Getting Wicket

cpt crash

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Does anyone get any wickets other then caught on the boundary? I estimate that this makes up 80% of the wickets that I get, okay in 20 20 but unrealisitc in test matches.

I want to see slip catches and bowled and LBW more. I have NEVER had a bat/pad catch or got someone out by setting a leg slip for example. Anyone recommend a patch?

jeetu

Club Captain
I have played few test matches. Almost half my catches are within 30 yard cirlcle. With a combo of spinners with tail enders LBW are not that rare. Quite a few edges to WK as well. Never saw a catch in slip. Thats why stop placing fielders there. All edges falls short of slips.
A patch will be great.

singhy44

Club Captain
Yep, slips don't really do much.
There have been the odd slip catches with pacers, nothing at 1st, always at 2nd or 3rd slip, but NEVER anything off a spinner. The keeper dives miles in front of the slip, and sometimes drops it :noway
I'm holding out for 'IC2011', or whatever it'll be, on PC.

jeetu

Club Captain
In Karachi , Kolkata , I am getting 2-3 slip catches chances (for fast/mid fast bowlers) v/s Pakistan in ODI-50 overs. It worked in all 5 games i tried.
I put my bowler on right side of umpire. (both right and left handed bowlers) and bowl a straight ball at first trying to maintain yellow color on both reticules. I change it to outswing/inswing/offcutter/legcutter. Most times ball goes to 3rd slip , half the time it carries.
Mote - I play normal mode in unpatched game.

surendar

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Wicket taking depends on the line and length you bowl. I get variety of dismissals with beta patch. Remember missing a catch I guess at the slips. Before pressing enter, ball went from my hand.

And more here,

http://www.planetcricket.org/forums/1945518-post4392.html

And yeah,

1. This is with beta patch installed.
  2. My controlled team is England.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread