Group B - 9th Match Netherslands v Pakistan

ali_ed2001

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Yep. That's why I'm afraid of Lankans. Murali and Mendis are too good, and then they have Jayasuria, if he gets going then there's no stopping Sri Lanka from winning.

Insomniac

Title Recipient
I think Pakistan should easily be able to beat NZ, PREHAPS Ireland.

Sri Lanka will be hard, but we might be able to make it to the semi finals

Master Khan

National Board President
PAK...
Profile Flag
Pakistan
I can't believe Pakistan are not playing at Trent Bridge:mad:!!
I really wanna go and see them play but London is too far

nikhil_99

International Coach
Saeed Ajmal bowled beautifully..They batted and got to a good score.Pak are now into Super 8,so no upset in this particular match.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
No reward for Netherlands upset victory. Sadly they peaked against the English while Pakistan brought their A game. Still wouldn't be confident tipping Pakistan, they are still that unpredictable team.

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
Shame that the Dutch upset didn't count for anything... although it makes the next round of the competition a lot more exciting.

I think New Zealand and Sri Lanka will beat Pakistan in the next round. The only reason the Dutch failed today is because they had no idea how to tackle Afridi and Ajmal. As India showed in the warm-up, a proper Test nation won't have too much trouble against the spinners.

Aoun13

Chairman of Selectors
Profile Flag
Pakistan
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Shame that the Dutch upset didn't count for anything... although it makes the next round of the competition a lot more exciting.

I think New Zealand and Sri Lanka will beat Pakistan in the next round. The only reason the Dutch failed today is because they had no idea how to tackle Afridi and Ajmal. As India showed in the warm-up, a proper Test nation won't have too much trouble against the spinners.

Thats not right at all because Australia couldn't able to pick these two guys.The reason for unpredictability in these two spinners is that if these bowlers gets an early break through then their confidence will boost up and they started to becoming more dangerous.
Ajmal needs more juggling with his dusra which has no answer when you bowl that in the middle of an over in which there was totally off spin.
It will be very difficult for New Zealand to face them if Pakistan will restrict them to around 40/1 in first 6 overs.
Srilanka is an Asian team so it will be a little easy for the to face Pakistan's spin attack but as I have mention earlier that if they will get an early boost it will be deadly for the opposition.
If Pakistan opening pace attack will be able to have one or two wickets it will not be an easy task to play against these spinners considering the England's condition.Pakistan have got heeps of confidence after their last win and hoping they will perform well.

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
Thats not right at all because Australia couldn't able to pick these two guys.
Australia is probably one of the weakest players of spin bowling in world cricket right now, or at least their T20 line-up is. However, I think the likes of Haddin, Clarke and the Husseys would have played Afridi and Ajmal with ease. New Zealand may have a bit of trouble but Sri Lanka should be able to handle it. If they get to the next round, I think South Africa and India have all the capabilities to handle them and England is not all that bad either. If Chris Gayle is still around when the spinners come on then they might as well forget about the match. :)

The reason for unpredictability in these two spinners is that if these bowlers gets an early break through then their confidence will boost up and they started to becoming more dangerous.
That is true of almost any bowler.

Users who are viewing this thread