Friedlele's Cricket 19 Creations - India Alternate jersey updated 29/06

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks. I get people making mistakes and doing things inadvertently as well. But the long time Planet Cricket members that do so because they don't get the number of downloads they expected is utter b*ll*cks.

And I dont get why they then post there stuff here either. What's the freaking point.
I have a saying - the dogs will always snap at the heels of the Lion... I think this may be appropriate here. By the way do you use InkScape when you are creating your Logo’s or solely the creation tool within the game? I’m constantly looking to improve the way I create my logo’s and have a long way to go. Some are fine then others are dreadful ha ha.

Reactions: DAP
I have a saying - the dogs will always snap at the heels of the Lion... I think this may be appropriate here. By the way do you use InkScape when you are creating your Logo’s or solely the creation tool within the game? I’m constantly looking to improve the way I create my logo’s and have a long way to go. Some are fine then others are dreadful ha ha.
I use photoshop.

Thanks - I’ll have a look at using that to see if it improves my efforts - if not then it’s probably my lack of ability ha ha
The thing that works for me with PS is the tracing. I find it better than inkscape. But inkscape is free

The thing that works for me with PS is the tracing. I find it better than inkscape. But inkscape is free
Thanks That’s very true. I used to use photoshop back in the day so I may still have the licence key for at least an older version. I’ll have a look in my box of tricks. The thing I really struggle with is getting an image to work without there being the message about too many points or nodes - even when the image size is sometimes a lot smaller than 40kb. It looks fine in Inkscape but then the game itself doesn’t like it. I find logo’s with as little text or edges to it works best but yourself and @wasteyouryouth seem to have over come that and can convert almost any image to .SVG and get it to work in the game. Awesome work.

Having read all the above messages around people locking downloads I have just one question - Why just Why would someone want to do that!!

@Llewelynf and others are doing incredible work on behalf of the community and some numpties go and spoil it.

Having only watched my lad play the game so far (get mine on Weds 5th June for my Bday :yes) it looks great and the creations are fantastic!

Thanks That’s very true. I used to use photoshop back in the day so I may still have the licence key for at least an older version. I’ll have a look in my box of tricks. The thing I really struggle with is getting an image to work without there being the message about too many points or nodes - even when the image size is sometimes a lot smaller than 40kb. It looks fine in Inkscape but then the game itself doesn’t like it. I find logo’s with as little text or edges to it works best but yourself and @wasteyouryouth seem to have over come that and can convert almost any image to .SVG and get it to work in the game. Awesome work.
I have uploaded bigger than 40kb. All my logos are 2048x2048. Its strictly down to how many anchors there are. When and image is changed to ecg. Every layer and colour basically have anchors. It's a bit of an art figuring out when and what can be deleted. Took my a few hundred goes to figure that out.

Having read all the above messages around people locking downloads I have just one question - Why just Why would someone want to do that!!

@Llewelynf and others are doing incredible work on behalf of the community and some numpties go and spoil it.

Having only watched my lad play the game so far (get mine on Weds 5th June for my Bday :yes) it looks great and the creations are fantastic!
https://www.planetcricket.org/forum...icket-19-creations.112949/page-3#post-3337158

Apparently this is one possible reason

I have uploaded bigger than 40kb. All my logos are 2048x2048. Its strictly down to how many anchors there are. When and image is changed to ecg. Every layer and colour basically have anchors. It's a bit of an art figuring out when and what can be deleted. Took my a few hundred goes to figure that out.
Thanks for that advice. A huge learning curve but well worth the effort. Hours of practicing ahead for me I think!

@Llewelynf love your work!! Have you uploaded your Ross taylor and boult?
I just updated SA and NZ teams with players. I toned down the white of the kits. I would suggest deleting the original and redownloading to avoid linking issues.

Alternatively you can search players by date under friedlele.

ALL PLAYERS ARE UNLOCKED AND FULLY EDITABLE SO YOU CAN CUSTOMISE YOUR GAME AS YOU SEE FIT.

The trace tool in inkscape works best with a decent quality and clear image (it's no good for jpegs unless it is a very large image) and I'll only use it when the results are good.

The image I used in that tutorial was just about good enough, I tested it first to make sure. There was a little loss of clarity to the text. If I wanted to I could have made fresh shapes for the badge, reshaped all the letters or done the text from fresh (I don't find inkscape is good for arched text). But I just wanted to show the basics.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread