Good Players for England Squad (ICC 2006)

• Thread starter Deleted member 9102
  • Start date
Madman said:
Alexander Loudon (im a Warwickshire fan and he is a very good player :))

Good to see another Bears fan :) I have Loudon at Warwickshire and he's fantastic at County level, I've never got far enough into an England game to be able to pick him so I don't know how well he does in Tests.

I say, if you can, pick Kyle Coetzer. A beast for me. Ever since I started managing Durham in 2005, he hasn't failed to pass 1100 runs in a season, bettering himself each time. he is like my wall, my Rahul Dravid. Although I don't think you can pick him, maybe he isn't qualified to play for England. He certainly isn't a foreign player...

ZoraxDoom said:
I say, if you can, pick Kyle Coetzer. A beast for me. Ever since I started managing Durham in 2005, he hasn't failed to pass 1100 runs in a season, bettering himself each time. he is like my wall, my Rahul Dravid. Although I don't think you can pick him, maybe he isn't qualified to play for England. He certainly isn't a foreign player...

No you can't pick him. He is Scottish.

GrayNicolls said:
No you can't pick him. He is Scottish.
That is what I feared. Shame. Scotland hasn't picked him so far in my game, so I am not complaining :)

David Barrick is a pretty good middle order batsman. And a handy legspinner too.

When I had the demo James Anderson was brilliant and should start ahead of any other bowlers. Tom Smith was pretty good in the one dayers, not sure if he'd be good enough for International level though.

Graeme Knight was very good for my middle order. Definatly Joyce and if you want another spinner to complement Giles i would suggest Graeme Batty (i think thats his name). He is an awsome county bowler and well.. sort of an on-off international bowler, he is second to giles in both ODI and Test but those two are the best two bowlers in my world ratings.

For some reason I picked David Alleyne for my one day squad. And he proved to be really good.

David Alleyne (one day)
Dimitri Mascarenhas (very good one day international player)
Michael Munday (good test player) (legspinner)

Yeah. I chose him because he was a leggie with a decent average. He bowls well though. I don't use him for one days though as he gets smashed around the park.

Users who are viewing this thread