Review: First Impressions of DB14 on PC

DBC14 :- The easiest game for a professional gamer like me....

Just played a game, I scored triple century and took 10 wickets (3 hattricks) for no run. (Played the highest level)

You're a funny man. I can't take any fan of 'the helicopter shot' seriously.

Just played a game, I scored triple century and took 10 wickets (3 hattricks) for no run. (Played the highest level)

You gave them some dot balls?

0/10, not up to professional gaming

Glad I am not as good as you - you have nowhere to go with game now and might as well play something else that challenges you

Meanwhile I will enjoy the challenge game offers and work my way to Legend level accordingly (though on Veteran as is :p)

Scored first century in 30 balls in first class.....
:-) playing in amatuer

My dad can beat yours...

Regarding cutscenes:
The replays are better but still need some work e.x a long replay only shows ball rolling towards boundry instead of starting from bowler run up. The review desicion also skips any replay , I hope these get fixed in patch 3.

he replays are better but still need some work e.x a long replay only shows ball rolling towards boundry instead of starting from bowler run up.

Why would you want every replay to start from the bowler running up? That would become INCREDIBLY frustrating. No replay on television starts from the bowler running up! They begin at the very least from the delivery-point... You know you can access ANYTHING from the menu and replay to your hearts content any sequence from any angle, right?

Why would you want every replay to start from the bowler running up? That would become INCREDIBLY frustrating. No replay on television starts from the bowler running up! They begin at the very least from the delivery-point... You know you can access ANYTHING from the menu and replay to your hearts content any sequence from any angle, right?

It shouldn't start from the bowler run up but the point remains that the replay should at least show the shot the batsman played!

It does. Just not every time and you can see the shot as many times as you like from a bajillion angles in the interactive replay system? I genuinely don't understand what the issue is...

We all skip the replays 90% of the time, that 10% you wanna watch can always be accessed via the interactive replay.

I can buy wanting more or adjusted camera angles and tweaks made there, but the replay feature literally can be anything you want with the push of a button.

Well I bit the bullet and got this on PC as well as having on the 360 and I must say that I have mixed feelings...

Love the quality of the graphics and presentation on PC - I don't know where people get the idea that it is "sub-par" graphically, I think it's great. The sound is also much better on PC.

However there is still a lack of edges when bowling to the AI batsman and they still don't play decent balls as they should, in any sort of believable way. The bowling speed has obviously been reduced as now when I bowl at 150+ km/h it feels like I'm dobbing it down the pitch... there is no excitement in that and takes a lot of fun out of fast bowling (I know this has been done to make batting easier but there have been numerous suggestions on how to fix both). Again, when bowling exceptionally fast the AI batsman don't play the ball any differently to a 120 km/h ball. And even though the bowling speed has been turned down when batting you still can't assess the ball during delivery and have the time to use the shot modifiers based on merit rather than some amount of premeditation.

Overall a little disappointing tbh. Still probably the best cricket game I've played, but could be so much more. Maybe for the sequel. :)

The best cricket game, but you're disappointed.

best cricket game ever due to the shocking standard of other games

Your posts are pretty crap due to the quality of others - I'm disappointed, lift your game.

Users who are viewing this thread