Go for Cricket 2004 (patched) instead of this heap of unrealistic rubbish

• Thread starter Deleted member 9102
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 9102

Edit: Chris Gayle

Last edited by a moderator:
Insulting BLIC2005 on planetcricket is a serious crime.Edit the post before some admins catch hold of you :boxing

i av edited my post but i cant change the title of the thread
mods please dont punish me i didnt know it was bad to insult games on planetcricket coz on some other forums i know u can say nearly anythin u want. i am SORRY
its just an opinion, suggestion and reccomendation i wont do it again.

Its ok mate just post it on the cricket 2004 forum next time

Last edited:
Madman said:
i av edited my post but i cant change the title of the thread :(
mods please dont punish me i didnt know it was bad to insult games on planetcricket coz on some other forums i know u can say nearly anythin u want. i am SORRY
its just an opinion, suggestion and reccomendation i wont do it again.

He is kidding. We obviously welcome all view points negative or positive.
As someone who helped patch C2k4 extensively I'm gratified by your comments but I personally still vastly prefer BLIC to any EA cricket game I have played.
Opinions are what make the world go round. As long as yours is coherently expressed and based on your personal experience then I for one will respect it and so should everyone else.

@ Mahesh Babu: please don't confuse members by posting such rubbish.

Mahesh Babu said:
Insulting BLIC2005 on planetcricket is a serious crime.Edit the post before some admins catch hold of you :boxing

He is entitled to his own opinion and there was nothing offensive in his post to suggest an editing of that post!

Anyways coming back on topic, I havent played BLIC 2005 so cant say how it is compared to a patched version of EA 2004. But I thoroughly enjoyed Cricket 2004 after it was patched. My hats off to the patchers who worked so much for patching that game which was originally very crappy!

It has every right to be in this forum!
It is his comparison of Cricket 2004 to Brian Lara International Cricket.
People who read the cricket 2004 forums probably already play Cricket 2004, I guess he was trying to point out that there's another cricket game worth playing.

You're entitled to your opinions Madman. Fair play to you.
Personally I prefer BLIC, but each to their own.

Well calling BLIC a heap of unrealistic rubbish is very harsh !!! It has proven to many to be game with real potential and fun !!! Patches made for C2k4 almost remodelled the whole game !!! It then became cricket 2004/05 rather than just C2k4 !!! BLIC has a long way to go and hopefully the next version will be more promising and realistic !!!

The patched Cricket 2004 is at this point still better than cricket 2005. The AI bowling in 2005, is too perfect, giving nothing away, even for minor teams (mainly bowl on off stump). Batting become boaring, since you mainly play a few shots out of the various ones the game offers. How often does other players play the cut or pull shots?

I think patched 2004, gives a better batting game play. Does anyone agree with me?

The patched Cricket 2004 is at this point still better than cricket 2005. The AI bowling in 2005, is too perfect, giving nothing away, even for minor teams (mainly bowl on off stump). Batting become boaring, since you mainly play a few shots out of the various ones the game offers. How often does other players play the cut or pull shots?
I think patched 2004, gives a better batting game play. Does anyone agree with me?

Brain lara cricket is so much better than cricket 2004, graphics are better, shots are better, game modes are better, what does cricket 2004 have which brain lara doesn't.

Ashnal said:

DOnt compare patched version of C2004 with unpatched version of BLIC2005.

ANd also BLIC2005 is built from scratch.

whereas C2004 is an graphic update of BLC99.(after C2002).So they had 2 chances .

The major drawbacks of BLIC are 1) Limited strokeplay, and by that i mean advancing down the wicket shots, reverse sweep etc. Also the strokes are quite scripted and not freestyle enough 2) Innings generator 3) Career fast bowler is pedestrian

Hardly enough to consider this unrealistic rubbish

Users who are viewing this thread