Game runs slowly

sara05

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
The cricket 2005 game seem to be running a touch slower in my system, which makes playing shots difficult.

My system configuration is as follows:-

PIII 733MHz, 384 MB RAM, 120 GB hard drive, Windows 98SE,
GE Force 5200 Video card (latest drivers installed)

I tried to set the display settings at 800x640 with 16 bit color and also fiddled with the game display settings but no luck yet!!!! The intriguing part is that the config I have, meets the minimum recommended config to play the game.

Any suggestion on what could be the issue and how to rectify it?

i think its ur processor

I am running this game on 450 mhz pentium3 with Geforce2 mx 64 mb and still it is running with reasonable speed on xp.

sara05 said:
The cricket 2005 game seem to be running a touch slower in my system, which makes playing shots difficult.

My system configuration is as follows:-

PIII 733MHz, 384 MB RAM, 120 GB hard drive, Windows 98SE,
GE Force 5200 Video card (latest drivers installed)

I tried to set the display settings at 800x640 with 16 bit color and also fiddled with the game display settings but no luck yet!!!! The intriguing part is that the config I have, meets the minimum recommended config to play the game.

Any suggestion on what could be the issue and how to rectify it?

Your system looks ok to me.Are you running this game with full graphic setting?If so try to reduce some option and then check.In the end you may see difference which would satisfy you.

well, i am able to play the game but I feel the game speed is fraction short. when a fielder throws the ball from the deep or when the bowler starts running from hi sline-up, i notice the difference.

i tried all possible settings but still nothing seems to improve

make sure you don't have any browsers or anything open when you run the game. your resources might be used up on other such software.

I have a similar problem; when the ball is thrown in from the boundary, as the camera follows the flight of the ball the game goes choppy/stuttery. No matter what settings I use. I can play on 640x480 with all graphics settings down and all av's and firewall's off and it still happens, so I just play on 1024x768 with everything maxed out (AA, AF etc) and put up with it.
P4 2gig
512 mb ram
Geforce ti 4400 128mb

Last edited:
try ixspeed

Use 640x480 resolution. Keep your forced detail at medium or low(whichever u prefer) and keep the anti-aliasing at 0.

Try it!!!

I too have the same amount of RAM as u do and the game looks pretty fast!!!

The stutterings when the ball is thrown from the outfield may be due to the crowd detail!!!

I too experienced it in Cricket 2004.

hey....i've got a problem retlated to resolution.

i wanna run the game and set the resolution to 800x600......but when i exit the system menu, it sets it to 1024x768. no matter what i set it to, as soon as i exit the menu it again goes to 1024x768......

any help?

Tutsi u have to save the profile again. I had the same problem i figured out myself

where to download ixspeed? i did a search in google but didn't get the right one

If you have any anti virus..firewall..spyware..addware programs try doing a scan..also disable your firewall stuff

Thanks Cowburn199!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lavasoft (to remove spyware) did the trick.

the game in itself is very slow as compaired to blic.

i have downloaded !xspeed.....

i was wondering hot to use !xspeed for cricket 2005 and what value to use in !xpeed to make cricket 2005 run at normal pace?

!xspeed doesnt work with cricket 2005 !!

Users who are viewing this thread