Good players for England

lifeisgood

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Hi I'm new to this forum.:) (I'm working out how to use smilies as well so I put in a few random ones)

Just wondering if anyone knows a few players who are good for England in this game.

Also do you think it would be best to learn the game doing Full/County/International etc?

Final question (for the moment anyway): What does the difficulty setting affect? (E.G How hard it is to score runs, or more to do with manegerial aspects)

Difficulty levels affect most things. From taking wickets, to scoring runs, even down to how easy it is to sign someone.

It is more of a general difficulty level, than specific to one area.

I prefer to play a full game, I also always reject the England job (or whichever team you selected as your favourite team (or home team, can't remember it's exact name)) as if I want to manage a country, I will start with them straight away.

I'd start in county, with a poor county side. Northants, Derbyshire, Gloucestershire, etc.

I play on normal and one player who's been an absolute gun for me since I started has been a wicketkeeper called Lawrence Yao. I'm not sure if he's a regen or not, but i'm now in 2012 and he's averaging nearly 56 and he's already got 9 centuries batting at 6. Mark Davies is brilliant as he is in every other ICC game and so too is Liam Plunkett. Oh yeah, and Owais Shah is an absolute demon with the bat.

If your on about ICC 08 then Joshua Knappett is a very good batting wicketkeeper, Adil Rashid is a good allrounder, Alastair Cook is very good on the game, Stuart Broad is a good bowler, Michael Munday is very good at county level but at international for me anyway hes a bit expensive but does take alot of wickets. James Harris is very good along with Adam Shantry were my opening bowling partnership for many years. Shah as mentioned is good and the last person I can think of off the top of my head is Samit Patel who is very good.

I 2nd Shah being good. Rashid is very good with the bat and ball, he's got me out of so many bad situations with the bat and is a gun as per usual with the ball. Mark Lawson is a very good spinner aswell, he is 22 and he plays for Yorkshire. Ian Bell is top class, just like real life. Great batsman. Back to Shah, he is very versatile. He can bat anywhere in the order and can be aggressive or defensive. Whatever you want from him. I hope this helps mate ;).

im also rather new to the series. i had icc3 but i didnt play it much so im not very experienced but from what i have seen on icc 2008 James Anderson is very good for me always gets loads of wickets. He can be expensive though.

I've just started a "full" game with Derbyshire, and I'm also going to do a seperate International career with India. (Concentrating more on Derbyshire though).

Thanks for the replies

Users who are viewing this thread