Game Startup Problem

A

aslesh

When I click on the cricket 2004 icon to start the game, it starts the game and automatically closes it down
I dont knoiw what is the problem.
If any one can helpme out plz
I am having
PIII,548 MHz,256 MB RAM
Intel 8210 graphic controller
I have already installed Direct X 9.0a
please help

but then
I am able to run cricket 2002 in the same computer
And the video that it starts while running the cd is not displayed
so can u plz tell me abt it

Cricket2002 is a relatively old game now, Intel chipsets supported older game but it does not support the new graphic engine EA is using.

Which graphic card shall i go for then?
It should be good & affordable

A good compromise between cost and performance would be a Geforce4 or GeForce FX5200

As for Cricket 2002 running, you have to remember that Cricket 2002 is 2 years old now. In computing terms this is a lifetime. A PC that was top of the range 2 years ago is close to being obsolete now.

you cant really ask for a budget coz things cost differently in different places. you might be able to buy a TOP OF THE RANGE Graphics Card in one place and in another for that ammount of money buy a TOP OF THE RANGE PC.

i bought Geforce4 mx440 for 3500 Pakistani Rs .

Geforce4 ti4200 was of 11000 Rs whereas fx5200 was of 6000 Rs

Very good choice of a card i would give it 4/5 this should give you no problems running cricket2004 might slow down the next genere games a wee bit but nothing to worry about. here is a review of the card

Graphics performance just got better with the ASUS V9180 series, supporting NVIDIA's enhanced GeForce4 MX440-8X chip. With the newest AGP 8X standard, the card enables the new peak AGP bandwidth of 2.1GB/s to offer excellent graphics quality. The latest "ASUS Smart Cooling" technology ensures a quiet computing environment, while dual-DVI connectors and 2 DVI to VGA adaptors provide diversified display connectivity. Additional features such as TV-out, Video-in and rich-spectrum of unique ASUS innovations make the V9180 series a complete solution for the 3D market.
by the way f1mania did you buy it from Karachi, Islamabad or Lahore.

i think alesh it will be very reasonable card for you as well .

alesh i have the same motherboard 82810 intel ..........the problem with this motherboard is that u dont haev a AGP slot .......so u haev to buy a PCI slot and ur graphics wont be as good as AGP so ........wat i'mdon right now is dat i'm changin my mother board and ram for abotu $300cdn ....i htink u should do dat too coz later on u have to change it and u will spend more money buyin PCI card and later u gona buy AGP if u upgrade ur PC!!

Well Aslesh, even i have the same problem, dont you think its because we have installed new version of DirectX ? because what i think EA Sports is a company which has very good marketing techniques and i dont think they can make a game which is only for new computer technology, i think it can work without those cards which other friends are saying, let me know.......

ok hope to hear from you.

Users who are viewing this thread