First Impressions

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
Having finally got the game, I'm going to say that I think batting is ridiculously easy and bowling too hard.
The screenshot below shows my first match:
I've never hit 6 6s off an over before in C2k2. Then bowling, I couldn't take a wicket. All my wickets came from runouts and I was hit at 13 an over (bowling was my strength in c2k2). The rubout bug definitely has the potential to ruin the game, all three weren't marginal, they were suicidal. I had no edges, I couldn't bowl over 86mph, and no swing or seam on a green wicket.
I hope this is just a bad first impression...

post-14-1072793488.jpg

What difficulty were you playing on? I found batting hard and bowling easy myself. You only get swing with medium bowlers. The fast bowling is weird. Somtimes if you hit the 'sweet spot' you get 150km, and other times when you just miss it you get 135km.

On easy. I'm still finding bowling really difficult. I'm getting hit for 6 with what used to be unplayable/wicket taking deliveries in C2k2.

Bowl short and they often try and hook it so the end up edging it up to the keeper.

dont bowl short always! only use that once every few overs as a suprise ball, or if your really desperate bowl the exact same ball for the first 5 balls, then bowl a bouncer.

Why not mix-up the balls e.g leg cutters, slower deliveries, bouncers?

i find leg cutters and off cutters are just a slower Regular Ball

Yay, I'm getting the hang of it now. Really pleased with this delivery. Bowled the batsman without him offering a stroke.

post-8-1073004908.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread