Your Cricket Hardest bowl to play

Early on I have some problems knowing where exactly my off stump is. Anything on the stumps, I cover well, but just outside off stump always has me fishing because I think it's going to hit.

Later on when I'm set, it's one from a spinner that's floated up but will land just at my feet. The flatter ones I cover well, getting onto the front foot. But whenever I see the ball floated up I prepare to stand tall and smack what I think is a full toss. Unfortunately for me, it gets me in trouble.

Did I mention I'm not a very good batsman?

While batting the ball I hate most is the yorker on the middle and leg stumps. In case of spin bowling i hate the googly from a right arm leg spinner. Because i am a left handed batsman and I have a tendency to play leg spin bowling by stepping out but the googly turns away from me and some times it goes to the keeper touching the edge of the bat or i get stumped.

While Batting (well actually I am a bowler,but got 3 centuries in tests,so a fair enough batsmen :D ), I hate in-swinging yorker that lands just on the leg stump...8/10 times I get castled....So to me it is the Hardest bowl to play...

Yorker does get me out a lot of time early on. coz i have a high backlift and tends to be lazy sometimes. But i have corrected this problem by staying alert.
Now the bowl i dont like is the one left arm bowler bowls from over the wicket on good length and swings it in. I have a trigger movement where i plant my frontfoot across(ala KP :p) and i would be a plumb case for lbw it if miss.

P.S: I just wanna know if it is possible to play a leg glance towards fine leg with hard bottom hand? I'm only able to play there when i have a loose bottom hand on the bat. If i try to play with hard bottom hand, the ball goes towards square leg or mid wicket. And sometimes it goes in air.

i seem to have a problem with the outswinger early on in my innings whenever i bat.for some reason i keep playing away from my body.

I'm a good enough batsmen with 5 centuries to my name. I think the hardest bowl to play is a reverse swinging yorker especially from a bowler with round arm action.

well i feel any ball to the body line is difficult to play specially full....:mad

Leg And Off Spin

After hitting the nets for the first time of the season (I'm Australian), I have realized I cannot play anything pitched on or outside leg stump. I have been cracking shots through the off side and down the ground, but I can't seem to hit anything through the leg side. Both when the ball is pitched short and full, I just seem to follow it around. Any suggestions?

After hitting the nets for the first time of the season (I'm Australian), I have realized I cannot play anything pitched on or outside leg stump. I have been cracking shots through the off side and down the ground, but I can't seem to hit anything through the leg side. Both when the ball is pitched short and full, I just seem to follow it around. Any suggestions?

Leg side glance shots are very difficult to play as timing them too late and you will miss the ball and timing it too early means your in danger of a top-edge back to the bowler. So just have some throw-downs in your net session on your pads and just keep practising the shot.

Users who are viewing this thread