Flintoff out for 12 weeks

If Flintoff is not at the ashes England are screwed.
He causes the australians problems and that is the player they are afraid of as an alrounder.

Last edited:
m_vaughan said:
Am not too concerned about the Champions Trophy. But we need him for the Ashes.

Your right; If Flintoff doesn't make the Ashes then we have no chance. I may sound pessimistic but what I say is true.

RoboRocks said:
If Flintoff is not at the ashes England are screwed.
He causes the australians problems and that is the player they are afraid of as an alrounder.

That, plus the fact that Flintoff is easily England's "talismanic" player.

Ritwik said:
That, plus the fact that Flintoff is easily England's "talismanic" player.

Yep, Flintoff has the same impact on the England team as Warne does on the Australian team.

i think its early to talk about the ashes but i think england are being over cautious, flintoff wont win or lose us the ashes he might help us win but we can still win without him we have to believe that, the main reason we won last summer was because the country was positive but this year the pressure will be on and i feel england will go for the draw in the series :(

The heavy workload against Sri Lanka in the first test surely must have contributed to this recurrence of injury. I would say he will make it for the Ashes, he doesn't seem like a man who lies down easy and is surely determined to lead England to retain the Ashes.

Stuff the Champions trophy, Flintoff should be focusing on the Ashes. Same probably will happen with McGrath not being picked for the Champions trophy.

Today Cricket game is so compitative that every player wants to put his full effort for his team to win every trophy and thats the main reason for injuries and about flintoff surely he is the one who can contribute so much in both forms of cricket and especially in ODI, thats what we have seen in recent ODI series, England Lost to S. Lanka 5-0, about Ashes its after champions trophy so first they have to think about champions trophy cuz England even dont wanna loose this series too so badly.

Can there actually be anything worse than this news for england tbh, injuries, rookie captain in strauss
long term injuries now include,
Flintoff,
Giles,
Vaughan,
S Jones,

what are the odds 1 of the openers gets injured?
jon lewis should be given a chance too as plunkett looks like he will mis the second test too.

Tonkertoy said:
Can there actually be anything worse than this news for england tbh, injuries, rookie captain in strauss
long term injuries now include,
Flintoff,
Giles,
Vaughan,
S Jones,

what are the odds 1 of the openers gets injured?
jon lewis should be given a chance too as plunkett looks like he will mis the second test too.

No way, Mahmood will be the best option at Old Trafford.

And, I hear Flintoff may well be playing First Grade over here for a while prior to the Ashes for match practice purposes; hopefully he chooses Sydney Grade!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread