Focus on 2D match view

IloveGilly

News Team Member<br><a href="http://www.planetcric
Online Cricket Games Owned
In the second indepth article on Cricket Coach we take a look at the 2D match view and engine.

In Cricket Coach the action is represented by little discs on the field - these move around realistically to demonstrate the outcome of each delivery from an overhead view. It is also very easy to see if the ball is in the air or not, perfect for witnessing those crucial dropped catches.

40703063jx.jpg

A wide range of tactical controls are available to you during a match. Whilst batting you can alter the batting order and choose how aggressively your batsmen should be playing. In addition, you can also opt to declare your innings early should you feel you have built up a good enough lead over the opposition.

10703065wu.jpg

When bowling, you can select one from a selection of 'bowl plans'. A new idea for cricket games, you can even create your own should the pre-defined ones not be suitable. Each bowl plan specifies the types of balls the bowler should be bowling whether it be inswinging yorkers or fast short pitched deliveries. You can also specify the field setting for each delivery. It's down to you whether you put an extra man in the slips to snatch that crucial catch, or do you elect to frustrate the opposition with another man out in the deep?

20703067ib.jpg

The 2D view is complimented with text commentary to further enhance the in -game experience. There are also a variety of sounds. You will be able to hear every edge, every appeal, every six in Cricket Coach. Sounds can of course be switched off, should they not be your cup of tea.

There are options to choose the level of highlights you wish to view. For example, you can opt to watch every ball of the match or just the wickets.

Overall the 2D match view enables you the player to really get into the matches you play, there is nothing quite like seeing the ball fly to the boundary to score the winning runs in a World Cup final.

30703067em.jpg

Source: Cricketcoachgame.com

Last edited:

viral1991

International Cricketer
One thing that interests me is that we can watch celebrations too.

I wonder how we can see celebrations when players are in the form of dots. :)

IloveGilly

viral1991 said:
One thing that interests me is that we can watch celebrations too.

I wonder how we can see celebrations when players are in the form of dots. :)

Haha, didn't think about that.
I find the idea of having little dots running around and all of them grouping up quite funny. :clap

Ste

Executive member
IloveGilly said:
Haha, didn't think about that.
I find the idea of having little dots running around and all of them grouping up quite funny. :clap

That kind of happens when a goal is scored on the Football Manager games which has a simular 2D match view with dots.

MUFC1987

Panel of Selectors
I like the concept of this game and the screenshots look OK for a first try. It's leaning towards the CM/FM way of gaming, which is good.

Sureshot

Executive member
Surprised they haven't started taking pre-orders yet with it only being 1 week off of release.

IloveGilly

Ste said:
That kind of happens when a goal is scored on the Football Manager games which has a simular 2D match view with dots.

I forgot they do that in Championship Manager, but that idea I didn't like too much.

kangle4

School Cricketer
i think this 2d view is way better than how the game looks in ICC.

even though it may not look as good u still see everything u need in a simpler layout and are provided with heaps more information and stats.

it also leaves the developers with more time to spend on other parts of the game.

IloveGilly

The best thing about it is that you can watch what suits you. I ignore watching fours and only watch the wickets and sometimes chances in ICC.

Sureshot

Executive member
Muhammad Saad said:
Yep it is better than ICC highlights
But i wont real 3d graphics ,just like LMA 2006 ,it is the best football managing game with 3d graphics

Maybe but FM is better, just because it's flashier doesn't mean it's better.

das_vicky

International Cricketer
I wanna know 1 thing, does this game stresses more on team/players/self career management or management of players by a captain on field..

hassan

International Coach
probably manager+captain...
i agree fm is better way better..
but i dont think the idea of having 2d dots in cricket would work

Users who are viewing this thread