Getting back to the big time *Not a great day at the office AGAIN!*

Where will James Haywood guide West Brom to?

• Middle Table (7th-17th)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Just survive relegation (18th-21st)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

thesweepmaster

County Cricketer
footballmanagerstoryope.jpg
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Just a warning, I won't be able to do the fancy graphics that I used to do for a while as I've had a new laptop since then and I don't have photoshop on it. Also updates will be slow for a while as I have to prepare for university exams but by the middle of June they will be finished, giving me the ability to post more regularly. :)

Last edited:
An interesting start to the story. Keep up the good work and good luck. :)

cocacolachampionshiplogof8.jpg
With the football season preparing for its big kick-off tomorrow, many people will have questions on their lips about the Championship. Who will end up top? Who will end up bottom? Who will be the surprise package? And who will be the underachievers? Will be the few questions on people?s minds. One thing is for sure, the three clubs that have been relegated, Middlesbrough, Newcastle and West Brom, will be expected to bounce straight back up.

During the summer, Newcastle has seen the outgoing of Alan Shearer with Chris Houghton taking his place. However, many players from the Premier League have stayed with them, including inspirational midfielder Kevin Nolan. They are expected to walk the league. However, they do have a difficult first game ahead of them as they travel to The Hawthorns for James Haywood?s first competitive game in charge of the Baggies.

Albion also have kept most of their squad following a dismal campaign last year in the Premiership and have even added to it with the loan signing of Nacer Barazite from Arsenal and, what could be deemed signing of the season if all goes well, Benjani for a mere ?1.7m from Man City. However, James Haywood's inexperience has meant they are now considered fourth favourites but should be there at the end of the season.

Middlesbrough has also managed to keep most of their squad as Gareth Southgate hopes to lead them back to the promise land. If they are going to do it though, they will need key figures such as, David Wheater, Gary O?Neil and Adam Johnson all to perform on a regular basis. Furthermore, they will definitely have to score more goals as they ended up with the fewest goals in the Premier League last season with 28. They begin their campaign with a very tough home game against fellow promotion rivals Sheffield United.

Looking at the rest, it?s clear to say the usual suspects of Cardiff, Swansea, Nottingham Forest and Sheffield United will all be up there by the end of the season. For an outside bet though, Ipswich with new manager Roy Keane could well be in the Championship hunt by the end of the season. The promoted three, Peterborough, Scunthorpe and Leicester will be expected to have a tough time but could also spring a surprise. With all the uncertainty surrounding how well each team will do one thing is for certain, this Championship season will be a cracker
!

West Brom Squad
westbromsquad.jpg
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thanks for the comments guys so far, I will be doing the Newcastle game tomorrow! :)

cocacolachampionshiplogof8.jpg

West-Brom-Just-Football.com
VS.
644477_com_180pxnewca.png
Four star Baggies hammer Magpies

James Haywood?s tenure at West Brom got off to superb start by smashing helpless Newcastle United to go straight to the top off the table. A Simon Cox double with Koren and Texiera all chipping in for the Baggies to send them to a 4-2 victory at the Hawthorns.

With only 23 seconds on the board, Albion got off to a flying start with Simon Cox hitting a superb shot from all of 25 yards beating Harper on his near post to give Albion a 1-0 lead. However, that lead only lasted 60 seconds as Lovenkrands through ball was met by Ameobi, who coolly slotted in from 10 yards out. Albion did regain though in the 11 minutes with Benjani second assist of day being a through ball to Robert Koren who rounded the goalkeeper to score from 5 yards out.

Newcastle did start to press again with shots from Ameobi and Carroll all going close, but it was the Baggies who extended their lead to 2 goals thanks to a blistering shot from Benjani forcing Harper to make good save but only to parry to the awaiting Simon Cox to slot home for his second. Albion had clearly dominated the first half and were good for their 3-1 lead. In the second half, Albion could have had a fourth if Dorrans? speculative 25 yard half-volley had paid off but it only cannoned off the post and out of play.

