Get Pieterson in Ashes squad?

rohan_murti

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Hey,
If i'm playing as Australia in a 5 test series against England in the game, can I put Pieterson in the England squad for the series? The AI doesn't pick Pieterson in the England test squad for the series cos he wasn't a test player yet when this game was released. Is there anyway I can edit England's test 11 for a test series even when they are computer controlled opponents? I wud love to bowl as Warnie against AI Pieterson in the game, what a contest that wud be!!
Please help!

I think you'd need to edit your roster, then when you play an ashes series load your own roster and he'll be where you put him in that roster....

What I'd try is....swap him with Flintoff then put Flintoff in at a position that a No 5 would occupy.... if you make a mistake you can always revert back to the defaults....

Steve S.

Hey Steve, thanks for the suggestion. Sounds like an interesting ploy, however, where do i swap him with for e.g. Flintoff ? In the Edit Team Option in "My Cricket" ? I tried it but it did something weird. Like for e.g. the AI picks Mark Butcher in the test 11, so i thought I'll swap him with Pieterson. What I did was: (In the Edit Team option in My Cricket)
1) Replaced Pieterson 1st with some unknown player from the domestic list. i.e. basically pieterson is out of the squad and available for replacing another player.

2)Then clicked on Butcher and replaced him by choosing Pieterson from the list of domestic english players.

3)Now logically the AI shud pick Pieterson in the starting 11 since i've replaced Butcher who was in the exact spot earlier. But unfortunately it didn't pick him and instead chose I.Bell as Butcher's replacement in the starting 11, who originally was never picked in the starting 11 by the AI. Bell was just one spot above Butcher in the original squad.
Weird isn't it. Any advice? Or is it all too confusing and a waste of time. Gotta basically wait for a line-up editor?

they probably picked bell because he is more highly rated.

therefore put peiterson in the team and make all of the reserve batters poor players e.g county second teamers and the A.I should choose peiterson

hopefully :rolleyes:

You'll be able to do this once Shailesh releases his GaMCHange. Simply start the series as England and swap the teams.

Once Shailesh releases gamchange you should be able to pick the opposition line up, even for exhibition matches. It may be a bit of a palarver, but here's how.
1. Start the match as 2 player, team 1 as keyboard and team 2 as controller.
2. Choose both the line ups.
3. Start the game, bowl 1 over using both controllers (a bit tricky, but possible; I've done it before in c2k4. Just bowl outside off and leave the ball).
4. At the end of the over, save and quit the game.
5. Go to Gamchange, swapping say, team one (or whatever one you don't want to play as) to cpu controlled.
6. Restart and away you go.
It's not ideal, but will do until a line up editor is available.

Hey thanks man, sounds like there will be a way. I feel the line-up editor shud be the best thing to have, but this shud be a good enough thing for the time being. However, one question, might sound silly, but when u r refering to a "Controller" what is it exactly you are refering to? A Gamepad? cos i don't have one. Please clarify on this.

By the way, I started a 5 test series in England in Normal mode playing as Aus. Won the 1st test by 268 runs, (146 by Gilly in the 1st innings!) and 8 wickets by Warne in the last innings. Then realised I needed Pieterson in the opposition man, esp after seeing his performance at Lords. But i guess I'll have to continue the series till this Shailesh guy releases his stuff he's gonna make.

I edited the hex of the MCH file the same way as we edited lineups in C2k4 and nothing happened. It definitely seems that lineups are somehow stored in a different form.

Users who are viewing this thread