First Reviews, new screenshots and video.

BenAD

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
zimrahil said:
All the videos so far look like Cricket 2004 but with different bowling animations

EDIT - just looked at the Aussie XBox video. Watch the very first delivery. It hits the pads, the bowler collects the ball and throws to the wicket keeper

The batsmen then set off for a suicidal run. The WK has the simple task of whipping off the bails, but for some reason decides to throw the ball to the bowlers end allowing the batsman to get home

What does that tell you about the AI ?

Um the video shows a player vs player game, and the fielding and running are both player controlled. I am sure the fielding is player controlled because u see on the second ball the slip fielder initally runs the wrong way and tries the pick the ball up when its not there, then turns and runs towards the ball...

fanirama

Club Captain
zimrahil said:
Knew I could rely on you to respond ;)

This would be an interesting departure for EA. In 2002 and 2004 if manual fielding all you could choose was which end to throw the ball too. If your theory is correct, then not only can you choose which end to throw the ball to, you also now have the ability to determine whether to whip the bails off or throw to the other end :rolleyes:

Hahahaha. Nice to hear from you too Zimrahil.
I think, however, this may not be good AI as you stated originally.
Anyways, lets see how this plays...

Howzat

Club Cricketer
m_vaughan said:
I dont think thats such a big problem

It just shows they don't know anything about Cricket, seriously Cricket 2002 + 2004 had white sight screen, cricket 2005 still has them :rolleyes:

Asjad

Club Cricketer
They ve probably left the same gameplay problems as well, graphics are the only thing that seem improved, but without good gameplay what good is it. :(

Top Score

School Cricketer
fanirama said:
Hahahaha. Nice to hear from you too Zimrahil.
I think, however, this may not be good AI as you stated originally.
Anyways, lets see how this plays...

I hope you do realise that the video is showing Player 1 V Palyer 2 NOT Player 1 vs CPU....

I think the game looks alrite, does it really matter if they don't have black sight screens in ODI's??? Its like picking on Codemasters for not having real names in exhibition games.......

kodos

International Coach
how come adelaide oval is not updated with the new stands while they updated the MCG

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Satish555 said:
wots cricket 101??
Cricket 101 is a video which explains the rules of cricket in detail. It is a feature used by novices who know next to none about the sport. It's used in Rugby 2005.

duffarama

Chairman of Selectors
sachin said:
At least the batting looks like it's going to be hard,stuff sodding casual gamers!
Wow, if it is so damn hard in 'easy' mode... how damn hard do you think I will be in 'hard' mode? :D

brad352

Executive member
Put simply, it shouldn't be this hard to hit a ball. In real life, maybe, but in a console game? No. Even after 20 minutes practising in the nets, playing on Easy, as England, against Canada, we still managed to lose five wickets in the first over! Isn't batting supposed to be he most fun bit? Instead we get a protracted exercise in self humiliation. Maybe we're just rubbish at cricket games, but after several people in the office also gave up in disgust we suspected there might be a problem.
They don't seem to like it, but it sounds good to me to actually have a challenge- assuming of course that they don't just suck. Still doubt that it will actually be difficult after a few hours playing time though

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
All the reviews really say is that the reviewers aren't cricket gamers and therefore can't judge how good the AI is and whether there are the usual bugs there. We need a review from someone who played C2k4 properly.

Howzat

Club Cricketer
sachin said:
At least the batting looks like it's going to be hard,stuff sodding casual gamers!

I thought Cricket 2004 was hard for a while, but then...a a little while later i was onto medium...then onto hard soon after :rolleyes:

Usually all games are hard when you first get it and are trying to work out the controls.

Mahesh Babu

School Cricketer
Howzat said:
I thought Cricket 2004 was hard for a while, but then...a a little while later i was onto medium...then onto hard soon after :rolleyes:

Usually all games are hard when you first get it and are trying to work out the controls.
It takes sometime to get adjusted to the conditions as in real life cricekt.

Users who are viewing this thread