005 is a simulation. i am going with ea. i am sure i will be flamed but i know after both games are out people who are dissing ea will change their minds. i'll have to tell them i told them so.

steppie get your facts right. it is only the xbox version u cant save it on, so really i dont care what u just said as i have a ps2. so get your facts right before you open your mouth.

Guyz calm down a bit. These are just games and you dont need to hype yourselves. Everyone has his own taste so let the ppl decide for themselves rather than making them do something. But must say after getting huge 3 attempts EA should have made a complete cricket sim but it isn't so. Certainly BLIC has provided EA with good competition so they will pay more attention to even minor things the next time round !!! I certainly hope so

You've chosen the good choice. Crickt 2005 is made over from cricket 2004. Just Graphics and Animination improved that's it. BLIC is the best choice and has more features and game modes than cricket 2005.

Users who are viewing this thread