FTP: From the Pavilion general chat

It's hard to get above reasonable experience on a twenty year old unless they've played internationals though.

lol Iridium finally beat me after I played all 5 of my twenty year olds :p

Hey I'm new here. I go by the same name on FTP & I'm an assistant for the Pakistan U19's... Have talked to a few people on here on FTP before.

Well a horrible 3 overs conceding 39 runs has probably cost us the match but Tindall is still to bowl and this is what he does first ball back on after taking 2 wickets in his first spell. 48 runs needed from the last 10 with now 7 wickets in hand.

40.1 W Tindall to Rowe : [stumped] Swish! Flick! Bails off! Oldroyd and Tindall celebrate while Rowe stomps off with a contemptuous expression on his face.
G. Rowe st M. Oldroyd b. F. Tindall 36 (34b 2x4 2x6) SR:105.88

We managed 299 all out with the bat, Murch made 61 at the top of the order, O'Leary made a quick 22 before Mol made a nice 41 but it was Oldroyd who did the job, scoring 84 off 65 balls while Yousif helped with 32. This is actually Oldroyd's tied highest OD score, and only has 6 fifties in 90 OD innings.

----------

Well it's funny how a game can change completely in no time at all. They needed 22 runs to win from 7 overs with 7 wickets in hand but Bollinger takes 2 wickets in an over before Tindall strikes in the next over and now they need 14 from 5 overs with only 4 wickets in hand and two new batsman at the crease which happens to be a 20 year old keeper along with their tail.

----------

Well Tindall only managed two SOD 5 wicket hauls in his first stint at the club (79 matches) but he's taken one in his first game back :p

That is 5 wickets for Tindall!
46.2 W Tindall to Varadarajan : [stumped] Varadarajan decides to show a bit of flair, stepping down the wicket and attempting to go inside-out over cover. Unfortunately for him he's missed the ball, giving Oldroyd a relatively straightforward stumping.
C. Varadarajan st M. Oldroyd b. F. Tindall 6 (9b 0x4 0x6) SR:66.67

12 runs needed from 3.4 overs with 3 wickets in hand :p

----------

Make it 6 wickets and that's his best figures for the club :p

46.3 W Tindall to Cullen : [catch] Drifting into Cullen before spinning away, he fails to move his feet and, wrongly trying to work it to leg, gets an audible outside edge and off he goes.
D. Cullen c M. Oldroyd b. F. Tindall 0 (1b 0x4 0x6) SR:0.00

Unfortunately, he couldn't take his hattrick.

----------

What a match, this has been. A wicket from Bollinger now although a no ball along with two runs hurt us.

End of over 48 (5 runs) - 11 Dark Men In The Bushes(294-9). 6 runs required from 2 overs. RR 6.12 RRR 3.00
S. Muyia 2 (5b) , J. Veelers 1 (1b) , F. Bollinger 9-0-59-3

----------

Well this game just has to have everything doesn't it :facepalm

48.4 1 Tindall to Muyia : [dropped] Oh dear. Muyia has sent the ball high into the air. Yousif positions himself under it and... oh no, he's dropped it! Let me tell you, if looks could kill, Tindall would be on trial right now...

----------

There is definately some match fixing going on :facepalm

48.6 . Tindall to Veelers : [dropped] Veelers drives in the air, straight at cover point. Pettinger gets both hands to it but the ball doesn't stick, he has a second attempt at grabbing it before it hits the deck but fails miserably. He can't look Tindall in the eye.

----------

Unbelievable.

End of over 50 (4 runs) - 11 Dark Men In The Bushes(300-9) RR 6.00
J. Veelers 4 (6b) , S. Muyia 4 (9b) , F. Bollinger 9.3-0-63-3

It's the new fielding changes, makes it much more valuable to have a good fielding unit

Yeah, well Yousif is 20 years old with reasonable fielding while Pettinger is capable fielding. And we only dropped 4 catches throughout the whole match so it's pretty annoying 2 of them came in the second last over.

I think most teams are targeting outstanding fielding now :/ I used to get mine to reliable...

well im out of the cup! shock defeat it has to be said! they made 350 on a slow pitch, i fell 60 runs short. even though we were 33k rated better!

shockers!

Same here. lost my Pavallion cup match to a team ranted 10K less than me. I dont know how i lost 2 Spec/Spec batsman for duck in first over of the match to a 30K fast bowler on a crumbling pitch. This is when i had set them on defensive.
I lost the match pretty much right there..:facepalm

----------

And yeah, Dont forget to vote for me. I'm standing up for England.:thumbs

I don't believe my luck I won my first ever Pavilion Cup match.

Jimmy Army: 140,901
Winners or Losers: 119,570

But the gap was only 2 runs

Jimmy Army v Winners or losers

This was the stealer
49.3 W Rahman to Raychaudhari : [runout] Raychaudhari turns this around the corner and sets off immediately, but Rikaz wants none of it! Sierksma collects and throws to Naeem, who breaks the stumps with Raychaudhari stranded halfway down the pitch. What on earth were the batsmen thinking there?
A. Raychaudhari run out (W. Sierksma) 4 (6b 0x4 0x6) SR:66.67

Round 2 here I come

Users who are viewing this thread