Four Innigs ODI. Each Innings of 25 Overs.

Which Format of ODIs do you prefer?

• Total voters
I might be missing something but won't this just be a mini test match in coloured clothes and night time? Like doesn't it defeat the objective of a set target and chasing it down....?

I don't quite get how it works, one team bats first say makes 200 then the other team bats makes 201...what then?

I might be missing something but won't this just be a mini test match in coloured clothes and night time? Like doesn't it defeat the objective of a set target and chasing it down....?

I don't quite get how it works, one team bats first say makes 200 then the other team bats makes 201...what then?

Then the first team would be trailing by 1 run going into their second innings.

Here is your answer.

Then the First Team (Which Scored 200) trails by 1 run.

And say that they score 225, so the second team's target to achieve in their 2nd Innings, and match's 4th and the last Inning would be 225.

While they're at it they should cut ODI's down to 40 overs, then take Sachin's idea and play 20/20/20/20. No thanks. One Day cricket is fine as it is.

Why not drop it down to a 40/40 with the a new ball coming in the 20th over?

Why not drop it down to a 40/40 with the a new ball coming in the 20th over?

Why? Is ten overs actually going to make a difference when bringing in the crowds. And this is what the "problem' is suppose to be about.

Lets just keep 50 over cricket as it is. It's fine as it is, I also fail to see the problem with it. At least it's better than Twenty20.

I saw this article on cricinfo and just laughed at all the comments from Indians worshipping Tendulkers idea. It is total rubbish and if it was made by anyone else very few would agree with it.

Last edited:
Sound's way too complicated and rather boring tbh. Would teams start sending out 'nightwatchmen" if they lose a wicket around the 22-23 over mark. It would kill the game.

They can send out whoever they want, the objective is to win a match. What is so bad about nightwatchmen anyway? they still have a bat in their hand and want runs.

The reason it would work is because people have been complaining about the "boring" middle orders. The middle overs would be a new start so the batsman have to get set again and would make it a lot more interesting. It would kill the "boring" middle overs.

But say if a team lost like 7 wicket during their first innings and the total is not really reachable, it wouldn't be logical to come out to bat again.
They do it in tests when a target isn't achievable. They do it in ODI when there is rain and they have to bat when they are 7 wickets and score at an average of 20 runs an over for 30 overs, everyone knowing that the match is lost apart from us aussies. :D

Why? Is ten overs actually going to make a difference when bringing in the crowds. And this is what the "problem' is suppose to be about.

It will minimize the apparent boring period between what ever overs it's meant to be. The new ball in the middle of the overs will mean attacking batting from overs 20-30.

Big no thanks to this, too many breaks for mind. If they want to fix ODI cricket maybe add more fielding restrictions. I know the Sky Sports guys were talking about having more fielders inside the ring between 20-40 overs. I wouldn't mind outside of the powerplays having a maximum of 4 fielders outside the inner ring. Or get back the 15 overs with 2 fielders out and then the two 5 over powerplays that have to be taken between the 15-40 over period.

Users who are viewing this thread