Friedlele Creations - IPL 2018 Teams updated 08/04/2018

Just had a look on someone stream and it looks like you have uploaded your teams

@Llewelynf Are there any new additions to the stadium creator like more assests and tools ?

My Take on the Cricket Academy for Ashes Cricket

I decided to do a breakdown of the Academy, which hopefully answers a lot of your questions.

My promise is that I will still be working tirelessly to provide top quality downloads for the community, as I have been doing since DBC14. It is probably no longer a secret that my work on Ashes has begun and I hope you guys will not be disappointed.

I will try go through each Academy aspect so not to miss anything. If you have any questions, please do ask.

The academy has all the same features as previous versions such as the player, umpire , team, stadium and bat creator.

j-PGJ9KvSnlL4AycHm5ZqTOPSK-xobQRDxnKpEbkpXzsu394lHHGbqJ3FCjvaHXyDvKnQLBx7BziMmW5MGLg3uD6npB72nh2Xnt68rza5h8LQBeBIIvv_AhvgydMX0nIlIlv9R_1

Logos

The logo creator is just as it was in DBC17. Uploading svgs to the ingame creator and placing them where you feel fit. Previous svgs are compatible and pretty much work the same. I am not 100% sure on the limits, as most of my previous work conformed. One thing I have noticed is that the uniform template has changed to a large degree and, IMO, is way easier to use. Also, I have no idea what the limit for logos is, the previous version was 2083. I can ask.

Pnom5lZ14LmlZW1lhatgpsVC5Rmw4IWq9TQslyd22Tx1Oz0QuKi8tBRIVYI5RYVAOcAQ6lLv4WAsVnvc0o56hG9agdU9Zd8CJotkmYEMxUcVJaEvXo2aImgciqoXY1ank_FKk4eG

Player Editor

This is where I have seen the biggest changes, and rightly so. The player editor is more user friendly now and allows us to create the player we always wanted. Models have been visually upgraded, especially with regards to body types, more like cricket players and less like WWE Superstars. Stubble length was personally a pet peeve of mine in 17, which was soooo right in DBC14, but in the sequel did not exist, it makes a welcome return in Ashes and works. The appearance editor is identical and pretty much works exactly the same. You can however now select whether you want glasses while, batting or fielding, or both. And it does not carry over into bowling. One big change though, is the ability to copy appearnces from other players. Not just linking like in the past.

You can also now add bats from within the player editor. It is simply glorious. I hated how in DBC17, you had to go into the bat menu and add bats. It was in fact painful.

BZZOu4BCReSMPJo5AUUbwuhgJPi8MKpni3eDttq6kYlUmNQcBkrjRCVbrJCiIdzK-tCV1cGCjl05lAMAxdJL0TtI-fdUgxn3SLqgMsCDQacWhTeDc5J_ZA5WoOaoYR9sRaiccEMy

You can also add your custom player to a team from the player menu which is also a welcome return from DBC14 days.

-iq8cXxDvbFYf2sxmaccWIsg73DtyUMmk_tIsHirpqWTfIy_d_AQQeRi2pRprfgTyjyI2sosbkWML6Ab77AGCaiSgV4FAbq_eyHgrLyqMNvsFKyQ6TiVdVt0qR4DWrNJeUjSZyJ_

Another returning feature, batting with a cap instead just helmets.

pFCYBRVQe0xXoycnLQpwz5-eRRtQYU14ZjCPhyFSdUxPZL7M95Vuw1DrcqB68CDPuyyaKyqEDcpfoK2Xxa8nhaJGxeBU8QOQxzP7IFyvBRcPpQZiyXcPQvOOBYetKUFvXgGys1-d

My favourite feature within the player editor is by far the skill menu. No longer do the skills change when you change one small aspect, and you can select the style of batting or bowling you want to use. And there is even an animation showing you the different styles. This, I love (and it was also something I personally asked for and got)

4lYKeTm3OVkWi_A5ckJRCV6nlrWBYMCcYADpuMOOgsU42wD2c5c4yNGwRUcEkAJx1FYbeajkeHObCvTVFZuAvTNsA_wBYJx5LR5pRXZTv9493fRD8blerWs9kYsa2eIlbwE8SDKO
RSuOGY_ocmXNo6d6gqxxYRGvsiA2ZSpyJv5w4WroBcJPyxInho42T2_xDMWUco0AvKVdWUm1-qXdM3zKblSUP_tDW9DVw3XKkdKhWaq9iQgWsG4hnTfX-ls_ToJEd3Gz4oLGEbgq

Team Editor

The team editor also has changes that are far more convenient and honestly, I think were necessary. You can now copy a uniform from another team, no longer only the same team.

xieVsS_j7RKZCsc3SvYJN-OVDHftObSjXEwsImEV466bgVyepedIsD0lMhZYoyq4URLkzNqzlGUfNVNqQ8EtyJ178CtbLN4t5WwSDjcxP1z-IjD2CU_PNWQpxDZINm9uHhF-a1qH

The uniform sets are also vastly different with the exclusion of the multiple patterns to select from. In all honesty, I never used those, ever. There are a few patterns but nothing like it used to be. Placing logos now is far easier, with a slight difference in the way they are placed. It has become far more practical and user friendly.

They are split into groups of four and can easily be copied over which makes placing sleeves, badges etc far more simple.

JN66KdmCH2wkWBZT1qaAx2lqW0pR5qsn6rwXerYcDK81pcKUVoAXMu7SLBcf5leYnfv7209NbgUN2lxz9-OWoHovmXojqLwEa30UW1YXq14_icI2g0A6ehTVP9i_5lOwbYR2mlqo

Team names on uniforms also make a return form DBC14, with multiple fonts and can be placed on the front or back.Names can also be in the traditional position at the top or below the number. Something also missing in DBC17.

