Group B (Sri Lanka, New Zealand, Zimbabwe) - 9th Match Zimbabwe v NZ

irottev

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Dilshan's in terrible form. Sri Lanka completely reliant on Jayawardene making another big score.

And he did. He's in great form. Shows you don't have to be a blaster to score T20 hundreds. You probably have to open though. Poor Zimbabwe didn't really get a fair chance to chase it. But to think, if they'd scored 44 or less with less wickets down they would have won the game hahaha.

Dare

Chairman of Selectors
Obviously 0 is not better than 3. But the point remains that Dilshan hurt his team more considering that Sri Lanka lost only 6 wickets (3 of them were in the last 2 overs as well). I'm with irrotev on this one. This is a T20 match. You can't afford to be 3 off 19 balls unless you really accelerate from there on in. However, Dilshan got out and just ended up having wasted 3 overs which when you look at in the larger scheme of things, was much worse than a duck. While Dilshan contributed more, he also hurt Sri Lanka more because those balls he wasted could have been put to better use.

He is not the only one that didn't bat at a high strike rate or the only one that didn't perform. To blame the loss on just him is not fair. Other then Jayawardene nobody is in form, maybe Murali but he is done now.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Really wanted to see this match play out but Zimbabwe were next to no chance of chasing that total down.

irottev

School Cricketer
I really wouldn't be surprised if we lost to Zimbabwe tonight (tomorrow morning). I hope we can overcome them. We haven't played them in a looonnnggg time so i'm nervous. They've already toppled two top nations and there's no reason why it can't happen again.

crazyrahul

Club Cricketer
HOW POOR LAST 2 GAMES WERE !!!

Rain spoiled the match actually, I was thinking about future cricket there, may be 5-5 overs game. :p

Nonetheless, one more good knock by Jayawardene. he is in his best form of his life, continuing from his IPL performances. 2nd century of this T20 World Cup after Raina. :clap

Zimbabwe's fielding was poor and they didn't get much chance in batting, otherwise Chigumbura could change the situation. Result might be otherwise. Now, New Zealand has to beat Zimbabwe. On the other hand, Zimbabwe has to beat NZ by huge margin.

Varun

ICC Board Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Brilliant performance by Jayawardene!!!

After watching him for the last two months I've really felt that ...
Jayawardene >> Sanga

angryangy

ICC Chairman
Zimbabwe are being defeated by some kind of arcane bowling style I'm completely unfamiliar with.

Themer

Chairman of Selectors
Dangerous game NZ are playing by attempting to just stay infront of the rate. If they come back out for a few overs, lose a few wickets then the rain returns and they're buggered.

irottev

School Cricketer
Dangerous game NZ are playing by attempting to just stay infront of the rate. If they come back out for a few overs, lose a few wickets then the rain returns and they're buggered.

Yeah the chase was poor. We should have been a lot more aggressive. When we play like that we often lose. It gets too negative. Oh well, we deserved to win after the bowling effort and had the game gone on for the full time it would have been easy work. Just D/L making the equation smaller.

Users who are viewing this thread