Find Batting Too hard

googee

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
This is a message to anyone that can help. I have bought the PC version of Cricket 2004.

Have put difficulty level to normal.

When I bat, either in nets, or in proper match, none of my shots seems to work. I try to play square cuts etc, but most of the time, the batsman just blocks the ball.

Fair do, my timing might be wrong. But the batsman should still play the shot I press on the keyboard. I don't know what is going on, but the game is absolutely awful at the moment as I have no fun batting. I just cannot hit the ball to the boundary.

HELP!

PS Am using Keyboard on PC Version.

You hav to hold down the relevant arrow keys for the shot and then press front/back foot to hit the ball- shift key for 6-hit

I'm with google - lunch at the end of the 1st day (test mach England v Bang) and England are 20-1, 1*6; 1*4 and the rest singles! Just keep playing defensive shots!

Could somebody please give an idea of at what times the keys should be pressed? Say in relation to the bowler letting the ball go?

Would be a great help

dave

guys as brad said, you have to press the direction key + shot key, hold them down.

I'm doing that - I've been doing that for 20 overs with only 2 successes

As I asked, When should they be pressed? Does it matter?

Cheers

I press the direction and then press the hit button when i want to play the stroke. Is that what your doing?

Yep, move batsman into position, press the direction button as the bowler is runnig up then the S or W as I want to play the stroke (somewhere around when a good legnth ball pitches) and whatever I select I almost always play a defensive shot
I played around with the 6 hit button and can't make it make any difference - even in the nets, allI get is comments about "playing the ball in the air.." which is really frustraiting as the ball has only gone 2 feen infront of me on the ground!

I'm just getting really frustraited!, I've never had this trouble with a game before

I don't use the keybored but isn't 'w' the key for block?

That manual says it's for a back foot shot - but then that could be wrong!

I don't use the keyboard either but I think it's w-back foot, s-front, a-charge and d-leave. If you press front/back foot without direction keys u get a defensive shot

All - just to clarify and keep it simple
I press S to say I'm ready, the blue circle comes up to show where the ball will pitch and I move the batsman

Then as he's running up and about to bowl I press (and hold down) a direction button - once he's bowled and I want to play the shot I press S (or W) and I play a shot that goes no further than 2 feet normally

Is this right? And when should I press the shift (6 hit) button)? and what shoudl I hold down

Cheers

That's right- if you want to use the 6 hit button you hold it down throughout the shot as well.

Do you actually get animation of a shot or just a defence?

if playing forward the shot is there but with what looks like no power, even in the nets

In the nets are you getting the shot timer stopping in the correct area?

Users who are viewing this thread