Forgotten the way!

Trescothick

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
I haven't played C04 in a while and I can't seem to get my patches in the right order.

I've got the config editor, line-up editor and graphic importer. I've installed Sam's Patch and am launching the game through that. I also have the anti-runout icon to launch it from if necessary. I've got Boss' v5 AI test patch installed too.

But the line-up bug is still there. I batted through my innings with the correct line-up. Saved, elft, came back etc, it never changed. I bowled the first over of their first innings and realised the line-up is now wrong. I've run Sam's patch again and started through that, and also run through anti-runout patch, but every time I load it, the line-up is still wrong.

I seem to remember having to change something in an editor between innings, or running from different patches depending on who's batting, but I can't for the life of me remember which one I used to use.

The other thing is that I'm running the Sky TV graphics pack and it seems to have erased pitch ads from the game. It doesn't matter which ones I put where in the graphic importer, none of them show up in the game.

Could anyone with a better memory steer me back in the right direction? Thank you kindly.

According to an ancient post of mine I used to use Sams patch when batting and the runout patch when bowling. And the savtweak was somehow employed to keep the line-ups correct, but there doesn't appear to be a line-up tweak in it and no matter which patch I load with, the line up is wrong.

Trescothick said:
According to an ancient post of mine I used to use Sams patch when batting and the runout patch when bowling. And the savtweak was somehow employed to keep the line-ups correct, but there doesn't appear to be a line-up tweak in it and no matter which patch I load with, the line up is wrong.

there's sams beta 1.2 out which has I think incorporated both exe and run out patch....any way i use it and there aren't much silly runouts any more....
As to your lineup problem use the lineup editor to edit the lineup from the saved game and this will eliminate your problem..... hope this helps!!

ahk2578 said:
there's sams beta 1.2 out which has I think incorporated both exe and run out patch....any way i use it and there aren't much silly runouts any more....
As to your lineup problem use the lineup editor to edit the lineup from the saved game and this will eliminate your problem..... hope this helps!!

Ahhhhh, that was it.

You are a legend. Your grandchildren will regail stories of your greatness!

Ok, I'm well beaten now. I'm changing the line-ups for the saved game in the editor, but when I load it up again they're still wrong.

The pitchads thing I think is in the graphics config before you actually start the game up.

OllieWoods said:
The pitchads thing I think is in the graphics config before you actually start the game up.

Do you mean the graphics importer? Or is there something I'm missing?

GI3(latest version) for graphics
Config Editor for AI patches
Sams 1.2 exe(absolutely brilliant)
Lineup Editor+Player Editor for new rosters, etc.

Trescothick said:
Do you mean the graphics importer? Or is there something I'm missing?
If you are using Sam's exe you dont get this option at startup. Its in Configure cricket2004 in the start menu make sure pitch detail is on.

Out of interest are you returning to C2004 after playing c2005 or BLIC?

kevmead said:
If you are using Sam's exe you dont get this option at startup. Its in Configure cricket2004 in the start menu make sure pitch detail is on.

Out of interest are you returning to C2004 after playing c2005 or BLIC?

Nope, never had either of those. I'll trying running it from the CD to find that graphics option thing. Ta!

Trescothick said:
Ahhhhh, that was it.

You are a legend. Your grandchildren will regail stories of your greatness!

Ok, I'm well beaten now. I'm changing the line-ups for the saved game in the editor, but when I load it up again they're still wrong.

did you save the 'changed line-ups'?? and are you in C2004 while you are editing the lineups??

When using Boss's CGPV5, there is the folder called 'IRCUVersion5 ODI/Test', which I have installed-pl follow Boss' s installation instructions- I have no problems with teams!

Users who are viewing this thread