FTP: From the Pavilion general chat

End of over 1 (30 runs) - Agrid South Africa(30-0). 120 runs required from 19 overs. RR 30.00 RRR 6.32
T. Edgett 23 (6b) , J. Vattyam 5 (2b) , A. Armstrong 1-0-30-0
0.6 6 Armstrong to Edgett : An old-fashioned slog back over mid-on's head for six.
0.5 2 Armstrong to Edgett : Straight back down the wicket and they scamper through for 2.
0.4 3 Armstrong to Vattyam : Moved forward confidently to drive the ball into the covers.
0.4 nb2 Armstrong to Vattyam : Pushed away through the covers by Vattyam and two runs are added to the total.
0.3 3 Armstrong to Edgett : Fractionally overpitched from Armstrong and straying onto the pads. Edgett whips it square where Herbert on the boundary is forced into a tumbling save.
0.2 4 Armstrong to Edgett : Flicked off his toes through the leg side for four.
0.1 4 Armstrong to Edgett : FOUR!! Good length delivery down the leg side, Edgett goes on the back foot and flicks it away to deep square leg. That is a wonderful shot from Edgett.
0.1 nb4 Armstrong to Edgett : Four runs. That went straight off the meat of the bat. An excellent cover drive by Edgett.

Not a bad first over if you ask me!

van der Hoeven's second career youth century along with a century from skipper Cameron Peters and 4/37 from pace bowler, Evert Goedhart guided Hedger's Team to an easy win against Vampyrs to stay top of Youth 3.1

Saurashtra Lions v Baggy Blues

Match Details
Home Saurashtra Lions
Away Baggy Blues
Ground The Lion's Den
Match One Day Friendly
Date 12 Jan 12 05:00
Crowd 2,189
Weather Windy
Pitch Flat

Not a good scoring rate...
End of over 20 (3 runs) - Saurashtra Lions(109-1) RR 5.45
B. Piyush 52 (62b) , M. Sutherland 50 (52b) , G. Pickett 5-0-17-0

----------

v%20Babby%20Blues.PNG

Those who've been using the player predictor, how accurate is it?

Well it's fairly accurate afaik and I did use it a bit. I did use it for Omara but can't remember what the results were so I can't really give you any full answer but I think it's been close to what has been predicted.

Although all-rounder training is one I'm not sure of. I'm pretty sure they have technique training faster than it should be on all-rounder, as it's near the same as batting and bowling where that's not the case in the actual game.

And remember sub-levels would make a difference so unless you know what they are, then you can't be completely accurate and you are likely to change training plans once something pops to a certain level so it does give a few weeks of training on a different skill while they are younger so the results will be slightly different than predicted.

A century from James Pettinger and a 4 wicket haul from skipper, Fred Tindall helped Hedger's Team secure the One Day Div 4.2 title with a 97 run win over second placed RanGerZ XI to secure a 12 point gap at the top with only 2 games remaining, meaning Hedger's Team will be playing in Div 3 next year (decided that I'll stay in Bangladesh).

Murch and Omara got us off to a good start with a 50 run partnership before the Canadian prodigy was dismissed for 19. Murch made 31 off 47 before he played all around a straight one and O'Leary and Mol didn't add many with 10 and a duck respectively. Lars van der Hoeven stuck in there with his senior partner, scoring 18 off 50 balls before he too made his way back to the pavilion but Aladdin Yousif was there to add some handy runs down the order with 30 off 32 before he was unfortunately run out. After losing Whiteman (0) and Pettinger (105), Bollinger and Tindall added some crucial runs, both making 10 not out as Hedger's Team made 260/8.

RanGerZ batted well but were unable to make any huge partnerships at regular wickets - 1/29, 2/61, 3/74, 4/90, ... - proved vital as they were bowled out for 163, Hetherington top scoring with 53 while Tindall and Whiteman had a field day on their suited dry pitch, with 4/26 (9.3) and 2/20 (10) respectively. Yousif worked hard on a slightly less favourable pitch for the medium pacer with a respectable 2/43 from his 10 overs as he starts to improve on his bowling late in the season. Baldry also took one wicket with 1/36 from 7 overs, with Bollinger keeping it tight early with a longer 6 over spell for only 27 runs.

Don't you just love playing bots :p

Batting: 252/3

Crane 112* (58)
Murch 21 (10)
Pettinger 2 (2)
O'Leary 94 (41) - Before being run out :/ Highest T20 score though.
Mol 22* (10)

Bowling: All out 47

Bollinger 3/13 (3.2)
Whiteman 2/7 (2)
Lansing 1/9 (2)
Healy 0/9 (2)
Yousif 4/9 (2)

van der Hoeven is annoying me this season. He keeps getting out for high scores without scoring centuries. 89, 89*, 74 and now out for 94 today.

And a nice fifty at the end from O'Keeffe as he makes 53* off 38 as we managed 244/5 from our 40 overs against the second placed team in the league. Peters also managed 52 as well to help our cause.

Good win today although the bowling wasn't spectacular on a crumbling pitch. A century from Pettinger (122 off 88) along with fifties from Ruben Mol (73 off 56) and openers, Joseph Murch (52 off 53) and Victor Omara (51 off 60) with a nice little innings from Lars van der Hoeven at the end, scoring 23* off 18 got us to a huge total of 362/6.

Our bowling was nowhere near great as they were 1/138 at one stage although the required run rate was getting out of reach. They got to 2/178 before slowly collapsing with small partnerships getting them to 7/226 before we took 3 wickets for no runs and they were bowled out for 226. Bollinger took 3/27 from 9 overs, while Baldry also took 3/54 from 9.2 although he was probably the worst bowler, very expensive and two wickets came from his last 2 balls as he had 1/54 from 9. The spinners were decent although Tindall could have had about 3 more wickets with dropped catches and a missed stumping, taking 2/31 while Whiteman took 2/39. Yousif had a day to forget, going for 56 runs and going wicketless in his 10 overs.

Fielding wasn't the best, it had to be said though with 4 dropped catches and 2 missed stumpings as van der Hoeven didn't have a great day behind the stumps although it was probably experience which cost him. He did take a catch and one stumping though.

Saurashtra Lions >> Manager
Manager Details

Manager Name: This manager is a Pavilion Member.Tarzan *online*
Pavilion Member: Yes (expires 06 Jan 2013). 200 game credit(s) available
Date Joined: 23 Nov 2007

Users who are viewing this thread