gleeso73 Retro Teams

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Am I being thick or are there no on disk retro / all time best teams this time round ? Couldn't see them in any team lists. They've been in three previous versions of the game.

No there isn’t any[DOUBLEPOST=1559492931][/DOUBLEPOST]
Made Graham Thorpe in the academy if anyone wants him for digging England out of 90s collapses. Username DeepXen.

Great!!

gleeso73

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
Australia
Added:-

New South Wales 1800s
Victoria 1800s
South Australia 1800s
NSW 1800s logo
NSWCA 1930s logo

Last edited:

lexluger

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
Obviously as someone who likes reading cricket history, creating all these teams is fun especially getting the player appearances and attributes right. Sadly though I couldn't sit through more than 10 minutes of this game. Nothing new with the gameplay/AI intelligence.

gleeso73

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
Australia
Obviously as someone who likes reading cricket history, creating all these teams is fun especially getting the player appearances and attributes right. Sadly though I couldn't sit through more than 10 minutes of this game. Nothing new with the gameplay/AI intelligence.

I must admit I resisted playing Ashes Cricket for the same reasons and was regularly playing DBC17 until recently.

Apart from the obvious glitches, I think the ball physics and timing has improved. Shots behind point began improving since Ashes Cricket. Bowling has improved with the improved ability to set batsmen up ie taking wickets with variations.

I’m definitely disappointed with elements of Cricket19 namely the lack of retro kits and changes with the stadium editor.

lexluger

Club Captain
I must admit I resisted playing Ashes Cricket for the same reasons and was regularly playing DBC17 until recently.

Apart from the obvious glitches, I think the ball physics and timing has improved. Shots behind point began improving since Ashes Cricket. Bowling has improved with the improved ability to set batsmen up ie taking wickets with variations.

I’m definitely disappointed with elements of Cricket19 namely the lack of retro kits and changes with the stadium editor.

Indeed. Not having retro kits and accessories is quite the downgrade. It is not like it is hard to update those along with the rest. Someone needs to reach out and request for the open helmets, pads, gloves, kit styles, and hats to be added back.

The player creation is a slight improvement over the previous iterations but then they throw a monkey wrench in the mix by not having retro equipment and attires in there. They have taken one step forward and two steps back.

gleeso73

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
Australia
Indeed. Not having retro kits and accessories is quite the downgrade. It is not like it is hard to update those along with the rest. Someone needs to reach out and request for the open helmets, pads, gloves, kit styles, and hats to be added back.

The player creation is a slight improvement over the previous iterations but then they throw a monkey wrench in the mix by not having retro equipment and attires in there. They have taken one step forward and two steps back.

The homage to the game’s history was something unique about Big Ant Cricket that other sports games didn’t have.

Only MLB:The Show had anything similar.

passarapin

Associate Captain
AUS..
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Indeed. Not having retro kits and accessories is quite the downgrade. It is not like it is hard to update those along with the rest. Someone needs to reach out and request for the open helmets, pads, gloves,

Whilst I also miss the retro equipment that was available in previous games.
I still think that the player creation suite with the inclusion of playface is more than just a 'slight' improvement.

Some of the Player Models that creators have already achieved, is night and day compared to what we could create in previous games.

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
@gleeso73 , @blockerdave , question for you guys as you are into retro stuff...

Do you know whether anyone has created the following kits (and/or teams) :-

1. Kits (and/or teams) from Benson & Hedges series from 1980s (for Aus, WI, Eng, Ind, Pak, NZ) - either from various tr-series or World Series Championship held in 1985.
2. Kits (and/or teams) from 1992 World Cup.

If not, are you guys planning to create either of these?

gleeso73

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
Australia
@gleeso73 , @blockerdave , question for you guys as you are into retro stuff...

Do you know whether anyone has created the following kits (and/or teams) :-

1. Kits (and/or teams) from Benson & Hedges series from 1980s (for Aus, WI, Eng, Ind, Pak, NZ) - either from various tr-series or World Series Championship held in 1985.
2. Kits (and/or teams) from 1992 World Cup.

If not, are you guys planning to create either of these?

Yeah, there are retro kits floating around the logos section including WC92 which are leftover from Ashes Cricket. I just searched ‘Aus’ and various ODI strips came up.

The WSC strips from the 80s are pretty easy to replicate, but unlike DCB17 the shirt pattern options are limited (ie no side panels) and they would need to be created in logos.

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Yeah, there are retro kits floating around the logos section including WC92 which are leftover from Ashes Cricket. I just searched ‘Aus’ and various ODI strips came up.

The WSC strips from the 80s are pretty easy to replicate, but unlike DCB17 the shirt pattern options are limited (ie no side panels) and they would need to be created in logos.

Do you know know of a user you would recommend for downloading these teams/kits?

Users who are viewing this thread