Harbajhan:Hogg will be punished - HAHAHA

Hey Suppershaft or whatever your name is, whats wrong with putting a bowler who hasn't got a good test record under some pressure?

:p

I think Hogg could be successful and making comments like Harbhajan did can only lead to him looking silly in a couple of months. However I, like many others, believe that Australia should go with an all-pace attack because I think the extra pace will be far more useful than Hogg.

How would India know? Unless Harbhajan is an avid Pura Cup viewer (which considering the fact that it isn't on TV would suggest that he is not), I highly doubt that he would have any idea of our uncapped spinners. He knows something about Hogg and MacGill of course, but as for guys like Bailey and Cullen et al, he would have no idea anyway.

The thing about Australia is that they have for so long had the best spinners in the world that they have not faced the challenge of Warne (and MacGill). However, if we are to look at Muralidaran's record against Australia, you can see that they play him quite well. So as for comparisons, it is tough.

Australians have always struggled against spin specially in sub continent

Australians have always struggled against spin specially in sub continent
No we haven't. All teams find it hard to face spin on the subcontinent, but we don't struggle against spin that much away from there. It's certainly not a major weakness. Like I just said, look at Murali's record against us, it's not as great at his record against other sides.

Murali might just be an exception.
Check out Kumnle's reocrd aginst you people-he took 20+wickets in the last Test series downunder.

Coming to Hogg,I think he will find it hard.
Harbhajan might have made that statement coz Hogg has'nt really played Test Cricket-4 Tests odd.
And to unleash Hogg against a line-up that can play any spin well,that would be a prob for the Aussies.

No we haven't. All teams find it hard to face spin on the subcontinent, but we don't struggle against spin that much away from there. It's certainly not a major weakness. Like I just said, look at Murali's record against us, it's not as great at his record against other sides.

Look at murali record at home and think if he averages so much in australia
as he has never been able to bowl second there,how much he has destroyed them at home to average at 36 against them.

Australia best batsman ricky ponting struggles against off spin so india has to play harbhajan in sydney and adelaide

meh!! Harbyhajane gonaa pawn Australia's lollipop batters. He is my new onion spinner. Hogg sucks XD

Look at murali record at home and think if he averages so much in australia
as he has never been able to bowl second there,how much he has destroyed them at home to average at 36 against them.

Australia best batsman ricky ponting struggles against off spin so india has to play harbhajan in sydney and adelaide
Well then show me something to back up your claim if Murali is the exception. Kumble could be the exception rather than Murali. He could have had a good series last time, and don't forget that this team is very different to the one your side last toured. Steve Waugh was still our captain back then.

Hayden batted 6 times in the 2001 series in India and only failed to pass 50 once. 3 years later in 2004, he batted 8 times and only past 50 once.

One series doesn't guareente you success in jack swat!

Users who are viewing this thread