Harbajhan:Hogg will be punished - HAHAHA

Online Cricket Games Owned
Whats with Harbajhan saying Australia have no depth and that Brad Hogg will be smashed? What a load of crap. What depth does India have - they still have Kumble and Harbajhan playing as their best spinners...WTF!! What depth do they have exactly???

All the time teams bag Australia and they just recieve it stright back in their face....Cant they work out it doesnt work? Or arent they intelligent enough?

And whats with Harbajhan being the most arrogant player in world cricket? I cant wait to see him get SMASHED.

4-0 Australia BRING IT ON.

Last edited by a moderator:
Whats wrong with Kumble and Harbajhan? Any other team would love to have them as their two spinners,Australia dont exactly have any depth in the spin department since Warne retired,MacGill injured,Brad Hogg would be next in line and he has a bad first class record.

Brad Hogg shouldn't play in Melbourne though because India are the best players of spin in the world and in the modern day spinners never have success on Australia pitches when bowling to quality batting lineups that can play spin very well. I think Hogg would have similar success as to what Murali had a month ago and he averaged over 100 with the ball.

We'd be better off playing 4 pacemen & using Symonds and Clarke for variation.

No India not the best players of spin in the world, Australia are easily. They are the best in every single catergory of the game.

I agree with Harbhajan that Hogg is not our best option. I'm sorry, but there is very little evidence to suggest that his One Day form will carry over to test cricket. He is a fantastic one day player because of his all-round qualities and his economical bowling but his wrong 'un is easier to pick with the red ball and he is not enough of a wicket taker in first class cricket.

Whats with Harbajhan saying Australia have no depth and that Brad Hogg will be smashed? What a load of crap. What depth does India have - they still have Kumble and Harbajhan playing as their best spinners...WTF!! What depth do they have exactly???

All the time teams bag Australia and they just recieve it stright back in their face....Cant they work out it doesnt work? Or arent they intelligent enough?

And whats with Harbajhan being the most arrogant player in world cricket? I cant wait to see him get SMASHED.

4-0 Australia BRING IT ON.

Firstly, Harbajan never said that Australia did not have any depth, he just said that they(India) would love to face Brad Hogg, and that Hogg was not comparable to Warne on MacGill. I do agree that Harbajan is very arrogant and some of his comments can be well left unsaid, but as far as Australia smashing him all over the park.....it is a possibility and I'm sure Australia can play him well, but just remember last time Australia played Harbajan...they had not a clue how to face him as he picked up a hattrick in that test, and played very well in that test series.

This shoudl be a great series, i'm excited!

I think there is a very valid argument for playing Hogg because India are good players of spin. If we resort to using part-timers, expect to get carted in that area. It is very much banking on the strength of Plan A. As I've said, it might be a good idea at only 2 of the grounds.

maybe hogg will be easy pickings for the indian batsmen but i think harbhajan should stop making big statements and instead concentrate on his performance which has been below par for a long time now.

Firstly, Harbajan never said that Australia did not have any depth, he just said that they(India) would love to face Brad Hogg, and that Hogg was not comparable to Warne on MacGill. I do agree that Harbajan is very arrogant and some of his comments can be well left unsaid, but as far as Australia smashing him all over the park.....it is a possibility and I'm sure Australia can play him well, but just remember last time Australia played Harbajan...they had not a clue how to face him as he picked up a hattrick in that test, and played very well in that test series.

This shoudl be a great series, i'm excited!

Quote Singh: "Without Warne and MacGill there are no quality spinners in Australia"

That is a direct hit at the depth of Australian spinners. Australia does have good spinners in Cullen Baily, Aaron Heal, that blonde dude from South Australia, Nathan Hauritz, and the Victorian who is also bowling well.

Last time Harbajhan bowled in Australia he had the figures of 1/168. Amazing....

Last time Australia played a test in India, Micahel Clarke took 6 for 9 (although Australia still lost).

Spin wont play a big part in this series in my opinion.

Last edited:
No India not the best players of spin in the world, Australia are easily. They are the best in every single catergory of the game.

India are my friend miles......no wait galaxy away form any competition in spin playing department.

Quote Singh: "Without Warne and MacGill there are no quality spinners in Australia"

That is a direct hit at the depth of Australian spinners. Australia does have good spinners in Cullen Baily, Aaron Heal, that blonde dude from South Australia, Nathan Hauritz, and the Victorian who is also bowling well.

Last time Harbajhan bowled in Australia he had the figures of 1/168. Amazing....

Last time Australia played a test in India, Micahel Clarke took 6 for 9 (although Australia still lost).

Spin wont play a big part in this series in my opinion.
How would India know? Unless Harbhajan is an avid Pura Cup viewer (which considering the fact that it isn't on TV would suggest that he is not), I highly doubt that he would have any idea of our uncapped spinners. He knows something about Hogg and MacGill of course, but as for guys like Bailey and Cullen et al, he would have no idea anyway.

scion_sid said:
India are my friend miles......no wait galaxy away form any competition in spin playing department.
The thing about Australia is that they have for so long had the best spinners in the world that they have not faced the challenge of Warne (and MacGill). However, if we are to look at Muralidaran's record against Australia, you can see that they play him quite well. So as for comparisons, it is tough.

Peronsally as an Indian fan, I think Bhajji is getty a bit too 'mouthy' before this series has begun, Its alright saying that we have a good chance and we're not scared of them (which we're not ;)) like Ganguly said in one of his interviews, but Bhajji just can't go around slacking a country off about their Spin department when you're not the best Spinner in the world yourself currently...

i think you have to play hogg, he isnt excatly the best spinner in the world but had a decent economy which is what you should be aiming for first of all in australia.
id take Harbajhan slating him like that as a a load of watery bowel movement, hes a good player and they prob dont want him to play and hope that aus go with 4 seamers

Kumble not world class? Are you mad?
584 wickets, at an average of 28, in Test cricket. You have GOT to be kidding me.
If your dissing a team, make sure those hits are valid..

The only reason Hogg did well India was because of the pitches, India pitches own for spin.
In Australia, he won't do as well.

India not the best players of spin? Just look at how we played Warne.

Well I hate to break it to you but Hogg has been playing in Australia for all his life, and his form there is what is putting him into contention for a test spot, not just his international ODI form.

But like I said, we play the guy in about 75% of our ODI's, and he only just cemented a spot for WA in the Pura Cup, so if you ask me, he is not our best option. Unleash Tait.

Users who are viewing this thread