Grp B 2nd Round: England vs New Zealand

Flemming and Styris both got 43... Flemo played nice and easy, while Scottie took a more agressive approach to finish up the match.

Not much too see here really. I did find it funny that Jimmy Anderson was a swing bowler, despite the fact he bowls most balls in the 140's, and gets very close to 150 on some deliveries... in this game he was a good 20-30k/h below this!

well played vetts, a semi final berth will be yours im sure :up: , England will need to improve greatly if they are to progress, consistency is the key factor.

Fleming: I'm very happy with our strong overall performance today. Our bowlers pushed the point early, with Dan the man providing the goods which deservingly got him the man of the match award. When chasing we kept a level head and realised that not everyball needed to be smacked out of the park and reached the total with the loss of only one wicket. We're definately looking forward to our upcoming games in this tournament, and now have our hopes set on making it into the semi's. On the downside, i have been informed that Cairns has broken a bone in his left hand and will be out for six weeks. His replacement will be named soon.

well played guys..and congrats to vetts for his first win of this tour.. :up:

Vaughan: I think our batting lineup has to fire for us to have any chance of a semi final place. Few guys are not in best of form coming after a time off but we are still confident of a good show in coming matches..

congrats to you vetts..I think this is the first time I played v. you.

I didn't realise you were on a damp pitch their Shailesh, no wonder you were bowled out cheap...perhaps you will regret that decision cos on damp pitches its better to chase :wall:

Breaking News: Report is just in that Jonah and Zim actually missed this match as well and the shots displayed on video screen were some feed from a local game in Sri Lanka! In a fax we received they blamed it on a bad flight connection coming from Sydney but promised to be there for England's next game. They plan to party again tonight after hearing that England earned a bonus point from this match.
We'll keep you posted on this story.

Sonic,

I knew this was going to be tough as I'm not a big fan of damp,wet pitches..it was frustrating to see well played shots only resulting in 1 run and some outrageous edges! hope to get better pitches in next games :angry: :taz:

i know the feeling, you play a beautiful cover drive shot, only to see it hold up not even halfway towards the boundary, I think you have some winable games in your group still left to play, maybe it will come to net run rate i think :sw:

i know the feeling, you play a beautiful cover drive shot, only to see it hold up not even halfway towards the boundary

I had some even worse..ball would initially fly off after playing the shot..batsman not bothered to run, admiring the shot..and then only to see that the ball stopped dead near the rope.. :chair: :sw:

ahh yes, I do that a lot. One thing I am a sucker to is running for two runs when the ball is fielded right on the rope, you turn just as the ball is being thrown thinking you can just make it, but get run out nearly every time, but I find myself always taking the risk :wall:

Users who are viewing this thread