Review: First Impressions of DB14 on PC

So after a couple of match practice sessions I decided to play a casual ODI match on Pro difficulty straight away (with all aids save for picture-in-picture turned off)

Needless to say I was thrashed :p
87fdde95b6.jpg

b1e33b7d0a.jpg

But even though I lost in the worst way possible, it was still more fun than any Ashes 2009 or Cricket 07 match I have ever played. Hopefully I improve a bit more from here on though...
As for performance, I'm lucky to have a decent PC so I have everything cranked up to max with zero issues.

^Was this a 50 or 10 over match?

This is the first ever game where the game should be played seriously :D
I only play legend mode and i am learning my trade very well
England vs SA 1st day test match Eng-45 overs 400/3 :eek: :noway
Extras 55 :D :p
But the things i am learning while bowling are brilliant :clap :clap
One LBW was reviewed and it was given out by Umpire wow what a moment that was
Will post more as i play more :D

Just played 1 game online and the game is very smooth and all the online issues i faced on ps3 were fixed.

some of the fixes i noticed

1) no lag with wireless and ball marker visible for all deliveries
2) no wrong decisions like ball roll over ground given out, clean bowled given as wide or not out.
3) now i can cut the spinner to 3rd man
4) no more super human fielders

Thanks @Ross for fixing all these issues.

The one thing that kind of put me off the 360 experience was the lack of edges from AI batsman when you were bowling, and also just the lack of realistic reactions from AI batsman to good bowling in general.

Can anyone tell me if this has been addressed for the PC version?

Having played my first Career match, I can confirm that I did get a couple of edges, (including one which raced away to deep backward point for four, and one which I almost forgot to appeal for!) but as for AI batsmen reactions I can't suggest much until I get to play a few more matches.

The one thing that kind of put me off the 360 experience was the lack of edges from AI batsman when you were bowling, and also just the lack of realistic reactions from AI batsman to good bowling in general.

The AI bat just like we have all wanted but in my opinion there is still a lack of edges. Still it's early and i am still testing it but overall a huge improvement but still needs a tweak with edges for patch 3.

PS The runrate in tests for me bowling is under 3 but i do bowl outside off maybe 70% of the time.

Finished my first test match, lost by one wicket to England. Here are those final, horrifying moments. Behold the mighty, glorious Steven Finn:

GCerOVc.jpg

qrz8jJP.jpg

EWpsTRr.jpg

It flew straight between slips and gulley, for four, game over. A foot or so either way, he's out. A fraction of a second wrong on the timing, out. So much as the slightest lack in technique in the shot, and he's out. But no.

He scored that kind of shot twice before as well. Cook got out doing that on to his own stumps and Carberry did it to gully. I have absolutely no idea what got into the AI this game, but in the second innings they were in love with that shot. Strangely enough, they could keep doing it though, and I had to take measures to try and top it. The got bat to ball every single time they tried it too.

The good news though is that the AI is overall much better at batting. That particular shot is quite a worry though.

For further context, that was the second over of the second new ball, a Mitchell Johnson inswinger at 157 km/h.

Strangely enough, in this virtual England they are currently building what appears to be two giant slightly oddly shaped spheres, made from solid gold, with simply: "Steven Finn, our King and Emperor" inscribed beneath.

Just finished a fun annoying test that went into the 4th morning, i lost by 6 wickets.:facepalm

Aus(Me) I scored 305 of 57.3 overs with a best of 55 with rogers, lots of 30s and 20s. India(AI) made 306 of 107.4 overs. My second inns was a nightmare with me making just 158 with 46 from Warner. AI got the runs in 53.2 overs 4 for 158.

Now for my update opinion, bigant have done a amazing job to turn a buggy released game into a gem in just 3 months or so.

There is still some work in some areas, like the AI is so hard to get out and i am good at bowling but better at fast than spin. I just would love more slip work.

Now for the edges update, i got 6 out in this game plus a bat-pad catch also.

All the edges to the keeper but i did get a few near misses to slips.
The problem i see and would love Bigant to have a look at is the AI defense shots, they never got one outside edge to keeper/slips in like 160 overs bowled that is just not right.

We get edges of the Defense shots so why does the AI get a free pass.

Overall if this and a few small tweaks and bugs get fixed god i will have to quit my job and live at home so i can play more Don14.:cheers:thumbs:clap:D:yes:)

Yes/yes.

Having my first proper PC game. Aus vs Sri Lanka in Colombo, 2 sessions down bowling, have them about 5-180. Can't say I've seen any edges yet, but we're talking small number statistics after just 60 overs of cricket.

So much more fun bowling pace down that the fatigue has been fixed. Johnson bowled a poor first spell but came back and got 2 wickets in 2 overs bowling HEAT, HEAT I TELLS YA!

Just finished a fun annoying test that went into the 4th morning, i lost by 6 wickets.:facepalm

Aus(Me) I scored 305 of 57.3 overs with a best of 55 with rogers, lots of 30s and 20s. India(AI) made 306 of 107.4 overs. My second inns was a nightmare with me making just 158 with 46 from Warner. AI got the runs in 53.2 overs 4 for 158.

Now for my update opinion, bigant have done a amazing job to turn a buggy released game into a gem in just 3 months or so.

There is still some work in some areas, like the AI is so hard to get out and i am good at bowling but better at fast than spin. I just would love more slip work.

Now for the edges update, i got 6 out in this game plus a bat-pad catch also.

All the edges to the keeper but i did get a few near misses to slips.
The problem i see and would love Bigant to have a look at is the AI defense shots, they never got one outside edge to keeper/slips in like 160 overs bowled that is just not right.

We get edges of the Defense shots so why does the AI get a free pass.

Overall if this and a few small tweaks and bugs get fixed god i will have to quit my job and live at home so i can play more Don14.:cheers:thumbs:clap:D:yes:)

I am actually getting the feeling that depending on the condition, the work you put into the ball and how well you execute your plans, that there are a damn site more edges now.

In my last game I ended up getting one a slip (and another dropped) and one even at gully (although it was off one of those bizarre shots I posted about).

I played a T20 and managed to destroy England through good use of the crease and their desire to try and get the run rate up. Had them chasing at the ball, playing it across them and by use of the crease managed to get just enough variation that I managed to get 6 players out by edges, 4 by the keeper, 2 in the slips (one at third, and yes, I had a third slip in during a T20) and a further 2 dropped. Not sure if it was a one off with that one either though.

It does seem that the AI doesn't simply miss or middle anymore (although I think they need to have a look at that shot I mentioned earlier), and setting them up right may well be able to offer more edges now.

Users who are viewing this thread