Grounded shots

Surya4822

School Cricketer
Hi everyone, I recently bought Cricket 19 on PC after playing a lot of Ashes Cricket 17. Since I've played the previous Big Ant titles, I'm more comfortable with classic controls. But whenever I hit a grounded shots (LT + RT) + Right Stick, the ball is just lofted in the air. In the older games, that button combo usually results in a drive but here the ball is just lofted and am getting out being caught each time I hit a cover drive. Interestingly, hitting towards the square region or leg side usually results in a grounded shot. I was just wondering if anyone else has this issue or if I'm doing something wrong.

I had this problem until I just gave up using both bumpers together, and instead just used the two analog sticks for footwork and spot placement. Seems to do the trick.

Timing is important. You need to play later in Cricket 19 than in the previous games. Try that, if you're not doing it already.

I had this problem until I just gave up using both bumpers together, and instead just used the two analog sticks for footwork and spot placement. Seems to do the trick.
This works but not quite the same thing as drives I think. It feels more like a precision shot

No matter how late I play it (before the timing it too "late"), the batsman just lofts the ball. I have no idea why this is happening. I tried messing with the difficulty setting but to avail. It's really bugging me.

Users who are viewing this thread