For all you people that moan about how hard the batting is.......

JANER

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
As numerous other "experienced" players have said u need to have patience, I am on a tour of South Africa and playing one of the province sides and have got Marcus Trescothick up to a full confidencebar! I can now score 4's and 6's fairly handily, he is 88 not out in my ttal of 161-7, just play sensible shots at the beginning and then when confidenece bar is half full play the correct obvious attack shots and u are away!

When your confidence bar is full, will the players play ground strokes for 4 alot easier? Also I was batting 25 overs once without losing a wicket and my batsman still had no confidence.

once i hit a six and my confidence was nearly full when it hadn't got any before

On the first day i owned the game(yesterday) i got 233 with Flintoff on Medium, i just started by hitting fours through the gaps then hitting sixes constantly. It clearly isn't that hard if i can get 233 on medium!

After several frustrated attempts by batting like in Cricket 2004 and getting all out for 30-40 ( hard mode ) , I took the proper approach of being cautious in the first 15 overs and scored only like 50 runs with some smart singles and just one six. Tendulkar was then like 20 off of some 40 balls. only lost one wicket.
After that, I regularly scored singles as fielders moved back and confidence bar increased. When it was nearly full, I belted careful sixes ( like one every 3 overs ).
Tendulkar then reached 70 off 70 balls and proceeded to score 100 in about 95 balls.

EA Cricket 2005 is a really vastly improved game and perhaps the best cricket sim game today. The game is tough and is close to real cricket. Patience and perseverance pays off later in the game as the confidence bar works very well.

ajay2k5 said:
When your confidence bar is full, will the players play ground strokes for 4 alot easier? Also I was batting 25 overs once without losing a wicket and my batsman still had no confidence.
You prob have no confidence because for every confidence scoring shot you are doing a "missed" or got "hurt" shot and it clearly says in the manual that you lose confidence from either.
So the lesson is learn what shots to play and if you are still low on confidence you are playing to many "false"* shots.

*Bad for non english speakers ;P

can somene tell me how to hit 4's i can hit 6's or take singles. i only score a four with six hit button. but how to score a four where the ball stays on the ground.

Just find the gaps. You have to hit the ball perfectly and then sometimes it will fly through a gap, or the sheer pace will cause a misfield or prevent a fielder from getting to it, it is possible.

You don't need to wait until the confidence is half-way, you can do it from the start, with the right shots. A couple of big hits and the confidence will be right up anyway.

I am impressed of the batting thing, I am playing on easy, Pak vs India
Amizingly my team collapse.. Hameed, Afridi, Youhana and Inzamam.
Azhar Mahmood and Salman Butt at a run rate of 2 builds a partnership. Now the partnership is 189* :D Both are on 90*
Confidence meter full.
But one thing...
A CPU BOWLER CAN BOWL MORE THAN 10 OVERS!!!! :mad :mad :mad
STUPID EA! How can you release a game like that??!! :eek:
Same bug like C2002

anakwalajinn said:
I am impressed of the batting thing, I am playing on easy, Pak vs India
Amizingly my team collapse.. Hameed, Afridi, Youhana and Inzamam.
Azhar Mahmood and Salman Butt at a run rate of 2 builds a partnership. Now the partnership is 189* :D Both are on 90*
Confidence meter full.
But one thing...
A CPU BOWLER CAN BOWL MORE THAN 10 OVERS!!!! :mad :mad :mad
STUPID EA! How can you release a game like that??!! :eek:
Same bug like C2002
Yep that bug really bugs me.... And what I have seen so far the lesser bowlers like Afridi or Symonds bowl 17-18 overs.... McGrath or Akhtar never bowl more than 10 overs.... The trick to do is if a non regular bowler gets close to quota of 10 overs (50 over match), save the game and exit and then again load the game. The CPU will bring another bowler... However if you have another bowler who has bowled 9 overs (for e.g.) and CPU brings him on then he will prolly bowl more than 10 overs... This is a glaring bug.... Frustrating to say the least!

All very well and good, however I get out more easily when confidence is high on XBOX. Seems the timing is poor the better your player has played.

Playing for India in a test match on medium against Aus at Calcutta I scored 300/4 by tea time. Sehwag, Dravid, Laxman, Ganguly chipping in. As soon as I thought I had cracked it, a loose shot of ganguly, Shane Warne takes a hat trick and boom !! All out for 336................
But batting is great fun I agree............
Don't let the green pitches scare you..........the front foot square drive is the saftest shot in the book as the CPU doesn't keep a gully on green wickets.

Users who are viewing this thread