Four Innigs ODI. Each Innings of 25 Overs.

Which Format of ODIs do you prefer?

• Total voters
2 words for this stupid suggestion...bloody ridiculous.

I suggested twenty20 test matches in a chatroom a few weeks ago (2 innings of 20 overs for each team)...as a joke.

Seems some idiot took me seriously.

Seems the "I" in ICC stands for "Idiot", though I think we knew that all along.

The thought of a 4 innings ODI makes me cringe. All OD cricket has been with 2 innings and that's the way it should stay.

Well done ICC. Thanks to Tendulkar for making the idea reach to the people concerned in the ICC. Seems like the ICC has acted up on it after Sachin talked about its pros.

I agree with Dave Richardson when he says that he does not like two seperate innings of 25 overs each. For example if India bat first and score 184/2 in 25 overs with Dravid and Yuvraj batting, then Dravid and Yuvraj should come out again in the second innings and resume from where they ended in the first innings. It will make it harder for the batsmen because the momentum is seized from them but the batsmen have been having a gala time these days in all cricket formats. So its not a problem.

it is an absolutely ridiculous idea,they should leave the odi's as they are.

Calm down guys, if this is ever implemented (which it won't), I would say it would atleast take 8 years before it even touches international cricket.

It has to be successfully tested in more than one domestic competition, probably 3-4 countries will have to implement it in their domestic structure before it can even be thought of by the ICC.

Then the ICC discuss it for a long long time, people complain, others support it, and finally we may see an international 4 innings 25 over game.

It is nothing of concern for the immediate future I think.

There's life in the ODI yet | Opinion | Cricinfo Magazine | Cricinfo.com

Completely agree with the article above. Roebuck's insight is something the common cricket fan should share.
ODI Cricket has produced so many memories, so many greats of the game, and has been the platform for so much glory. The World Cup, the pinnacle of the game, is based on ODIs. A T20 WC win doesn't come anywhere close. There will never be a 'Tendulkar' or 'Akram' of T20 or T25x4 or whatever you're going to call that. The best batsman will simply be sloggers, the best bowlers will be the ones who can bowl the most yorkers at will. There's no art of building an innings, grueling through a tough period on a docile pitch, chasing a big sore under lights.

Test math cricket features the team to bat last facing the worst conditions - a spinners paradise, footholes and cracks in the pitch, and of course the fatigue of 4 straight days of grinding test match cricket. Shouldn't the 'same-ish' laws apply in ODIs, ie the team batting last usually chases under tougher conditions?

Cricketman added 4 Minutes and 18 Seconds later...

As with most people, I also disagree with Sachin on his theory. A lot of players get into Test Cricket via ODI cricket. This won't be a test of the skill that will be required at Test Level.

This too is a great point. You simply, under any circumstances, find Test cannot quality players in this new form or T20. Can you imagine Yusuf Pathan earning a test cap based on his 14 ball 30s?

This idea will definitely kill test cricket, no doubt about it.

Eng,SAF and Aus might just use the 40 over format for their domestics, but the new one suggested is way too ridiculous.

The new format 25 overs 2 innings reminds you of the Super Max games played in New Zealand.

I dont like this idea cricket is getting change and change

May as well try it in some random domestic league, and if it suceeds try it.

I think they will try the idea in SA Domestic Championship.

Definitely not liking this idea. I thought it was stopping the 1st innings and then resuming that innings. That would be much better than this, we have T20 for these short innings we don't need another copycat with T25x2.

Hold on a minute. What are these people suggesting? I thought it was you bat 25 overs and once the other teams batted 25 your resuming not-out batsmen continue on, is that not what's happening here?

Users who are viewing this thread