_XDagMZZInE8HIwFUlVIJIuF6XX4D1BvBLAJ75aeFpxUJ53LseboN5L9wMCEC2f83o-CFylRvVQNwJBAcj8dJc8FlCzr-FAHVrokPM-oc9C_jrmrOGvy__yNwb8tFf2HW-S3DO3a
beWoxly73kYbvO3vy12nYpvbHdkvYZhwCmqFEAU2ROc8GSGt5lQRGAeLGlhK2c59sUZHkNlRww5UoWytmMn4_go8G-TiRaPJWNu06obFECfPgqGUJtgOeAze_XYkyGGV6ppj1aGG

Team lists are also editable now, as they were in DBC14. This is definitely a welcome return.

Bat Creator

The bat creator is the same and was the one thing I was happy to not have been touched too much. I found it easy to use, and made sense. The 10 logo limit still remains but after the texture issue was resolved in 17, was never really an issue. The bat models do definitely seem a whole lot more crisp in this iteration and look way better in game than DBC17 where logos pixelated a lot.

Stadium Creator

The stadium creator was never my forte as it was far too time consuming for me and I personally enjoyed making teams, bats and players a whole lot more. From what I have seen it is exactly the same format as DBC17 with all the same bells and whistles such as adboards etc.

Things I would have like to be added

A more comprehensive equipment editor. Something where you could make bats, gloves, helmets etc and add them to players the same way bats are. This will add another element to the game, and I am sure others, long for.

It could still be a little more user friendly in some ways but BA have made huge strides in this regard making it a lot easier than DBC17 ever was.

Biggest Let Down

The inabilty to use the creations from the previous title. I would have loved to just download everything and get started (not really, what would I do with all the spare time). But I totally understand that it is probably due to BA publishing on their own now.

Last edited:
Thanks for posting this, I'd been wondering about any additions to the academy - sounds like there's some great additions. And thank you for all the effort you put into making teams/players/bats, can't wait to see your work this time around!

Great work mate. Waiting eagerly to see the actual creations.
Would like to know, is there someone else from your beta team working on stadiums?
And could you give details on the teams created,eg number or names?

Great work mate. Waiting eagerly to see the actual creations.
Would like to know, is there someone else from your beta team working on stadiums?
And could you give details on the teams created,eg number or names?
Not that i know of
In theOP

View attachment 199828

Here it is, the first official list of the content currently in the Academy created by me…

All latest updated content can be found on the Academy LlewelynF (PS4) or Friedlele (PC) from today.

Licensed Teams

Australia Fully Licensed

England Fully Licensed

*Bats (unlicensed) and players have also updated by me. The licensed teams can not be shared so players will have to be downloaded separately for now, unless in one of the teams created below.

Test Playing Nations (Test, ODI, T20 uniforms)

Afghanistan

Bangladesh*

India

Ireland

New Zealand*

Pakistan

South Africa*

Sri Lanka

West Indies

Zimbabwe

*Players and bats also created

Aus Dom (FC and LO uniforms)

New South Wales*

Queensland *

South Australian Redbacks

Tasmanian Tigers

Victoria

Western Warriors

Cricket Australia XI *

*Players and bats also created

Big Bash Teams *Brand New BBL 07 uniforms*

Adelaide Strikers

Brisbane Heat

Hobart Hurricanes

Melbourne Rebels

Melbourne Stars

Perth Scorchers

Sydney Sixes

Sydney Thunder

IPL 10
Delhi Daredevils

Gujarat Lions

Kings XI Punjab

Kolkata Knight Riders

Mumbai Indians

Rising Pune Supergiants

Royal Challengers Bangalore

Sunrisers Hyberdad

NZ Dom

Auckland

Canterbury

Central Districts

Northern Districts

Otago

Wellington

SA Dom (FC, LO and T20 uniforms)

Cobras

Dolphins

Knights

Lions

Titans

Warriors

Licensed Bats

Kookaburra (Aus)

Blaze

Ghost

Kahuna

Obsidian

Surge

XLR8

Kookaburra (Eng)

Blaze

Ghost

Kahuna

Surge

Gray Nicolls

Atomic

Gem

Kaboom

Predator 3

Pro Performance

Supernova

Velocity

Icon

Artemist

Code

Reserve

Signature

New Balance

DC 1080

TC 1260

Puma

evoSPEED

Created Bats

Adidas

Elite

Libro

BAS

Bow 20-20

Classic

Bradbury

Sterling

CA

Plus 12000

CEAT

Players

DSC

Intense

Condor

GM

Chrome

Kaha

Mana

Neon

Paragon

HS

Core 7

Kippax

Colossus (Stoneman)

Matrrixx

Venom

MRF

AB 17

SD 25

VK 18

PR

Players

SG

Opener

Players

Sunny Legend

SF

Summit (Morgan)

Spartan

Boss (Chris Gayle)

Hurricane (Joe Burns)

MSD (Dhoni)

SS

Master 9000

Ton

Reserve Edition

Players Edition

Elite (Moeen Ali)

YWC

Players (Yuvraj)

Zeven

Players (Jadeja)

iXu

Axon

Enigma

Nexus

FOLLOW MY TWITTER FEED FOR ALL UPDATES

https://twitter.com/FriedleleAshes

Top stuff mate.

Can you please list which of the licensed players you've added bats to / otherwise updated?

One quick question - when you refer to team lists, do you mean the feature from DBC14 where you could create new lists of teams in addition to the existing ones set-up for teams from each country?

Users who are viewing this thread