final league positions

ste_mc_efc

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
6th (as i predicted in my league sledging earlier in the season)

got a qualifier, could be worse, team finished 5th got a tougher team (i think)

i really want to stay up, my league is great, 3 others are jsut as active as me in sledging (eng+league) although 1 is promoting so it might not be as fun next season they are really helpful,

anyone get promoted?relegated got a qualifier to play first, narrowly misse dout on 1st or 6th?

someone on here must have had a tense final over

RabbleRouser

Club Cricketer
I came 4th on Run rate. I easily beat the teams below me, but against the teams above I got absolutely hammered. I got skittled for 151 today against the league leaders, the difference between our sides is just far too big to close quickly.

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
I came in second - on NRR. The only team capable of challenging me was the one above me, and even then, we are 2-2 in games played against each other.
Beh, did well, but really would have liked to promote.

FreddieFan

International Coach
1st, won every match and a NRR of 37 or so. But it wasn't a particularly difficult league, so next year will no doubt bring me back down to earth with a bump.

Briggsey

International Coach
Finished 2nd, 4 points behind the gipsies who won there game by 1 run today! If he would have lost that game I would have finished top because my NRR was 45 and his was only 37 so gutted!

Never mind though, still another pleasing season behind me.

Brett_Lee

International Coach
I finished 5th in my league. What happnes to finishers in all positions?

ste_mc_efc

Chairman of Selectors
1st autopromotes if the NRR is high enough, if not plays against a team that finished 5th or 6th in the level above to take their place in the higher level

2nd sod all really
3rd " " " "
4th" " " "
5th plays a survivial qualifier
6th " " " "
7th+8th auto- relegate

Brett_Lee

International Coach
What is the cup? I heard about this cup thing? is it the qualifiers etc?

ste_mc_efc

Chairman of Selectors
no the cup is a knockout comp playe don a sundays (you play friendlies there after you get knocked out)

i think in the larger countries some teams nar the lower end of the scale dont get to play, but im not too sure

sid_19840

International Coach
I finished 3rd in my league,not bad when you consider that I took over at mid-season with a weakish team at 4th spot.The problem I have for next season is rebuilding my squad after losing out my best players,albeit for a good profit.My aim next season is to be a contender for promotion in the OD League,and I'll see what my FC league is like.I think the OD league next season is going to be a 2 or 3 horse race between me,the team which came 2nd in the league and maybe one of the team that drops from Div 3.

zainawan89

International Cricketer
I came second i lost only to my league leaders jeanz(fatal.error) twice this season. Next season i am sure to get promoted.

embi

International Coach
Qualifiers
There was a slight problem with some qualifying matches arranged earlier today. We have had to delete all the matches and re-arrange them again to fix the problem. If you had already set orders, you will have to resubmit them.
Apologies for any disruption caused.

Aw dammit, I had a qualifier! thought it didn't add up when ste posted the promotion things.

Anyway, I came 3rd after beginning the season with a series of silly losses. My last game sold out, so am expanding the ground (which puts me in the red at 20K, but I hope to make up the money with the friendlies and a little prize money) to 15,000 seats.
Next season will be a challenge for me, excluding all the promotions and demotions coming into our league, the only real challenger I've got is 2nd. But I can, and have beaten them, and our games are always very close (last game I managed to beat their total of 333 on the last ball!). It will certainly be a chance to move up, and I expect nothing less than 1st or 2nd.

Brett_Lee

International Coach
When will the survival qualifiers be? Does anyone know cause nothings appeared on my fixtures yet or is that because of the problems?

sid_19840

International Coach
Brett_Lee said:
When will the survival qualifiers be? Does anyone know cause nothings appeared on my fixtures yet or is that because of the problems?

I think the playoff fixtures should have appeared in your fixture list.I think its held next Friday.

Brett_Lee

International Coach
Nup it only says my friendly. And i came 5th. I wander whats rong?

Users who are viewing this thread