Gettin Worried

Sman-21

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Just had my first go at blic demo with the expander and it is scary how easy it is very first game i got Aus to all out of 34 overs 411 top scorer Martyn with 188.
Its just a simple matter of playing safe and hitting to where there are no fielders. Next over they will block that area so u then choose another area.
After i got Martyn to 100 i stopped moving around the crease and just played the correct shot for the line of the ball and was still hitting the boundaries with ease.
Only reason i didnt get 200 is i was gettin bored and went for the big hook shot.

I have screenshots if anyone wants to see also have the 150 spider graph and u can see the ball goes in the same areas every single time.

I really hope Hard is VERY HARD or despite how good the gameplay is it could get binned pretty quickly as County(medium) is way way to easy.

Sman-21 said:
Only reason i didnt get 200 is i was gettin bored and went for the big hook shot.

in the same way many people are going to get bored within weeks or
even days. the AI is very poor. there is simply no challenge.

i respect EA for that.i dont find c2k5 that hard.u only need patience
and practice and u can play the shot perfectly

The problem I have with BLIC is a cause of the fact there is no front foot/back foot.

Just point the keys where there are no fielders, and time it right, and the game will manufacture a shot. I've spent loads of time on the demo cutting fours through mid-off.

Sman-21 said:
I have screenshots if anyone wants to see also have the 150 spider graph and u can see the ball goes in the same areas every single time.
show us some screenies

yeh also keep in mind codies may have some things they want to change after seeing how the demo went.

man, the demo is on the easiest setting, thats why its such a smash fest. I reckon codies have done great job on it, many ppl may want to just smash it around the place and the easiest setting on BLIC has just give us that.

Im sure hard difficulty will be like EA cricket 2005

No it isnt!! It is on the county (medium) level ...

I've discovered that the demo is set to medium difficulty, which is County. Village is for easy.

I just don't understand the people who say that BLIC has bad graphics. It easily matches Cricket 2005.

Last edited:
Yeah I wanna see a competetive AI, or much better an AI which takes into account a teams abilities and characteristics, like some sides dont panic at all (Australia, SA), while for other sides quick wickets should affect the next batsman confidece level (I mean a batsman's confidence level is depenedent on the bowlers confidence level , his shot timing and his teams overall performance respect to the match).

I had a 20 overs match where I had no fielders on the out field and yet the cpu didnt try the lofted shots except for the thirdman area and as I was swinging the ball and keeping a tight line and length on the off side and got a few catches in the third man area, on top of that I had all my fielders on the off side with no fielders on the leg side, but still the cpu went down 47/8 in 20 overs; thouigh most of my balls were on the off side (I wish we had the coming down the pitch in this edition).

I think the following things needs to be addressed in the game

A feel of pace - I mean when I am playing Lee or Akhtar I wanna feel the pace and which should result in some mistimed shots.

The fielders need to sort out their running round and be more aggressive which will cut down the number of boundaries and doubles.

In cricket the power of the shot should be gauged by both the timing and the part of the bat where the ball hit while playing a shot, this is the sole reason why we cant hit well pitched balls.

And one more thing I find annoying is the keeper not standing perpendicular to the ball but just facing the side of the wicket the ball has been played.

Anyways I think CM & Swordfish has done an excellent job on their first try and their effort is much better than any of EA's cricket games, and I wouldnt write them off so early, in fact I will give them a couple more chances and would definitely buy BLIC 2005 and 2006/7.

Totally with U Skateboarder2 with the graphics part:)

Users who are viewing this thread