In the 64th minute though, Albion got their fourth thanks to a corner from Chris Brunt leading to confusion in the box allowing Felipe Texeira to slot home from the edge of the six yard box. Newcastle did get a consolation goal in the 86th minute with Carroll heading home on the back post from Ameobi?s cross but it was the Baggies who ran out deserved winner and if they play like this each week then they will be very tough to beat.

image-7-for-west-bromwich-albion-v-watford-gallery-937768817.jpg

Simon Cox's celebrates his second goal
West Brom 4-2 Newcastle
Cox 2, Koren, Texeira
Amoebi, Carroll

Teams:
West Brom:Carson, Zuiverloon, Cech, Olsson, Jara, Texeira (Thomas), Brunt, Koren (Barazite), Dorrans, Cox, Benjani (Wood) Unused subs: Kiely, Meite, Mulumbu, Morrison
Newcatle: Harper, Simpson, Enrique, S. Taylor, Coloccini (Zere), R.Taylor, Jonas, Nolan (Geremi), Barton, Ameobi, Lovenkrands (Carroll) Unused subs: Krul, Lualua, Vuckic, Danquah

Other Results:
Cardiff 0-1 Scunthorpe
Coventry 2-1 Ipswich
Crystal Palace 2-1 Plymouth
Derby 1-0 Peterborough
Leicester 1-3 Swansea
Middlesbrough 1-1 Sheffield United
Preston 2-2 Bristol City
QPR 2-1 Blackpool
Reading 2-1 Nottingham Forest
Sheffield Wednesday 3-1 Barnsley
Watford 3-2 Doncaster

Wow, 2 goals in the first minute, would love to see that match
Great win there to start em off and great writing, KIU

carling_cup_logo_black_470w1.jpg

West-Brom-Just-Football.com
VS.
BadgeLeyton_Orient.gif

Last gasp Jara breaks Orients hearts

In what was seemingly classed as a walkabout, West Brom had to come from behind and extra-time to help send them through to the second round of the league against a battling Leyton Orient side. Goals from Mulumbu and Jara helped send the Baggies through with a 2-1 win.

In a first half which was dull and dreary, both sides failed to force the opposition goalkeeper into a save with Simon Cox having the best chance by putting a header from 6 yards wide when it would have been easier to score. The game only came to light in the second half when Orient Smith hit a thunderous 25 yard shot on to the crossbar which had keeper Carson stranded. However, no sides managed to break the deadlock in 90 minutes.

Extra time of this game was certainly much better with both not wanting the prospects of taking penalties and it was Orient who took the lead on the 92nd minute with James Scowcroft slotting home from 8 yards. The lead lasted until the 107 minute when Mulumbu hit a belter into the top corner from 25 yards. Both sides then went end-to-end looking for the winner and finally that winner came in the 119th Minute when Jara headed in a near post corner from Chris Brunt to send the Baggies through to the next round.

After the match, James Haywood indicated that he was pleased with the win and hinted at another signing ?I am pleased that we have won, albeit I would have liked to have won it in normal time but that?s the League cup for you. It is also true that I would to bring in an experienced head as we have one of the youngest squads in the league and we will be looking at our options over the next couple of weeks?.

Mulumbu%20excited.JPG

Mulumbu celebrating his brilliant strike
Teams:
West Brom: Carson, Zuiverloon, Cech, Jara, Olsson, Texeira (Reid), Brunt, Mulumbu, Dorrans, Wood, Cox (Benjani) Unused subs: Kiely, Meite, Koren, Morrison, Thomas
Leyton Orient: Jones, Cave-Brown, Purches (Nelson), Chorley, Ashworth, Dobson, Demetriou, Townsend (Smith), Thornton, Chambers, Malkie (Scowcroft) Unused subs: Morris, Millwood, Hall, Babbs
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Cheers for the replies so far, I am thinking of new ideas for this story on how to get you guys more involved like press conference, where I answer your questions, A day in the life of manager where you follow me for 24 hours and stuff like that. Exams and revision are pretty hectic at the minute so these ideas won't happen just yet but they will be coming soon. I hope you enjoy the work anyway, cheers! :)

Last edited:
Are you going to bring in some fresh "talented" faces or going to add more experience?

Are you going to bring in some fresh "talented" faces or going to add more experience?
To be honest, I haven't actually thought about it just yet, I only had ?2.5 million to start off with and Benjani cost me ?1.7m. I did sell some youngsters for ?200k, so I have got ?1m to spend. I don't know whether that will be enough for a talented player as this game normally prices them above the ?3m barrier.

Users who are viewing this thread