Hall quits international cricket

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
Online Cricket Games Owned
Clicky

:( One of my favourites.

If he does join ICL though, it will make it even more interesting, alongside the likes of Lara, Klusener, Razzaq, Yousuf and Inzy :)

ICL is really building up a good amount of pretty good internationals, with the odd star here and there.

Can't say i'm gutted really. Another gun for hire for the ICL it seems.

I wouldn't say Andrew Hall was a world-beater. I expect he has done this in readiness to sign up to the Indian Cricket League, which has been much more of a success than I thought it would be when I first read about it earlier in the year.

He's a very solid, good quality signing though.
It'll stop the league from being just a few world class players and then some mediocore Indian League players. They're getting a good standard the whole way through.

Shame, he was a good allrounder for SA. Money will always draw people to do things they normally wouldnt - ICL. No doubt he has been approached by the ICL.

Whilst I'm sure it was mainly the money from the ICL that led to him to retire, I expect that the prospect of playing county cricket next year as a kolpak had some part to play as well.

Aye, Hadn't thought of that yet A_A. Beside he does have the right to feel a little annoyed at the South African Cricket Board, they do tend to mess him around a lot with selections and things.

The SACB seem to mess a fair few of their players around, Hall isn't the only one.

I can't say that I'm a big fan of Hall but I think he would have done well in the 20/20 championships.

I think he's a valuable asset to have in ODI and Twenty/20 cricket. I wouldn't touch him with a barge pole in Tests however.

He's one of those bits and pieces players that proves good in ODI's. He can bowl you ten overs off the reel, quickly and without fuss. Occassionally picking up a few wickets and he can hit the ball a long way in the lower order.

Another interesting story

Kallis emphasises his commitment to play for country

Jacques Kallis, who recently quit vice-captaincy of the national team after being omitted from the squad for Twenty20 World Championship, has said he was committed to playing for the country and his patriotism cannot be doubted.

"If it wasn't about playing for South Africa, if it was about money, then I'd be in England or India," Kallis told the Mercury.

Kallis said he had received offers immediately after reports of his unhappiness about being left out were published around the world. "When people heard that I was unhappy, the offers that came in to my manager Dave Rundle were substantial. They were three or four times more than I earn now."

http://content-ind.cricinfo.com/southafrica/content/current/story/309167.html

Fantastic! Another ageing yarpie to play county cricket as a Kolpak. Just what our domestic game needs.

Actually I don't really blame Hall as he seems to have been messed about somewhat by the saffie selectors over the years. I'd imagine his exclusion from the 20/20 WC just brought it to a head.

At his age he's got maybe 5 years left and could almost certainly make more money as a Kolpak and ICL player than he could as a fringe SA international.

Not really a huge loss. He wasn't that great a player. Handy, but not top tier.

Useful all rounder at times but now another kolpak to English domestic cricket :(.
Players are retiring thick and fast now.
First Razzaq and now Hall.

Handy player for SA being able to open the inns and bowl handy medium pacers which proved difficult to get away on occasions. But SA will be able to replace him.

Users who are viewing this thread