Four Innigs ODI. Each Innings of 25 Overs.

Which Format of ODIs do you prefer?

• Total voters
Maybe 35 overs a side would give this thing more space, or maybe 30, but 30 is pretty uncomfortable, and anything less than 30 will be all slog. 35 a side is too much for an ODI, then it'll literally be a One Day International. :p

To be honest, I don't think it is a bad idea, but having said that, all this worry about ODI cricket, and test cricket is a bit exaggerated, I admit having a little concern about 50 over cricket, but especially after the recent Champions Trophy, I think it is still in good health and doesn't need to be meddled with. Plus fiddling with so many too many formats may start to confuse spectators, especially newcomers.

I think Pro40 (or whatever it is called) is going to set in. Although the CT has been exciting, I predict that the administrators will eventually shift it to 40 overs. SA is now trying this version where they can have 12 players in a game (11 bat, 11 field) with the batting side being able to chose powerplay overs, etc. I think ODI's will eventually change to that. You can save 100 minutes of playing time if its reduced to 40 overs. It could be lot crisper while retaining the skills that an ODI needs.

I'm not a too big fan of 40 over cricket AT the international level. It's sure, a slpendid experiment, and we have the Pro40 in england and i'm always excited to see the matches played in the format.

Four innings ODI is a little skeptical. They don't go as fast as the 50 over ODIs, but i like the idea quite a bit. It puts in some unimaginable twists and the biggest advantage is that a bowler can pick up more than 10 wickets at max. Lot about this goes on, but until it's tried out, we'll get to know the real taste of it.

I support it, but has to be tried out before anything.

Powerplays are mandatory as of now.

Anyways the current CT has shown that ODI is here to stay and there is no need to tamper with the equation as of now.

Very much disagree with this idea. It will lengthen the ODI game as teams now have twenty wickets to play with, it will remove the vital role of lower order batsmen and will sever the ODI game which is the connection between club and professional cricket when people stop being able to associate the cricket they play with the cricket they watch, the game will start to die.

Users who are viewing this thread