World Cup Group A - Pool Matches Discussion Thread

richowebbo

County Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
Jordan was not out. Not that it should be any consolation or well an excuse for England, but 7 down in a chase and 8 down in a chase, make a big difference at times. Its the World Cup and it wouldn't exactly hurt to get decisions right. While its not an excuse, but one does feel for England, I would be pissed if something like that happened to India.

India vs Bangladesh is not a given, for if B'desh beat Kiwis, then India could potentially end up facing SL. Also if India lose the final two games, then India mayn't even end up on top. Having said this iF India losing the final two games, is coupled with B'desh beating Kiwis, then India may yet end up facing B'desh afterall.

So while its very likely, but still not a given that India will play B'desh. Also the glee I sense from the fans at the prospect of India vs B'desh is frankly a little worrying. B'desh will not be a rollover. India need to be prepared.

As for England, well they were expected to lose to Aus and Kiwis, but their performances against SL and B'desh calls for much scrutiny. THey really should have been able to defend a 300+ total, and to be honest should never have let B'desh get to 275 having put them into bat and then having had them 10/2. In both those matches England let the game drift in the 10-35 overs area.

Often the reaction to upsets is extreme, and England are being said to be the worst ever and B'desh the greatest side ever, the fact is that often in these cases the truth is in between. England do need to improve their ODI game, no doubt, but the criticism is a little over the top as it tends to be in these cases.

One thing I am happy about is the B'desh fans have something to cheer. B'desh are the among the most passionate fans cricket has ever seen, who have time and again been let down by the team. It sort of takes me back to the 90s, when I was a total Indian fan, but with a sh!t team to cheer for, and there were plenty of disappointments along the way. SO I am happy that B'desh fans have a great win to cheer. They deserve it.

Jordan shouldn't have been in the situation where he could have been given out!

I don't think India will much of a problem against B'Desh.

They played well today though and it is nice to see someone outside of the big 8 in the quarters, just wish it wasn't England who were heading home!

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Ok, I get it now. But still, we would expect India to top Group B so it would be India v Bangladesh.

abhi_jacko

National Board President
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
I am so happy for Bangladesh and Bangladeshis. Like PokerAce said, BD has one of the most passionate cricket fans in the world and it is glad to see them happy and jubilant like this. And I have been a BD fan for a while as well, so I am quite delighted too.

As far as England go, I wonder if this will actually change anything. I don't think they will give any more importance to ODIs than they do right now (which is not much). They will probably start preparing for the next Ashes after going home. I will probably only care about the English team if they bring back KP :D

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
I am so happy for Bangladesh and Bangladeshis. Like PokerAce said, BD has one of the most passionate cricket fans in the world and it is glad to see them happy and jubilant like this. And I have been a BD fan for a while as well, so I am quite delighted too.

As far as England go, I wonder if this will actually change anything. I don't think they will give any more importance to ODIs than they do right now (which is not much). They will probably start preparing for the next Ashes after going home. I will probably only care about the English team if they bring back KP :D
We've got a tour of the West Indies next month. We'll be quite happy to forget about this one-day stuff and get back to Tests.

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Its great hearing the England cricket captain: Oi tink we havent plaid well enuff, dats wat oi tink......

to be fair, still better than the weasel words from Paul Downton on sky... " we didn't have a very experienced team" - well who sacked one of our most experienced players, who didn't pick Hales a year ago, who's bowling coach made Steven Finn unselectable??? we could have had an experienced side!

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
We've got a tour of the West Indies next month. We'll be quite happy to forget about this one-day stuff and get back to Tests.
Hahaha, typical English mentality. Btw its not that you guys are great at Test matches too ;) I now see why ECB wants this to cut the WC to in 2019 to 40 overs. I mean I am really happy to see BD progress and England not progress. This isnt a T20 WC that you can give excuses and not care about, a cricket fan would love to see ODI as much as they love to see Test matches. I agree T20 isnt important and getting out early is ok but in ODI WC its just not acceptable and just shows how pathetic English cricket is due to it believing that ODI is not important and only thing they want to win is ASHES.

abhi_jacko

National Board President
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4

Not surprising at all :)

Biggs

This guy gets it
BGZ..
Profile Flag
New Zealand (Silver Fern)
Its great hearing the England cricket captain: Oi tink we havent plaid well enuff, dats wat oi tink......

"Fiddle-de-dee we'll have to look at the potatoes data". Eoin Morgan: Proof Ireland should have Test status yesterday... and he'd be sitting on the bench watching them play.

Can the ECB jump out of the BCCI's ass already and we can get this global cricket train back on the rails?

IceAgeComing

Retired Administrator
Profile Flag
Scotland
I support a ten team world cup - its important that we keep teams like England that can't play competitively out of the world cup to make it more interesting for spectators. Ireland and Afghanistan are perfectly welcome to play, but not England!

Biggs

This guy gets it
BGZ..
Profile Flag
New Zealand (Silver Fern)
England would struggle in Associate Grade cricket legit, because every one of the players in that tournament play like its the last time they will get the chance to represent their country on a global stage and for many of the players that's sadly the case.

D

Dutch

England would struggle in Associate Grade cricket legit, because every one of the players in that tournament play like its the last time they will get the chance to represent their country on a global stage and for many of the players that's sadly the case.

Its the results of suits ruling cricket rather than people who know cricket from the ground up. There is no doubt that we are failing to adapt to cricket trends: even when we do compete somewhat we are lethargic: take the Scotland game.....any other team would have rammed 400 down Scotlands throat and gained masses of confidence in the process: yes we got 300 but the overs between say 10 and 30 were test match cricket....we just dont have the mentality......

Users who are viewing this thread