Group B (Sri Lanka, New Zealand, Zimbabwe) - 9th Match Zimbabwe v NZ

If you honestly think 3 runs off 19 balls (16 wasted balls) is better than getting a duck off 4 balls (4 wasted balls) you're retarded. 16 wasted balls in T20 is pretty much a disaster - SL effectively batted about 2 and a half less overs than us. If Dilshan had scored anywhere near a run a ball SL woulda won. You could say he lost them the game on his own. Especially considering it was the Power Play overs. Oh and someone made the comment about Dilshan's record v McCullums or whatever, just fling off, this is T20 cricket, i'm not getting into a player debate. McCullum's a wicket keeper (in the other forms at least) anyway, so apples and oranges.

As for McCullum, he's a great T20 batsmen, I don't know why people disagree. He's scored 3 T20 hundreds for starters. Mid 30's is a very high average also. His strike rate is excellent. His fielding is excellent, especially when he wicketkeeps What more do you want from a player in T20 cricket? I'm not a fanboy at all - I just think he's getting a lot of unfair criticism for no reason. I think it's either to spite/troll me or else you're just spiteful that for once NZL has a world class player. With all the tweaking ████ players we have we can't even be considered to have 1 good player? Yet everyone constantly goes on about the great Aussie side, great SA side, how great Tendulkar is etc. and because I try and argue we have 1 good player in the game of cricket I get hounded.

Last edited:
If you honestly think 3 runs off 19 balls (16 wasted balls) is better than getting a duck off 4 balls (4 wasted balls) you're retarded.

If you honestly think 0 runs is better then 3 you are retarded.

Dilshan did get a few leg byes and thus rotate the strike to Mahel who then hit Bond for a few boundaries.

3 off 19 is so bad that I suspect match fixing. In fairness though he hit several hard shots straight at fielders.

If you could somehow know that a player on SL was going to score 3 off 19 during the power play, you could make a fortune betting on NZ, far more than if you just knew he was getting out first ball. 3 off 19 is probably 25 runs worse than how a normal batsman would do. 15 to 20 runs vs. a player scoring at the normal rate, and then 5 to 10 runs lost for the loss of the wicket. When you consider that the par score on this pitch was say, 140, that's a huge difference. Probably the difference between a team like Australia and Bangladesh.

Srilanka to get out in this round.. They will lose to zim

Obviously 0 is not better than 3. But the point remains that Dilshan hurt his team more considering that Sri Lanka lost only 6 wickets (3 of them were in the last 2 overs as well). I'm with irrotev on this one. This is a T20 match. You can't afford to be 3 off 19 balls unless you really accelerate from there on in. However, Dilshan got out and just ended up having wasted 3 overs which when you look at in the larger scheme of things, was much worse than a duck. While Dilshan contributed more, he also hurt Sri Lanka more because those balls he wasted could have been put to better use.

Last edited:
Yes, 0 was better than 3 under the circumstances. But why does it matter? It's an irrelevant point :)

Who said that WI grounds are small? It's massive in this ground.

Last edited:
Zims you dumb SOB! What were you guys thinkin?? Why were you guys playing ODI cricket!?! :doh

11 overs, you should be going nuts! Now you lost by 14 runs!! ya you saved your wickets! yaay, you have 9 wickets in hand. :banana2 go smoke on em!! :mad:

Users who are viewing this thread