First or Third person view for batting?

first/third person view

• I would like a 3rd/first person perspective for batting provided they make it work great

Votes: 12 75.0%
  • the current format is pretty good, so shouldnt be changed

Votes: 4 25.0%
  • I dont care / I'm undecided

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

javs52

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
This thing came to my mind.

Wouldnt it be cool if we could actually BAT from a third person or first person view ? like the camera is behind & above the batsman?

I mean it would be really realistic then rather than have just one view for the same batting as well as bowling.

i know its been like that for years but if Transmission games can consider this for their next instalment, I think this game would really ROCK with a new perspective.

what do you guys think?

I actually quite like that idea.
It would have to be done well though for it to work.

edit : double post

Last edited:
I think there was an option for that in the EA games because I remember batting as first person (or at least behind the batter) for c2k2 and c2k4.

It was in C07 iirc. The keeper was translucent.

This ideas has been actually been tried a few years ago, I can not remember but I think it migh have been by EAS Sports.

This thing came to my mind.

Wouldnt it be cool if we could actually BAT from a third person or first person view ? like the camera is behind & above the batsman?

I mean it would be really realistic then rather than have just one view for the same batting as well as bowling.

i know its been like that for years but if Transmission games can consider this for their next instalment, I think this game would really ROCK with a new perspective.

what do you guys think?

Only if there's an option, like EA did with one of their games.

Behind and above is no good though, you would keep missing the ball.

Didn't BLC '99 have a first person batsman view (which made it impossible to see full pitched balls as they were below the eye line) as part of a cheat or something??

Would be good if implemented properly, but would prob be too hard to achieve that.

Interesting development idea I say.

The batting could be like the catching. The better a batsmans 'eye is in' the slower the delivery would appear for the batsman.

Although I think this would slow down the speed of a game too much

Users who are viewing this thread