follow on - how do you work out the follow on

Carter

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
I don't think its the same as real life and if it is I don't know the exact calculations. So does anyone know how to calculate the follow on?

Because I am chasing a massive total from South Africa which was 526 all out, man that was a hard slog in the field but I'll enjoy trying to knock off the total in my first innings.

Thanks zim, because using your configs the pc scored at over 5 an over! Great stuff!

zimrahil (old)

Club Cricketer
hi carter
I could obviously be wrong, but I thought it was the same as real life, ie you must be 200 or more runs ahead after the first innings to enforce the follow on. I am sure someone will know.

btw, which configs of mine are you talking about. Are you using the 5 day variable conditions patch ? Anyway, glad you enjoyed bowling (probably for a change)

regards

Carter

School Cricketer
hey mate,

sounds ok to me. I normally collapse while batting in test matches, I seem to have more patience in ODI's than Tests for some reason!

Anyway yeah, I enjoyed bowling but it gets frustrating when the computer is 4/350 and they just don't get out! Especially those pesky tail enders at the end! Don't you hate losing the toss on hard and dusty wickets?

I don't know if I can win the match, it would basically be a win for me (well it would give me satisfaction) if i can pass their first innings total of 526 all out off 102 overs.

Umm, yeah I've got the 5 day configs on and all the others you made. The pc batting configs, the fields, the lot!

U

UnderTaker

carter
i think you need to score at 327 to avoid follow on. but why r u afraid of follow on?
following on means that u'll get one more chance to bat. and who know whether u 'll make more in the second innings and force sa a defeat.

its better that u generate the first innings and chase a huge total in the second inn, which is very enjoyable(as i do usually)

thanx
UnderTaker

Users who are viewing this thread