Friedlele Creations - IPL 2018 Teams updated 08/04/2018

Great work @Llewelynf - are there any first thoughts on the best way to download teams. Individually from set creators or go via the 'Get Best' option. i'm guessing only yourself and few others may have created teams as of yet.

One quick question - when you refer to team lists, do you mean the feature from DBC14 where you could create new lists of teams in addition to the existing ones set-up for teams from each country?
I am not sure how it works in career, but now there are team lists available in the team manager. So you can add or remove teams from a specific list[DOUBLEPOST=1510582637][/DOUBLEPOST]
Great work @Llewelynf - are there any first thoughts on the best way to download teams. Individually from set creators or go via the 'Get Best' option. i'm guessing only yourself and few others may have created teams as of yet.
Personally I would never go 'get best'. This I where updated teams and linked players get messed up.[DOUBLEPOST=1510582692][/DOUBLEPOST]In fact, come to think of it. I have not seen a get best function. @WealeyH @blockerdave have you?

Using hat as helmet is available only against spinners(and slow-medium pacers) like in real life?

Using hat as helmet is available only against spinners(and slow-medium pacers) like in real life?

I think it would mainly be for Classic/Retro teams. It's now a law of the game that all batsmen have to wear a helmet against ALL types of bowling.

**Edit.....apparently it's only an ECB law. Not sure about other regions.

I am not sure how it works in career, but now there are team lists available in the team manager. So you can add or remove teams from a specific list[DOUBLEPOST=1510582637][/DOUBLEPOST]
Personally I would never go 'get best'. This I where updated teams and linked players get messed up.[DOUBLEPOST=1510582692][/DOUBLEPOST]In fact, come to think of it. I have not seen a get best function. @WealeyH @blockerdave have you?

I assume you arent going to create all players and teams, is there a way of knowing which created teams include accurately linked players. Maybe a thread once all teams have been created to establish the best teams to download would be the way forward. Probably a little way off knowing tho im guessing

Are you looking for help to get the teams done? If yes, I can help getting the names / commentary / shirt numbers for Indian Team done (and perhaps IPL Teams too). I won't be able to create faces though (I am really bad at that). Please let me know.

Last edited:
Top stuff mate.

Can you please list which of the licensed players you've added bats to / otherwise updated?
I will post a list a little later. What I will also do is Create a team with all of them and share to make it easier. Then all you do is select Replace Current with New.

Can you please provide screenshots of some created players from different countries?
Thanks in advance:)

I wish there was a way to download all the teams you have created instead of doing it individually.

so we have to download all un licencd teams one by one .. ??

Thanks for the breakdown about the Academy and the work you've already put in. It was one area I really wanted to ask about but didn't want to pressure you into breaking any embargoes. From the sounds of it there have been good improvements besides just dealing with the minor frustrations of the DBC17 version. I'm looking forward to getting involved myself when I get the game. And I'm glad I didn't delete all the hundreds of SVGs I created over the last 12 months.

Three questions:

Have you tried/is it possible to import SVG on Playstation?
When you say kits are broken into four parts does that mean that SVG logos that are imported do not 'spill' over - when you'd add something to an arm it'd start showing up on the other arm or on the back?
Are jumpers separately editable or do they just conform to the design of the shirts?

I fully endorse the idea of being able to customise equipment. Beyond just adding logos, I don't know how easy it would be to do and is not something I'd necessarily expect could be done via patches, but the possibility of breaking down the equipment assets (gloves, pads, helmets, hats) into separate parts and being able to combine them to make new styles would be good (e.g. the grille from one helmet with the lid of another; the fingers from one pair of gloves, with the wrist, hand guards - you know what I know mean...).

I know you previously said you didn't play a lot of career but you wouldn't happen to know what happens if we start a career and then update the teams in the academy. Is it like DB17 where the uniforms and logos update and not the players? (I'm seeing if I'll have to bide my team before starting the career)

Thanks for the breakdown about the Academy and the work you've already put in. It was one area I really wanted to ask about but didn't want to pressure you into breaking any embargoes. From the sounds of it there have been good improvements besides just dealing with the minor frustrations of the DBC17 version. I'm looking forward to getting involved myself when I get the game. And I'm glad I didn't delete all the hundreds of SVGs I created over the last 12 months.

Three questions:

Have you tried/is it possible to import SVG on Playstation?
When you say kits are broken into four parts does that mean that SVG logos that are imported do not 'spill' over - when you'd add something to an arm it'd start showing up on the other arm or on the back?
Are jumpers separately editable or do they just conform to the design of the shirts?

I fully endorse the idea of being able to customise equipment. Beyond just adding logos, I don't know how easy it would be to do and is not something I'd necessarily expect could be done via patches, but the possibility of breaking down the equipment assets (gloves, pads, helmets, hats) into separate parts and being able to combine them to make new styles would be good (e.g. the grille from one helmet with the lid of another; the fingers from one pair of gloves, with the wrist, hand guards - you know what I know mean...).
PM'd you

Users who are viewing this thread