FTP: From the Pavilion general chat

They're seeded 200odd so their bowling is probably pretty good.

They're 150/9 now though. Hopefully my batsmen do well though.

----------

If you get your youth player in the half an hour before the youth training do they get that training?

Pretty sure he does. Just as long as it's before the youth training update which is Sunday 22:00 FTP time. That's just a guess.

Well if you win this, you're guaranteed at least $10k. Not bad. But your players are going to be knackered.

Yea. At the moment the lowest is at energetic but that'll drop after this match. Will rest him and some others and play a few youth players probably in my mid week games. Last week I did the same and still won but this week I have some tougher challenges I think.

----------

Got a really easy T20 match but a top of the table OD match against my main competition. His players are pretty knackered though so I might be able to pull off a win with my second team and some youth and 1st players chucked in

So I'm through to the third round :D yay for more money, I actually broke even this week, even when you discount my two sales! :D

Knocked out of pavilion cup. Opponent was ranked 230 in the world :p. So who made it to next round apart from chewie?

My opponent was ranked higher :p

jdeus probably made it through. Ste probably did too

----------

Oh you can't get your youth player until after the youth training. I thought you could get it after the academy update which happens 30 mins before the training :/

oooh next Pavilion Cup match is a home one. Should fill out all 7.5k seats. But what to make the pitch... gonna set it crumbling just for fun :D His side is reasonably fatigued and my match rating is similar to his so I could win...

Won my T20 match pretty easily despite the number of youth players and second team players I played. Mangan is turning out to be a really good opener despite only being reasonable bat.

I'm playing my next Pavilion Cup match on a crumbling pitch (aids spin bowlers greatly, aids seam bowlers slightly) and windy weather (aids spin bowlers slightly). Because of this I'm playing two spinners but I'm not sure which of my other bowlers to drop. Help me decide! :D

Clarke has the advantage of being a RF bowler with pretty good power and endurance, but has terrible fielding.

Chewie CC >> Nigel Clarke >> Details
Player Info
25 years old | 38,030 rating | $8,001 wage
Left hand batsman | Right arm Fast
Talents Gifted (Power), Opener
Nationality West Indies
Form reasonable
Fatigue rested
Experience average
Captaincy ordinary
Skills Summary
Batsman poor
Bowler expert
Keeper dreadful
Allrounder ordinary
Skills
Batting dreadful Endurance capable
Bowling outstanding Technique outstanding
Keeping atrocious Power reliable
Fielding dreadful

Fox is similar to Clarke but with power and endurance reversed. Fox has slightly better fielding but is only a medium pace bowler.

Chewie CC >> Leonard Fox >> Details
Player Info
24 years old | 41,814 rating | $7,544 wage
Right hand batsman | Right arm Medium
Talents Prodigy
Nationality South Africa
Form reasonable
Fatigue rested
Experience poor
Captaincy poor
Skills Summary
Batsman ordinary
Bowler accomplished
Keeper poor
Allrounder average
Skills
Batting dreadful Endurance reliable
Bowling outstanding Technique outstanding
Keeping poor Power capable
Fielding ordinary

Kallichuran is also a medium pacer but is left arm which is a bonus. He is also spectacular bowling but is only accomplished technique. His secondaries are also much worse than the other two. At the moment I'm probably going to drop him from the side but wanted some advice.

Chewie CC >> Brahmadhara Kallichuran >> Details
Player Info
22 years old | 34,282 rating | $7,616 wage
Right hand batsman | Left arm Medium
Talents Safe Hands
Nationality India
Form reasonable
Fatigue revived
Experience average
Captaincy average
Skills Summary
Batsman ordinary
Bowler accomplished
Keeper poor
Allrounder ordinary
Skills
Batting dreadful Endurance average
Bowling spectacular Technique accomplished
Keeping dreadful Power average
Fielding ordinary

The spin bowler I'm bringing into the side is only expert/accomplished but I think that due to the pitch and weather he'll be more useful than one of these guys. I have a third spin bowler but he's an all-rounder and is reliable/capable/reliable and compared to my usual all-rounder who is a LM Accomplished/Expert/Accomplished, the spin bonus is really negligible. And because of the pitch I need the slightly better batting.

Lost my SOD match this week to the top side in my league. It was kinda on purpose cos I didn't want to fatigue my players for the Pavilion Cup match. But it means I have to make up lost ground over the second half of the season and beat him in the return match.

[OD] Iridium XI 415 for 4 (Khan 106*, Poole 85, Murad 2-81) beat SidG11 234 (Mahajan 50, Smith 3-65, Phelan 2-24) by 181 runs

Thought I'd mix things up a bit and let my youth captain be the skipper of my senior side. Batsman had a hitout, bowlers bowled SidG11 out. This win takes me to 3rd in my OD league.

Next match is against Yunus Nagar, a bot team, who in his last match managed to concede 506/5. It'll be a good chance to rest any tiring players.

Users who are viewing this thread